Help me verify my Osmo Battery Extender is faulty.
916 9 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ronyronron
lvl.1
Australia

Hi there,

I am a recent Osmo+ owner and have just received my Battery Extender (DJI Part 49) and 2pin adapter cable (DJI Part 50). I've plugged everything in and connected it to a Phantom3 battery (that is fully charged) however my OSMO+ does not turn on.

Using a multimeter I can see there is voltage across the Phantom3 battery, however when plugged into the Battery Extender there is no voltage across the Battery Extender terminals (outside terminals). As further assurance, if I measure the voltage across the OSMO+ battery there is a voltage and of course the OSMO+ powers on correctly when inserted. Does this indicate that the Battery Extender is faulty?

I'm trying to definitely make certain it is the Battery Extender as the company dealing with the RMA says they will charge me a fee if they find that the Battery Extender is working correctly!

Is there anyone with a battery extender that could confirm they get a voltage reading across the Battery Extender terminals?

Cheers,
Ron.
2017-2-28
Use props
ronyronron
lvl.1
Australia

Surely someone with the battery extender has a multi-meter also and this would be a quick test...?

2017-3-1
Use props
Sarmat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483094 ft
Russia

May try to turn the battery P3P ???
2017-3-1
Use props
ronyronron
lvl.1
Australia

Sarmat Posted at 2017-3-1 04:13
May try to turn the battery P3P ???

Sorry can you rephrase?
2017-3-1
Use props
Sarmat
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483094 ft
Russia

include the battery... on/off - on
2017-3-2
Use props
ronyronron
lvl.1
Australia

yes the battery was on
2017-3-2
Use props
Presto
lvl.2
Canada

I have the extender and just by your meter readings alone I would say you have a faulty battery extender/cable. If you have no power at the extenders brass terminals something is shorted somewhere.
2017-3-2
Use props
ROGAT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62064 ft
Australia

Ron this is an ongoing problem with the extender there have been reports of faulty units since the unit came out, one would of hoped that DJI had rectified the situation by now but obviously not, they seriously need to address their quality control issues !
2017-3-3
Use props
ronyronron
lvl.1
Australia

Ok thanks guys, I've put it in for RMA, I know they're not that expensive but the time and process is a pain, thanks for the replies!

Cheers,
Ron.
2017-3-7
Use props
albert.santos83
New

United States

Did you ever get the set up to work. I recently purchased an osmo+ and tried to use the external battery extender with the 2 pin power cord and the 10 pin-a power cord connected to their proper batteries (phantom 3 battery and phantom 4 battery respectively). Neither worked.

I did connect the external battery extender to the phantom 4 battery charger because the charger also has a DC connection that can connect to the osmo external battery extender and that actually powered on the osmo+.
2017-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules