Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittently losing video signal...
12Next >
9410 50 2017-2-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

Had opened a thread earlier on about it, but can't find it anywhere.

so posting it again...

hi.

I've been flying my mavic quite a fair amount over the past week, and on  a very regular basis, the video stream just drop. The DJI app just  shows a black screen with the message disconnected at the top.

Then the app shows connection lost, return to home in xx seconds.

Yet, I can control the mavic just fine with the controller. Other than  not having video, everything is perfect from a controller point of view.

Still less than ideal as typically the video doesn't come back until I  turn off the remote and back on again, it has happened that even after  restarting the remote, and the remote showing connected, GPS and ready  to take off; yet the app shows nothing but a black screen.
Once I had to power cycle the mavic and the remote for the video to come back.

Today it has happened about 6 times out of 2 hours flight time...

The last time the mavic was in tracking mode, suddenly video disappeared  so the drone took off to reach 30m and flew back to where it first took  off.
I was skiing but it wasn't cold (was skiing in teeshirt)

It's very annoying.

Have you guys experimented this problem in the past? Is this a known issue or is my mavic faulty?

Update:
So it happened twice today again.

It lost video signals again.

When that happens, the two front mavic's LED (the bright red ones) just go off.

Simply killing the app and restarting it was enough to get back the  video. However for the LED to turn back on I had to power cycle the  mavic..

This time is was rather painful because I had lost line of sight with the drone and I had no idea where it was... took me a while to bring it back home.

Very weird

Thank you
2017-2-27
Use props
Acidsnow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

what phone or tablet are you using?
2017-2-27
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

Acidsnow Posted at 2017-2-27 10:11
what phone or tablet are you using?

iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1
2017-2-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have an iPhone 7 and have never had any issues.
Sync your flight records and delete/reinstall the GO4 app and see if it resolves it.
Also, watch this video on antenna orientation to make sure you have the antennas properly orientated.
If it still does this then try a different device, also clear the video cache in the app and make sure all other apps are closed.
And also, try in a large open area and if you still see video loss after trying everything then you may need to send it in for evaluation.

2017-2-27
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1 here as well and have never had this problem -- I am using Normal quality downlink video rather than HD-quality.
2017-2-27
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Captain
Flight distance : 21621841 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Mavic's radio system is the BEST of the DJI fleet - it outperforms the Inspire 2's radio as well so if you have an issue with drop outs either
1. You have a defective set up (lots of tips on how to diagnose this on this forum)
2. There is tremendous RF interference where you fly
2017-2-27
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
United Kingdom

Try using a different cable to connect your phone to the device. I also found that rebooting my galaxy s7 prior to every flight solves every issue during that flight.
2017-2-27
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

So let me clear some points:

1) where I'm using it right now, there's nothing around. There's no interference anywhere, I'm literally in the middle of nowhere... with line of sight that would be kilometres away (that if the mavic wasn't so small and my eyesight getting worse over time). It has now exhibited this problem is all the locations I've been using.
2) i have already reinstalled the DJI Pro app several times, that hasn't helped.
3) the communication between the drone and the controller appears perfect. I can perfectly control the mavic, only the video stream is lost
4) all lights on the mavic stop working when I lose the video link. I'm fairly certain that this has nothing to do with which phone I'm using and that reinstalling the DJI Go app will surely not help there!
5) I do not need to be far away from the mavic for the issue to occur. I've had it happening with the mavic being idling 5m from me!

Telling me that the radio link between the mavic and the remote is the best out there is less than constructive! If it was working okay I wouldn't be reporting this problem here!

I see that someone has reported a very similar issue today on this forum.

What I want to do is assess if my drone has a fault, and if it needs to be replaced. I've only had it for a couple of weeks.
2017-2-28
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-27 19:55
iPhone 7 with iOS 10.2.1 here as well and have never had this problem -- I am using Normal quality downlink video rather than HD-quality.

I'm using normal quality link too...
2017-2-28
Use props
VAS67
lvl.4
Flight distance : 265984 ft
United Kingdom

I have had this problem too with iPhone 7 and latest IOS.
My short term fix is to use the bottom USB port instead, it worked flawlessly for me connected this way.
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-2-28 11:15
I'm using normal quality link too...

I read on the forums about someone having a flaky cable causing this, might swap to another cable to eliminate that possibility. I keep meaning to see if I can get a backup for the RC cable to stash in my bag, seems a bit flimsy.

Also, are you using hardware decoding for video?

2017-2-28
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

So this is what happen again today.
The mavic was on the ground, less than 2 metres away from me.
I had just finished power cycling the remote and the DJI Go app (I had just reinstalled the app and it was the first launch)

The remote had connection, showing me ready to take off and with GPS signal.
Upon entering the app, it showed the screen saying that radio signal was good.

Yet, when I closed that summary screen, this is what I saw:

So no video, everything showing as NA, yet showing that it had a no good gps signal.
2017-2-28
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-2-28 11:36
I read on the forums about someone having a flaky cable causing this, might swap to another cable to eliminate that possibility. I keep meaning to see if I can get a backup for the RC cable to stash in my bag, seems a bit flimsy.

Also, are you using hardware decoding for video?

I'm using the application default. Not sure if that's with HW decoding or not, I would assume so
2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-2-28 12:39
I had just finished power cycling the remote and the DJI Go app (I had just reinstalled the app and it was the first launch)

If you power cycled the app and the RC/aircraft was it still showing the same?
2017-2-28
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
United States

That totally looks like your cable died or the side port conked-out. Try a different cable in both the side and bottom ports and see if the problem still presents.
2017-2-28
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-28 12:50
If you power cycled the app and the RC/aircraft was it still showing the same?

After a few power cycle of both the remote and the mavic, then the video feed will come out yes.

Most of the time it works just fine first go, it's a few minutes after than it stops working
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-1 12:29
After a few power cycle of both the remote and the mavic, then the video feed will come out yes.

Most of the time it works just fine first go, it's a few minutes after than it stops working

If it always works then stops after a few minutes, possibly something is heating up and shutting it off. I would contact support and sent it in for evaluation.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-3-2
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-2 07:36
If it always works then stops after a few minutes, possibly something is heating up and shutting it off. I would contact support and sent it in for evaluation.

I'm afraid it's something I have to do.. unfortunately, from reading about the service here I'm on for a very long wait, even with DJI care refresh.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-3 10:04
I'm afraid it's something I have to do.. unfortunately, from reading about the service here I'm on for a very long wait, even with DJI care refresh.

Here is the link to get started with the RMA process, repair times are usually 1-2 weeks after received.
2017-3-3
Use props
moof31
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2078563 ft
France

Hi,

I got exactly the same problem since i got my Mavic Pro !
But :
- since the beginning i change twice my iPhone (iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus then damaged and got now a new one iPhone 7 Plus), not a problem with the iPhone
- using only DJI Go 4
- the trick use was to disconnect the USB cable located on the top left on the remote, and got back the video stream with telemetry but the problem come back later quickly

Last time i lunch first the DJI Go app on the iPhone before to power on the remote and the problem was not there anymore !!! I don't know if it was a coincidence but it seems to be working like this !
Didn't fly again since but keep you updated on my next flights series...
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

moof31 Posted at 2017-3-3 11:39
Hi,

I got exactly the same problem since i got my Mavic Pro !

I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have never had any issues at all.
2017-3-3
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:49
I have an iPhone 7 Plus and have never had any issues at all.

I'm afraid that it always worked fine for you means very little for others
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-5 10:32
I'm afraid that it always worked fine for you means very little for others

If you have an iPhone7 and not running any other apps and making sure the side port is unplugged from the RC if you are using the bottom USB port or using the side port and nothing plugged into the bottom and both ends are firmly seated into the RC and phone then there's no reason why it should not work.
2017-3-6
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 07:49
If you have an iPhone7 and not running any other apps and making sure the side port is unplugged from the RC if you are using the bottom USB port or using the side port and nothing plugged into the bottom and both ends are firmly seated into the RC and phone then there's no reason why it should not work.

And yet it doesn't...

If everything was always perfect, then we wouldn't need this forum nor DJI Refesh insurance plan.

We wouldn't need DJI after care service either...

And yet....
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-6 08:15
And yet it doesn't...

If everything was always perfect, then we wouldn't need this forum nor DJI Refesh insurance plan.

What is the email for your GO app account and I will review the flights you said you have issues with.You said it works perfectly when using the bottom USB port and you have no issues. You have to have the cable on the side unplugged from the RC when using the bottom USB port.
So that would means when you are using the side cable that it's not firmly seated into your phone or the RC. Or if both ends are firmly seated then the cable is lickly the cause. If you call 818-235-0789 they can replace the cable.
2017-3-6
Use props
jyavenard
lvl.1

France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 08:20
What is the email for your GO app account and I will review the flights you said you have issues with.You said it works perfectly when using the bottom USB port and you have no issues. You have to have the cable on the side unplugged from the RC when using the bottom USB port.
So that would means when you are using the side cable that it's not firmly seated into your phone or the RC. Or if both ends are firmly seated then the cable is lickly the cause. If you call 818-235-0789 they can replace the cable.

you must confuse me with someone else.

I never said it worked with the bottom USB, I've never used the bottom USB port.

I use the side port, with the provided cable.
I've checked several time that the cable was properly plugged, and that the phone was properly connected too.. it never made a difference.

It has happened much more often when the air was cool (e.g. 2 to 4 degres C).

I'll PM you my email address.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-6 09:02

I never said it worked with the bottom USB, I've never used the bottom USB port.

I thought you had used the bottom port, my bad.
Try the bottom and if it work just fine then its the side cable or slim chance the side port.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jyavenard Posted at 2017-3-6 09:02

I'm reviewing your flight right now and will respond to your PM.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans18d204c5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2949393 ft
  • >>>
United States

I', having the exact same issue and I'm using a Nexus 6P. running Android 7.1.1.  i was flying for around 1 hour yesterday and the video stopped on me three time. Once the screen wen't black, the other tow times the screen froze. i had to use the controller and the RTH feature to get the aircraft back.
2017-3-6
Use props
Sidonsoft
Flight distance : 514039 ft
Australia

I have same issue, DJI Go and DJI GO 4, iPad Mini, iPhone 6 Plus and Android Marshmellow device, all same.  Doesn't matter side or bottom usb.  Doesn't matter if I am in my home, in the park or in the middle of nowhere.  I have tried disabling cache, reinstalling, rebooting, upgrade/downgrade firmwares.
2017-3-9
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I'm having the same issue with a Samsung S7.  The video starts glitching and fineally drops and eventually the app closes itself and I have to restart the app.  Did this 4 times during 1 flight.  I flew back, shut all devices off, changed battery, rebooted phone.  Started up everytihing again and standing 4 ft. from the Mavic, video started glitching and the app crashed.  I will try the bottom USB port and report back.
2017-3-9
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup same issue here, Samsung S7

Mavic worked perfectly since launch for me, I updated the firmware this morning, took it to fly in the afternoon.

Twice in one flight the video signal dropped out, Mavic remained in control, just no video feed (frozen pic: No Signal)
I landed it the first time it happened, turned off remote, Mavic, restarted app. flew again, same thing happened a few minutes later.

Looks like a bad firmware to me, not hardware
2017-3-9
Use props
moof31
lvl.4
France

Does someone solve this problem ? I order a new cable on DJI Store, still waiting to receive it and impatient to test it !
2017-3-9
Use props
Sidonsoft
Flight distance : 514039 ft
Australia

moof31 Posted at 2017-3-9 21:37
Does someone solve this problem ? I order a new cable on DJI Store, still waiting to receive it and impatient to test it !

it is not the cable, I have tried all 3 cables provided with the mavic, and a half dozen other cables, 3 lightning cables, and three or four different micro usb including the included cable.
2017-3-9
Use props
moof31
lvl.4
France

How did you solve your problem ?
2017-3-10
Use props
appel1978
lvl.1

United States

dont know if im having the exact issue. but i had a small crash yesterday and now its pixelizing during stream to phone every once in a while. sometimes its only half the screen that is pixelized but play back on sd card from mavic shows perfect video
2017-3-10
Use props
fans6cac74af
New
Belgium

Hi,

I have the exact same problem ! It happens quite often. The other problem is that I can't "afford" to wait for DJI Care refresh to repair (or make it work perfectly) since I'm using it for work. So I need to find a solution as well.

Hopefully it will be fixed by further updates.
2017-7-20
Use props
Madeinoz
New
Australia

Hi All,

I would love to know if theres been any further updates on this?

I had my maiden flight yesterday with my brand new Mavic Pro and this happened to me continuously over 3 batteries in beginner mode so I was no more than 30m away from the mavic at any time.

I was using iPhone 6.  

It's not just vision thats affected but all telemetry also, i.e. you can access any of the mavic data such as batteries etc, the remote control is fine and still have full functionality of features from the remote.    I was flying at a park on a foreshore in the city so I thought it might be interference, however the the RF interference was very minimal when I did have a connection (as per app) and I had also manually set the bandwidth to 10M bandwidth, no difference

I found if I exited the app (close the running app properly by double tapping on the home button and swiping the app away) and then re-opened the app I would get vision back for a short time until it happened again.

I'm going to try again today at a completely different location with my iPad to see if there is a difference,

BTW I'm running the latest firmware and app versions as of 7th September 2017

Regards,

Stephen
2017-9-6
Use props
Madeinoz
New
Australia

Madeinoz Posted at 2017-9-6 19:16
Hi All,

I would love to know if theres been any further updates on this?

update too this,

I tested today with my iPad and second data port and no problems at all, not one drop out at all, so will try again probably tomorrow at the current location with my phone and see if I experience the same problem as yesterday.
2017-9-6
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was at Centralia PA flying (has underground mine fires and graphiti highway) the noise floor was flat and green as it gets on occusync, my settings for occusync is "normal" mode' auto with 20Mhz bias, I can't change unless I go custom Settings.  And my signal loss was intense, but was a lot of greenery and clouds where stupid low, 75 feet AGL.  I tried several different methods to regain signal lock and found d best solution was standing on top of my car with one antenna flat down and other straight up, even then my range was seriously problematic.. 2,200 feet over graphitti highway.. and 3,500 feet out if I followed the road and then tracked sideways.   

Few things I noticed..  about how my occusync can reacted to the environment which was flat lined for no interference..  I expect no real solutions, this is com observations...  (and my 128gb Samsung card got corrupted or died that I’m using)

Occusync  has full signal lock but massively decayed suddenly once it was matching the top of the tree lines, drops from 5 bars to 1 bar instantly, in as few as 150 feet. Flying in the trees lines like 25 feet off the ground was suicide specially with all the teenagers sneaking around on the off limits areas.. a few wanted to knock it out of the sky as it was.

Failing to get occusync to fully lock downlink signal back to my iPad/RC aiming the flat edge of my antennas where the drone generally is, I found if I pulled one antenna down and kept one up signal jump massively back up then dropped back off again.. but much slower

Flying in the clouds only negatively impacted my downlink signal, my uplink signal (controller to Mavic) was 5/5 my downlink was 1/5  it was quite a sharp jump when it happens.  Very interesting, must been a different signal used on downlink?

None of those effects I could reproduce in the next few towns.  Even flying below my altitudes and out of line of sight where signal would been forced to “curve” my occusync keeps its lock tight and 3/5 on both sometimes 2/5 but never drops off so harshly and never at any point I lose signal like I would in short distances around centeralia..  

Finally.. centeralia is very safe to visit, may not be very safe to build on or anything, but to explore I saw no smoke, no collappased areas, just empty streets and a lot of drunk teenagers boozing up and making out and exploring and spraying the roads up.. not safest place for drone however, but I do encourage people willing to explore centeralia to not be afraid, the police that did stop only wanted to know what drone I was flying and he wanted my blessing on it because he was wanting to get one.  
2017-9-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules