Failed GPS in case of specified gimbal use.
987 3 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tobimaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1253701 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Hello

I was flying Inspire1 with X5R.Suddenly lost all GPS,when raise the landing gear.GPS condition is very good,before takeoff.There is no problem if we do not raise the gear.
M600 and Phantom4 is no problem in same field.

Then change to another X5R gimbal,and no change Inspire1.This case is no problem.
But change to another Inspire1,and no change gimbal.In this case the same problem occurred.

Failed GPS in case of specified gimbal use.
We have problems both in the latest firmware and old firm.

Cause of this problem in Gimbal?Is there anyone in trouble with the same problem?

Regards.

2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Just wondering why you thought changing the gimbal would effect  the loss of the GPS signal .  

If raising the gear causes a loss of GPS , I would be looking for a broken or loose wire going to the GPS, I think the gps module  is on the very top of the aircraft fuselage , follow  this wire to the Main controller , look for it being pinched or pulled out of the port. If you have the battery removed you can see part of this wire from the very top of the fuselage, follow it down and it goes next to the boom, it is encased in plastic sheathing but may have become pinched.  This would where I would look for sure, if the problem only occurs when raisng the gear .  

I can't see how the gimbal has anything to do with the GPS problem (BUT I could not be aware of something that you are )
Are you saying 2 DIFFERENT  Inspires are doing the same thing if you have One particular gimbal on it ?????  have you done several test to confirm this , I would find this very odd  if this is indeed the case .

***Are you sure you mean the GPS signal, as in the satellite signal  the go app ?  If so are you loosing a few or when you retract the gear you loose ALL GPS data and goes to 0 satellites.

donnie

2017-2-28
Use props
Tobimaru
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1253701 ft
  • >>>
Japan

Thank you for reply.

Yes I understand.If raising the gear causes a loss of GPS , we should  looking for a broken or loose wire.
I thought no relation about landing gear between GPS.
I think very odd too.It seems to be bad magic.

We have 6 Inspire1s and 6 X5Rs.Ther is only one troubled gimbal.We did test and test to investigate the cause.
So all Inspires lost GPS signals when up the gear while mounting troubled gimbal.
It was stable  if mounting normal gimbals or removed SSD.
I think there is a problem around the SSD of a particular gimbal.

I was unlucky.
I will contact dealer,It may be returned or exchanged.
But I can't believe this matter.
2017-2-28
Use props
fansa76e6f60
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24265 ft
Germany

Hawe same problem, with gimbal. when gimbal attached on inspire in take poor gps signal and 6 satelites, when i remove gimbal i hawe 16 satelites and excellent signal, where problem? im use x3 camera
2017-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules