Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Matrice 600 - scheduled maintenance
5613 30 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hello everyone,
I took advantage of the maintenance tasks, I have perform that week on the M600, to make a video and share it.
Hoping that it could help.
(there is as well the replacement of the landing gear calble at the end)

This should be very similar for the Matrice 600 pro.
Have a good day,
Stéphane
2017-3-2
Use props
ricci2
Captain
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

chefdesetoiles,
Thats a good video, thank you. Waiting for my landing cable to arrive.

ricci
2017-3-2
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi Ricci and thank you for the positive feedback !
This new cable remains a mystery for me, it doesn't looks like a noise filter ferrite core.
It works well in the two direction. The plate is very thin.
At one time I believe it was an anti crushing part in order to avoid the cable deterioration (where it is exposed to sharp edge) but the position of the plate doesn't correspond.

Stéphane
2017-3-2
Use props
3x3q
lvl.3
Flight distance : 815666 ft
United States

Great video! Thank you
2017-3-2
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi 3x3q and thank you for the comment,
Stéphane
2017-3-4
Use props
fansaddbd8f0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6663 ft
Canada

What is the "arm inclination holder" (a jig ?) and where could I purchase one?  Thank you
2017-3-8
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

fansaddbd8f0 Posted at 2017-3-8 14:19
What is the "arm inclination holder" (a jig ?) and where could I purchase one?  Thank you

Hi,
I just bought one from the Dji store under the M600 accessories. It's a way to set the negative X axis as you look at the motor arm through the centre of the tube. It counters the rotational torque vector when power is applied.

ricci
2017-3-8
Use props
fansaddbd8f0
lvl.4
Canada

ricci2 Posted at 2017-3-8 15:38
Hi,
I just bought one from the Dji store under the M600 accessories. It's a way to set the negative X axis as you look at the motor arm through the centre of the tube. It counters the rotational torque vector when power is applied.

Thank you Ricci

Noel
2017-3-10
Use props
reednolan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 46102 ft
United States

First off thanks for posting the video. It made my maintenance check easy. When checking the alignment of the propellers; 2 are just under a centimeter off.  I checked the DJI store for the "Arm Inclination Holder" but all I found was the "Aircraft Arm Angle Calibrator," is that the same thing? I've searched through the M600 manual to see how to align the propellers with the arm inclination holder but nothing comes up. I'd appreciate a description on how to use the arm inclination holder or even better a video tutorial.  

Thanks for the help,

Reed
2017-3-11
Use props
Sestaceans
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey thanks for going out of your way and sharing this !!
2017-3-13
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

reednolan Posted at 2017-3-11 14:49
First off thanks for posting the video. It made my maintenance check easy. When checking the alignment of the propellers; 2 are just under a centimeter off.  I checked the DJI store for the "Arm Inclination Holder" but all I found was the "Aircraft Arm Angle Calibrator," is that the same thing? I've searched through the M600 manual to see how to align the propellers with the arm inclination holder but nothing comes up. I'd appreciate a description on how to use the arm inclination holder or even better a video tutorial.  

Thanks for the help,

Hi,
you will need to get a digital protractor so I found the Iphone compass angle app works well.
place the red adjuster under the motor mount, which gives you a flat surface to measure from,
place the angle finder (iPhone) on the bottom edge inline with the arm to get the inclination above the horizon, I think its 7º or 8º and then turn the angle finder 90º across the arm to get the torque angle 3º on the M600, remember CCW, is the opersit of the CW arm. I have not used the angle adaptor until now because the bottom of the motor housing is flat and you can get the alignment of the iPhone/ angle finder by eye. The adaptor is for 3º torque angle really as you can’t adjust the arm angle because the holes are pre-drilled.
Note: having the craft flat and stable and level will make a difference, so do that first, I used bits of cardboard to wedge the legs until horizontal in the z and Y axis first , still using the phone angle finder.

hope that helps

ricci
2017-3-13
Use props
fansaddbd8f0
lvl.4
Canada

reednolan Posted at 2017-3-11 14:49

Thanks for the help,

The motor inclination was not the issue for me.  I found the slight variations in the prop tips when comparing to an adjacent prop tip was with in the props.   When I look down the leading edge of each prop (including two new props)  some of them were not straight.  

I'm going to change over to the E2000 props. I can't find information on the difference between the M600 standard props compared to the E2000 props. I know the E2000 props are better built ,stiffer, lighter etc.

Regards,

Noel
2017-3-13
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

fansaddbd8f0 Posted at 2017-3-13 10:11
The motor inclination was not the issue for me.  I found the slight variations in the prop tips when comparing to an adjacent prop tip was with in the props.   When I look down the leading edge of each prop (including two new props)  some of them were not straight.  

I'm going to change over to the E2000 props. I can't find information on the difference between the M600 standard props compared to the E2000 props. I know the E2000 props are better built ,stiffer, lighter etc.

Greetings,
The Props are the same, both 2170, 58g, the 2195 are heaver 78g with a 9.5 pitch and a slight profile change.
The blade profiles are the same too. Looks like you had a duffest batch, can you send them back because the props will not take a set even if stored for months with a forced bend. The structure of the long strand material resembles cast Iron and you don’t bend cast iron you just break, it so it looks like it had a moulding issue.

ricci
2017-3-13
Use props
reednolan
lvl.1
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-3-13 06:13
Hi,
you will need to get a digital protractor so I found the Iphone compass angle app works well.
place the red adjuster under the motor mount, which gives you a flat surface to measure from,

Thanks for the reply. This forum has been quite helpful. I just did 2 flights with nothing strange happening (no restarting app for Matirce connection, no gimbal overload, no GCU problems, ect).
I'm still a bit uncertian on "Arm Inclination Holder;" how is it used and where is it found. As usual I appreciate the help.

Reed
2017-3-16
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

reednolan Posted at 2017-3-16 18:21
Thanks for the reply. This forum has been quite helpful. I just did 2 flights with nothing strange happening (no restarting app for Matirce connection, no gimbal overload, no GCU problems, ect).
I'm still a bit uncertian on "Arm Inclination Holder;" how is it used and where is it found. As usual I appreciate the help.

Heres the link to the angle gauge: http://store.dji.com/product/mat ... ibrator#/?_k=fue4sk
It fits under the motor housing; however you don’t really need it, just use your iPhone or android angle measuring device app directly on the bottom part of the motor housing perpendicular to the arm.
If people are interested I could make a short vid.

ricci
2017-3-17
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi Ricci2, thank you for the trick about the inclination measurement, I think I understand but a video would be very convenient as well.
have a good day
Stéphane
2017-3-17
Use props
reednolan
lvl.1
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-3-17 17:16
Heres the link to the angle gauge: http://store.dji.com/product/matrice-600-series-aircraft-arm-angle-calibrator#/?_k=fue4sk
It fits under the motor housing; however you don’t really need it, just use your iPhone or android angle measuring device app directly on the bottom part of the motor housing perpendicular to the arm.
If people are interested I could make a short vid.

I'd appreciate a video.

Thanks,

Reed
2017-3-18
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi,
I will make a vid on Sunday and post in the evening..

ricci

2017-3-18
Use props
LarLar
New

United States

Does anyone here know if the 180 watt Rapid Charger, can be used to charge the Matrice 600 batteries?

Thanks
2017-3-23
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi,
all the info is here

http://store.dji.com/product/ins ... aptor-with-ac-cable

ricci
2017-3-23
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi All,
The promised video on the arm calibration has taken me longer than expected due to my propensity for the artistic, it took 30 hours to render a 9, min video on a very rapid Mac Pro.
Just about to save it and upload later today, I will give it its own thread and add it to here also.

Ricci
2017-3-25
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

Hi,
here is the video.

ricci
2017-3-25
Use props
nil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1874137 ft
Denmark

LarLar Posted at 2017-3-23 12:34
Does anyone here know if the 180 watt Rapid Charger, can be used to charge the Matrice 600 batteries?

Thanks

The specs for the Matrice 600 batteries says you can charge it by 180W, so it should work. Or you can use your own setup with a different charger as I do, espescially if I need to discharge batteries faster than it can by itself or if I am not able to fly in order to discharge.
IMG_6521.jpg
2017-3-26
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Thank you for the video Ricci, that's an ingenious trick.
The M600 is amazing with this cartoon effect :-) Is it made in FinalCutPro ?
2017-3-27
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

chefdesetoiles Posted at 2017-3-27 04:17
Thank you for the video Ricci, that's an ingenious trick.
The M600 is amazing with this cartoon effect :-) Is it made in FinalCutPro ?

Hello Chefdesetoiles,
thank you, I did make this in FCPX and the render was 30 hours but worth the time, I really like this effect, and I think I might use it again.
What part of France are you flying in, I am near Toulouse.

ricci
2017-3-27
Use props
chefdesetoiles
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Hi Ricci, I am surprised by this huge render time ! I will test this FCPX effect on my computer, to see how much time does it takes.
I am located near Grenoble. Nice to meet you and pleased to be in contact with an other French M600 owner on that forum ;-)
2017-3-28
Use props
ricci2
Captain
  • >>>
France

chefdesetoiles Posted at 2017-3-28 07:18
Hi Ricci, I am surprised by this huge render time ! I will test this FCPX effect on my computer, to see how much time does it takes.
I am located near Grenoble. Nice to meet you and pleased to be in contact with an other French M600 owner on that forum ;-)

Nice to meet you too. You're not as surprised as I was with the render time! I thought I had a processor go down but all eight were at 90%. I did however render 4k with the effect. if I would of known the output looked like it did I would have lowered the res.
next time eh!!  

Ricci
2017-3-28
Use props
djiuser_fwawgAIt9CLE
New

Sweden

I have a M600 felling into the sea now it's still takes off but turns around itself, can you give me the solution. Please
2022-4-30
Use props
djiuser_fwawgAIt9CLE
New

Sweden

Thank you very much, it's a very good video.
    Thanks
2022-4-30
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

ricci2 Posted at 2017-3-25 16:03
Hi,
here is the video.
https://youtu.be/Flzx6Ri_WZs

I realize you posted this long ago but I still fly a Matrice 600 Pro and I do not think that the iPhone method is very accurate. Given the small angle we are looking for this would have to be measured at least to one  decimal accurate. Just one degree of accuracy as your phone gives you is almost 35% of the value you are seeking to get confirmed! And the wobbling makes the iPhone numbers shift wildly.

A laser for alingment would be helpful I guess, or why not to design a method based on a simple template that has the desired 3º angle somehow? I'll think about it.
2023-4-15
Use props
rogiervdheide
Second Officer
Liechtenstein

djiuser_fwawgAIt9CLE Posted at 2022-4-30 12:30
I have a M600 felling into the sea now it's still takes off but turns around itself, can you give me the solution. Please

propellers mounted on the correct arms, CW and CCW? All propellers undamaged, no cracks?
2023-4-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules