Mavic Pro High pitched sound?
1305 4 2017-2-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd4fe6377
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184600 ft
United States

Hovering outside and I heard a high pitched sound that comes from the drone.<---( note it was very quiet) The sound is high pitched, one tone and is  not rythmic in any way. the sound comes in and out. I am not sure if it coming from one of the motors. Maybe a proppler blade( kind of digging on the proppler posablety.). Can any one give me some insight. Maybe a DJI rep.?
2017-2-26
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Did you get any warmings from the app?

Please check the propellers and see if they are firmly secure. Then take them off and re-install them again and again make sure they sit tight and try starting the MAVIC, first leave it on the ground with the motors running for a minute or so then take it up and let it hover for a minute or so and see if the noise repeat and if there are any warnings form the app. if not you are good IF IT HAPPENED AGAIN start a ticket.

Just note that you need to do this check everytime, before and after you fly.

Safety First, Fund Second!
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please try dronist's advice and if convenient, please make a short video of the high pitched sound.
I'll help to check on it.
2017-2-26
Use props
Tow
lvl.1
Flight distance : 184600 ft
United States

I did what droniest said to do seemed to solve the problem. I do check the lash ever time before take off too. How long should props last before replacement?  I am getting some high wind warnings. When it is not really that windy and I do take altitude in to account.. I am also wondering is Gimbal shake err. common in sport mode?
2017-3-22
Use props
jreynolds5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 535341 ft
United States

belive it or not once you get over the top of any obstructions, tres, houses etc the wind speed can change dramatically. And I get gimbal shake warning in sport mode frequently.
2017-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules