Customer Service
696 3 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
penaltybox
lvl.1

United States

There is an amazing opportunity for DJI Customer Service to step up and ring the bell and show me what great customer service is.
I spent almost 4,000.00 on a new product and it broke while performing a simple firmware upgrade. Unnacceptable.

We recently bought an Osmo Raw with X5 package from a local retailer as we needed it immdeiately for an upcoming production, they had one in stock and after checking B&H and others and seeing that they were on back order we decided to make the purchase and have it in our posession for the upcoming shoot. We arrived on location and started familiarizing ourselves with the Osmo Raw. After shooting for a day with great results we started fine tuning the unit. One of those fine tuning adjustments was to update the firmware. That was a bad idea.

After researching the process we downloaded the zipfile and extracted the bin file and put it in the root directory of the SD card. We added the card to the osmo, powered it up and thats when we were left in the cold. The Osmo crashed and burned at that moment. We retired, we retried once again. We tried to format the card from the DJI GO App thinking we could try one more time and it failed ( timed out). Nothing but a solid yellow light on the Left LED. Kerpt waiting for the blinking red and green light. Nothing.

Got into the forums to research any and all troubleshooting options, tried them all. Then I contacted Customer Service in the chat. The agent walked me through all of the processes I had already tried, but I patiently performed what was asked in hopes that the unit would come to life. It never did, the report log was never able to be sent as it was never written to the card. Card works on regular Osmo so we know its not the card. Literally tested and re-tested everything.

My customer service agent stated that they would initiate a repair ticket. I explained that anything possible to fast track would be greatly appreciated as we have already lost a day of shooting with this issue, and we had a rapidly approacing deadline. They indeed started the process , sent me the form and guidelines but I am extremely disappointed as I am losing money and the client is extremely angry.

Waiting for 2 days for shipment of the UPS return label is insane when you can print your own labels nowadays.  Then I have to send the unit back to DJI. I'm guessing this whole process will take 4-5 days. Then they will test the unit and find out that its bad. Then send us another unit. I'm estimating that this process will take another 3-4 days maybe longer if it lands on a weekend.

So we spent about 4k on a brand new unit, it crashed on a simple routine firmware upgrade, and we are out about a week and a half. Waiting, losing money.

DJI you now have an ideal opportunity to do the right thing and send us a new unit asap and leave us amazed at the excellent customer service.

Please hook us up.

pcc

2017-3-1
Use props
penaltybox
lvl.1

United States

Case # CAS-481208-T1M1Q1 
2017-3-1
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

I would love nothing more than to hear that they took good care of you, shipped a replacement right away etc, but that would be a first.  Maybe the DJI drones are suitable for professional work but the Osmo in all its flavors, even the "Pro" model, seems just too unreliable for professional work.
2017-3-2
Use props
penaltybox
lvl.1

United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-3-2 14:56
I would love nothing more than to hear that they took good care of you, shipped a replacement right away etc, but that would be a first.  Maybe the DJI drones are suitable for professional work but the Osmo in all its flavors, even the "Pro" model, seems just too unreliable for professional work.

i knew it was a longshot, figured the squeaky wheel gets the grease...but no. The unit has been delivered now it awaits a checkout by a tech to confirm that it indeed sh@t the bed after attempting a firmware update. The days of the " customer is always right" is long gone.
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules