Recentering is off slightly
649 2 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sixtywatt
New

United States

My office purchased an Osmo+ recently, and began using it with students. We liked the fact that it was relatively inexpensive and a novice could take it out and get smooth, 4K footage. So, we bought another to give us even more flexibility. The second one is just a little bit off though. When you double-click the trigger, it recenters... but the recenter is about 2 degrees off-center. I have updated all the firmware as of March 1, 2017. Again, the first one we have recenters perfectly, but this one is just slightly off. Is there any way to fix this? Or should I return it to B&H?
Here is a video comparing the two.

2017-3-1
Use props
sixtywatt
New

United States

So, a quick update on my issue, should you have a similar one. After contacting DJI via online chat, they walked me through a few steps. First, they had me switch the gimbal from one stick to another. I was in the unique position to be able to do this, and as I expected, the problem persisted. They then had me calibrate the gimbal again. Of course the problem persisted. Then they told me it would have to be sent in for servicing. I asked whether there would be a cost associated with fixing this Osmo+ that had exited the box like this, and they told me that "The repair cost will be determined by our repair team." Completely unacceptable for a brand-new unit. Rather insane.
2017-3-2
Use props
fansd449dafc
lvl.1

United States

I seem to have the same recenter issue.
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules