Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Osmo Moblie not charging - no lights, plugged in for hours
2353 7 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WOTS
New
Canada

Hi,

I just purchased a Osmo Mobile, read the instructions, then procceded to charge it all day without anything happening.

I have:
- Removed the clear plastic cover on the battery, and inserted the battery into the osmo
- Plugged the headphone jack side of the supplied charging cable into the osmo
- Plugged the USB side of the supplied charging cable into my macbook air USB port
- Left it plugged in all day (6+ hours)

So far no lights blink on the osmo indicating that it is charging and it wont power on.

Please help!

Thanks,
WOTS
2017-3-1
Use props
RWhis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29334 ft
United States

If you have a 2 amp charger (such as for the iPad) I would try using that instead of the computer usb port.
2017-3-1
Use props
WOTS
New
Canada

RWhis Posted at 2017-3-1 11:16
If you have a 2 amp charger (such as for the iPad) I would try using that instead of the computer usb port.

Thanks! That seems to have sorted it out..

Are you sure this is safe for the OSMO?

Also, how come it doesn't charge with the computer?

2017-3-1
Use props
RWhis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29334 ft
United States

Not all USB ports are the same. Some allow you to charge devices, others are just for reading input into a computer from a device hooked to it.  Glad it worked out for you. My problem when I first got my Osmo was that I failed to notice the small plastic cover on the battery. Wasted a few hours until I figured that one out.
2017-3-1
Use props
Anand_C
New
India

Hey guys I am facing the same problem.

I guess I'm using the 2amp charger but I still don't see any lights.

I just received my DJI Osmo Mobile. Looks like a tough start here.

Can anyone help me out?

This is the charger I'm using. I also tried my iPhone 7 Plus charger, MacBook Air USB Port & Apple Watch Charger but nothing works.
2017-6-20
Use props
Anand_C
New
India

Ok it started working when I pushed the Battery inside.

Strange but it was done neatly properly and then to make it work I had to give effort to place the battery.

Anyways, Thanks!
2017-6-20
Use props
fansa7e391a5
New
United States

Anand_C Posted at 2017-6-20 06:16
Hey guys I am facing the same problem.

I guess I'm using the 2amp charger but I still don't see any lights.

Mine died after a few months, but of course I did not get around to spending time to contact customer service but since it is now past 6 months (length of Battery warranty) my only option is to buy a new battery -- but how long will that one last. Anyone want to but a slightly use OSMO Mobile, lol
2017-7-31
Use props
Leoanaya
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4665 ft
Mexico

Having the same problem, not working doing anything you’d explained. What can I do?
2017-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules