4492 20 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KNOTENOUGH
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142687 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any News out there for Thermal cameras for I2 ?
RD.

2017-2-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

At the moment, we don't have any informaion on one. Thermal cameras are primarily for industrial use and the I2 is a cinematography platform. It's very likely that one won't be made available, since DJI came out with the M200, that would be better suited for that kind of work. The M200, can use the current XT camera that DJI provides.
2017-3-1
Use props
KNOTENOUGH
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

That's upsetting, I would like to use it in multi - function capabilities. The Inspire 1 has the capability.
2017-3-16
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

i am sure it will come in due time
2017-3-16
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

looks like I will have to keep both of my Inspire 1's as back up to my I2
2017-3-16
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sounds like a canned response ...
2017-3-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-1 11:18
At the moment, we don't have any informaion on one. Thermal cameras are primarily for industrial use and the I2 is a cinematography platform. It's very likely that one won't be made available, since DJI came out with the M200, that would be better suited for that kind of work. The M200, can use the current XT camera that DJI provides.

All due respect, I do not understand such a statement. Does the DJI website states "The I2 is strictly a cinematography platform, no FLIR is forthcoming." or the "I 1PRO is both a cinematography platform and useable as a SAR platform with the FLIR  XT." Common sense would make an I1 PRO owner using an XT logically assume the I2 would also handle the XT.
2017-3-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-16 09:02
looks like I will have to keep both of my Inspire 1's as back up to my I2

Heard the X5 will not interface with the I2. True?
2017-3-21
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

There are some adapters being released with the X200 range which may fix the interface issue but the codex may not be released to the I2 platform.
2017-3-21
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-21 21:04

I have  an Inspire 2 with X5S and also have 2 Inspire 1's with X5 I will use the X5 with the old Osmo until DJI get their as in gear and release the "mount3" that takes the X5S.... Then I have a dilemma!!
2017-3-22
Use props
JonCahillPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15256 ft
United States

With the Matrice 200 coming out, I am not holding my breath on the XT being usable on the I2 with DJI's native support. I am sure someone can hack it, not sure why other than "because".
Especially when you factor in the Film industry that the I2 was more tailored for and that the M200 has dual optics. Those dual optics would make for a great FPV for the pilot and an IR-FPV for the gimbal operator.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-21 21:02
All due respect, I do not understand such a statement. Does the DJI website states "The I2 is strictly a cinematography platform, no FLIR is forthcoming." or the "I 1PRO is both a cinematography platform and useable as a SAR platform with the FLIR  XT." Common sense would make an I1 PRO owner using an XT logically assume the I2 would also handle the XT.

The Inspire 1 series was given the option to be used for SAR, although it was not the series' primary function. Ultimately, the separation between cinematography and industrial use is the route that DJI decided to go with at this time.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-21 21:04

Yes, the X5 and X5R are not compatible with the I2. The only compatible cameras for the I2 are the X5S and the X4S.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-21 22:30
There are some adapters being released with the X200 range which may fix the interface issue but the codex may not be released to the I2 platform.

That would be pretty sound logic. Even if you changed out the gimbal mount on the AC side, firmware would most likely keep it from ultimately working.
2017-3-22
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-22 13:47
The Inspire 1 series was given the option to be used for SAR, although it was not the series' primary function. Ultimately, the separation between cinematography and industrial use is the route that DJI decided to go with at this time.

No offense but  DJI needs to do a better job of informing customers with new products, such as:

"The I2 is strictly a cinematography platform, no FLIR capability is forthcoming in the immediate future and none of the previous sensors will integrate at the current time."  
2017-3-22
Use props
gmanthegman
lvl.2
United States

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-22 15:18
No offense but  DJI needs to do a better job of informing customers with new products, such as:

"The I2 is strictly a cinematography platform, no FLIR capability is forthcoming in the immediate future and none of the previous sensors will integrate at the current time."

I totally agree.

If DJI thinks that it's not good to put a thermal camera on Inspire 2, then why an industrial drone needs a pro-video equipment such as X5S with m4/3 interchangeable lens system?

I mean c'mon, why are you paying more than 8000$ for an Inspire 2 package and NOT having a feature that was used on a older/cheaper version?

2017-3-25
Use props
Drone Up
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093333 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-22 15:18

Same problem overhere. If that's the strategy of DJI, there's nothing we can do about it, buttttt I'm agree with the point that DJi have a responsibility of informing potential customers before spending thousands of Euro's to get an Inspire 2.
I bought the I2 with X5S and in the back of my head, the fact that in the near future DJI would make a thermal camera or zoom like the Z3 or Z30 or any other camera than just the X4S or X5S.
On the website there's no statement that the I2 is just filming or photograpic purposes. So come on DJI show your responsibility and be clear about the strategy of DJI before people are buying an I2.
I'm happy with the product but dissapointed about the news that there will be no thermal or zoomcamera will be for sale in the future. How hard can it be for a brand like DJI to make such a camera to make it fit on a I2.....?!
2017-3-25
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

If you really must have an FLIR on the I2 there are options you can buy to achieve this.

This is an OEM with a working solution but it only uses the I2 as the carrier and the FLIR is just a payload.

http://dronexpert.nl/product/3-i ... uickrelease-system/

2017-3-25
Use props
KNOTENOUGH
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Correct the Inspire 2 should be able to handle any application and be able to have the same ability and more then the Inspire 1!!
2017-3-26
Use props
Drone Up
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2093333 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-3-25 19:14
If you really must have an FLIR on the I2 there are options you can buy to achieve this.

This is an OEM with a working solution but it only uses the I2 as the carrier and the FLIR is just a payload.

Thanks Jon,

it's not totally what I had in mind, but I will contact them and maybe they have a solution.....
2017-3-31
Use props
danasat
New

China

If you are interested in thermal imaging camera, you can try SAT camera by email sat@sat.com.cn or visit www.sat.com.cn
2017-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules