Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Backpack to serve my purpose
1590 19 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

At Last i have found a very well priced backpack that serves my needs superbly,  i wanted a backpack that i could carry the mavic UNFOLDED,  with the tx protected, 3 batts, charger, and my fold up landing pad, cables paperwork in the lid  and this does it ! very well too, i did have to trim a few bits, but just to make it easier,  so a finger slot to get around the mavic to get it out, and the batteries, i made one hole a little deeper so that i could store a full spare set of props too, i used my own HoverspeedRC pack before this,  but that is aimed at carrying 3 or 4 race quads, so was a little oversized for this task. this is on on Ebay UK at around £18   
eBay item number:     

Mavic back pack 1a.png

2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

What about the top cover doest it have a padding to protect the MP when you close the lid?
2017-3-1
Use props
Peut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761181 ft
Netherlands

I guess the landing pad fits in the top pocket, with functions as a kind of padding.
2017-3-1
Use props
Quadcoptercrazy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1013038 ft
United States

I just throw mine in a columbia sportswear backpack with some protective foam on the bottom for protection and call it a day.
2017-3-1
Use props
freddyms
lvl.3
United States

not bad idea, but looks like a waste of space. it is meant to be folded and take up no room. you could use a way smaller bag.
2017-3-1
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-3-1 07:34
What about the top cover doest it have a padding to protect the MP when you close the lid?

Top cover does have its own padding.
2017-3-1
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

freddyms Posted at 2017-3-1 11:13
not bad idea, but looks like a waste of space. it is meant to be folded and take up no room. you could use a way smaller bag.

i wanted this bag in this layout, i do have the combo bag from DJI which i might use for carrying onto planes or extreme long hikes,   but i never fold my mavic as i am concerned about the wiring going through the arms breaking.
2017-3-1
Use props
dronist
Captain
  • >>>
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-1 12:14
i wanted this bag in this layout, i do have the combo bag from DJI which i might use for carrying onto planes or extreme long hikes,   but i never fold my mavic as i am concerned about the wiring going through the arms breaking.

As long as you treat folding the arms as delicate piece of A... Then you should be OK.

I hold each arm firmly and move it thru the motion all the way to the end. I don't let it spring back by itself.
2017-3-1
Use props
daivatam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 473389 ft
Romania

Myself searched for a backpack for the drone with arms unfolded...I looked at this one but It seems to big...could you please post some photo with reference objects close...like original bag or better with the backpack in hand and  cariing on the back? Tx!
2017-3-1
Use props
freddyms
lvl.3
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-1 12:14

I would think you have a better chance in crashing then wiring going bad from slight movement across the airframe. there is a protective sleeve over the wires. just look at that. if it gets worn, i'm sure dji will fix it for free. ha
2017-3-2
Use props
b0n3
First Officer
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

As for me, It doesn't make sense to buy a small and portable drone and carry it in a such huge Backpack.
If you able to carry this bagpack then you able to carry a Phantom 4 Pro and then I don't understand why did you buy Mavic instead of P4P.
2017-3-2
Use props
garnets88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286611 ft
United States

b0n3 Posted at 2017-3-2 05:12
As for me, It doesn't make sense to buy a small and portable drone and carry it in a such huge Backpack.
If you able to carry this bagpack then you able to carry a Phantom 4 Pro and then I don't understand why did you buy Mavic instead of P4P.

Absolutely agree with you. that backpack makes no sense
2017-3-2
Use props
garnets88
lvl.1
United States

I have a Manfrotto Advanced Active Backpack II.
I can carry my camera and mavic along with laptop and other gadgets. Very useful when traveling.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12215496 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVA-Hard ... :g:e2EAAOSw3v5Yt5Xy
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

i do virtually agree with everything you guys say,  other than DJI will repair it if it breaks,  LOL,  the mavic i saw with damaged wires wasnt that easy to spot, other than when flying it had intermittent esc errors,  one flight ok, then another flight esc error in flight,  then a crash,  luckily the owners craft fell upside down into some very soft tall grass.  when we inspected the craft the sheath was still perfectly intact and all good,  but on really close inspection you could just make out a wire twisted/kinked inside the sheath,  with props off and powered up we could get the fault to show when pressing the sheath lightly,   so after that,  i only fold mine up if i have to do IMU calibrations, or when travel really light, then i can use my fly more case. and TBH a Phantom 4 may have been a better choice, but i needed something small with very little presence
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

garnets88 Posted at 2017-3-2 06:36
Absolutely agree with you. that backpack makes no sense

not sure why you would say it makes no sense?   this bag is only 12inchs x 15inchs so would be smaller than your Manfrotto and one fifth of the price.  and holds the mavic and each component perfectly safely inside,  with nothing touching together.
2017-3-2
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

I actually got this a while back. But it comes with a battery that you can change. And if my laptop. I'm using a Mavic by the way.
https://www.amazon.com/TYLT-BPBL ... ds=backpack+charger

2017-3-2
Use props
garnets88
lvl.1
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-2 08:15
not sure why you would say it makes no sense?   this bag is only 12inchs x 15inchs so would be smaller than your Manfrotto and one fifth of the price.  and holds the mavic and each component perfectly safely inside,  with nothing touching together.

Its just for me. Sorry. What ever works for you individually
My manfrotto is not just for the mavic. So its more functional for me as I carry my camera with me when I travel.
2017-3-2
Use props
Haneyca
Second Officer
United States

I got the GoPro book bag with some Best Buy points I had been saving up. It is expensive but it is by far the best bag for caring my Mavic, GoPro cameras, and their accessories. Not to mention it is extremely comfortable. As an added bonus, all of the pockets are well laid out making it easy to stay organized.
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
Second Officer
United Kingdom

garnets88 Posted at 2017-3-2 11:30
Its just for me. Sorry. What ever works for you individually
My manfrotto is not just for the mavic. So its more functional for me as I carry my camera with me when I travel.

Ah Yes,  i can see that it works for your situation,  one thing is for sure,  that when you have something that does what you want it too, it  really can make a difference to your day !  just goes to show how different we all are !   great !
2017-3-3
Use props
Mikkovtun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5247953 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Маленький птах у великій клітці. Такого розміру сумки у Фантомів, мені здається, що цей малий займе багато місця в багажнику мого авто
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules