Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Caching maps
3249 17 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
out2sea71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Good morning
Could you please explain how to cache maps for use without internet/cell connection?  Thanks

2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please enable cache map in the background from DJI GO app. It's in the general settings.
Then zoom in and zoom out the place you want to fly at.
2017-2-27
Use props
russ43phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067231 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-27 03:41
Please enable cache map in the background from DJI GO app. It's in the general settings.

In your comment above, are you referring to the P4P+'s DJI GO 4 app.  If not, can you be more specific to how to work with the P4P+.  How can a map other the the map of Berlin be made to come up as the default?
2017-2-27
Use props
russ43phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067231 ft
  • >>>
United States

In your comment above, are you referring to the P4P+'s DJI GO 4 app.  If not, can you be more specific to how to work with the P4P+.  How can a map other the the map of Berlin be made to come up as the default?
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

russ43phantom Posted at 2017-2-27 10:33

Hello, we have reported this issue with P4P+ and we will get it improved in the later firmware update.
2017-2-28
Use props
marksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42792 ft
Australia

Mindy, can you please be a little clearer where the "Cache offline" option is for the Android version?

I`ll just remind you, because all you mods seem to forget, there are two versions of this app, and they are both so different ( why you would ever do that, is beyond me, but I`m guessing its a China thing to make things harder then they need be )
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

marksy Posted at 2017-2-28 16:19
Mindy, can you please be a little clearer where the "Cache offline" option is for the Android version?

I`ll just remind you, because all you mods seem to forget, there are two versions of this app, and they are both so different ( why you would ever do that, is beyond me, but I`m guessing its a China thing to make things harder then they need be )

Thanks for remind me about this.
It's an option for IOS device.
As for Android device, you will need to zoom in and zoom out the place you want to fly at.
2017-3-1
Use props
out2sea71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95915 ft
United States

Thank you MIndy!
2017-3-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 01:27
As for Android device, you will need to zoom in and zoom out the place you want to fly at.

Since I have HERE installed on my Smartphone with Europe-wide offline-maps installed: is there any way to force DJI GO to use these maps when offline ?
2017-3-1
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-1 04:54
Since I have HERE installed on my Smartphone with Europe-wide offline-maps installed: is there any way to force DJI GO to use these maps when offline ?

very interested in the answer ,  also if owners are subscribed to google could they indeed get google maps in the same manner ??
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

No problem.
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-1 04:54

Sorry that's not available. The map in DJI GO app is not bound with external map app.
2017-3-1
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 19:14
Sorry that's not available. The map in DJI GO app is not bound with external map app.

So how does it work later on with CrystalSky ????? Will Crystal Sky provide download and storing worldwide offline-maps ????? When is CrystalSky about to arrive ???? I´m already tired of DJI GO crashes on my smartie ...................
2017-3-1
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-1 01:27

This is not very helpful, The Android Maps using 'Here' WILL NOT CACHE - however you could view the area beforehand and leave the app open I suppose.

Another way to have maps offline is to download maps from App start page - click menu top right. Note Android only.
However this is only a basic map not satellite, and the file sizes are quite large as you have to do complete countries.
2017-3-2
Use props
Wombasi
lvl.1
Italy

I visit China couples of time per year and planned to keep my mavic next time but i noted that on the list of coutries maps available china is not listed.
How to use offline maps in China?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-3-1 23:51
So how does it work later on with CrystalSky ????? Will Crystal Sky provide download and storing worldwide offline-maps ????? When is CrystalSky about to arrive ???? I´m already tired of DJI GO crashes on my smartie ...................

We don't have any information about CrystalSky currently.  Please keep an eye on our DJI websites.
Thank you for your understanding.
2017-3-2
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Austria

4wd Posted at 2017-3-2 02:09
This is not very helpful, The Android Maps using 'Here' WILL NOT CACHE - however you could view the area beforehand and leave the app open I suppose.

Another way to have maps offline is to download maps from App start page - click menu top right. Note Android only.

Dunno what You mean ? Download possible on Start Screen of DJI GO BEFORE connecting to MP or within DJI GO once connected to MP ? Didn´t see this neither on GO 3or 4 ................
2017-3-2
Use props
Wombasi
lvl.1
Italy

Wombasi Posted at 2017-3-2 03:04
I visit China couples of time per year and planned to keep my mavic next time but i noted that on the list of coutries maps available china is not listed.
How to use offline maps in China?

Anyone can help me on my request?
Thanks in advance
2017-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules