Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Choppy video; can I use the native phone video on the osmo mobile?
3600 4 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wellsi
Captain
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all

I started using my new Osmo Mobile today for the first time and was pretty unimpressed with the videos I shot.  Jumpy and freezing frames whilst playing with the dogs.  I use a Samsung S7 edge and was previously using the Lanparte Gimbal which is a straight gimbal with no bluetooth connection; you use the native video recording function of the phone, which works perfectly and is never choppy or frozen.  

Is there a way to make the Osmo control and record using the native video recorder of the phone?  

Ian

2017-2-26
Use props
SnowBirdNL
lvl.1
Canada

I don't believe this is possible, i could not find a way.

What i found is best (im sure others mentioned already somewhere) is FilMic Pro. (Unfortunately not free)

This works with the OSMO Mobile no problem (connect to it from within app).

What is second best about FilMic Pro, is the Focus and Exposure settings are separate unlike most native apps, and further can control these using the buttons/joystick on the OSMO..
2017-2-26
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ha... marvelous....  so I have a perfectly good 4K native video camera that gets bypassed up by the Osmo and replaced with a substandard choppy alternative ....  nothing like over-complicating something simple ....  And I'm a DJI fanboy....

Cheers for the pointer Snowbird!

Ian
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Wellsi Posted at 2017-2-26 11:54
Ha... marvelous....  so I have a perfectly good 4K native video camera that gets bypassed up by the Osmo and replaced with a substandard choppy alternative ....  nothing like over-complicating something simple ....  And I'm a DJI fanboy....

Cheers for the pointer Snowbird!

Yes, it's actually possible.  Enter your phone's native camera app, see if you can start/stop recording with volum + - button of your phone, if it does, then you can use Osmo Mobile handle to control. Connect bluetooth, enter your native camera app, and press buttons on Osmo Mobile
2017-2-27
Use props
Wellsi
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-27 00:32
Yes, it's actually possible.  Enter your phone's native camera app, see if you can start/stop recording with volum + - button of your phone, if it does, then you can use Osmo Mobile handle to control. Connect bluetooth, enter your native camera app, and press buttons on Osmo Mobile

Thanks Thor.  I can set what the volume buttons do so I'll have a go at that.
I noticed another thread on here that mentioned precisely the same problem with a number of phones.  Any idea what's causing the choppy recording?  I never have this issue on my Mavic....

Ian
2017-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules