Gimbal Overload error - should I get DJI Care?
1675 26 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Okay so my mavic developed a gimbal motor overload fault after 17 calendar days from receiving the drone and apparently I'm not covered for a replacement unit since it's past 15 calendar days. I have to send it back for repairs. Not pilot error so it SHOULD technically be covered by warranty or should I buy the DJI Care to be safe? How does it work exactly?

Never crashed the drone (total flight time: 4hrs11mins ~ 18 flights), tried all the calibrations and I never flew with the clamp or the dome on. Was loving the drone until this happened.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
Please double check the gimbal that if you had removed all the sticker on the gimbal and if the gimbal is placed correctly.
2017-3-2
Use props
hiron81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1138 ft
Malaysia

Im also facing the problem since i unbox the drone, seem like a lot of user facing this problem for mavic too. now still waiting they to ship back my drone
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

hiron81 Posted at 2017-3-2 02:42
Im also facing the problem since i unbox the drone, seem like a lot of user facing this problem for mavic too. now still waiting they to ship back my drone

Same here, apparently there was a wrong gimbal batch or something like that cause I've heard of a few other people with the same problem. I noticed, they've also included 'gimbal overload' in the support page.
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 02:39
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
Please double check the gimbal that if you had removed all the sticker on the gimbal and if the gimbal is placed correctly.

Yes, firmware is up to date with the latest one.

I removed all the stickers straight away. Are there any guidelines about correct gimbal position as I'm 100% sure how it should but it looks alright to me. Might be wrong
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-2 02:45
Yes, firmware is up to date with the latest one.

I removed all the stickers straight away. Are there any guidelines about correct gimbal position as I'm 100% sure how it should but it looks alright to me. Might be wrong

Here is the video tutorial for your reference.
2017-3-2
Use props
hiron81
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1138 ft
Malaysia

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-2 02:42
Same here, apparently there was a wrong gimbal batch or something like that cause I've heard of a few other people with the same problem. I noticed, they've also included 'gimbal overload' in the support page.

So what you going to do now? have you email the support team already?
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

hiron81 Posted at 2017-3-2 03:07
So what you going to do now? have you email the support team already?

Waiting for their reply on where/how to send it back.
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 02:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

Yeah gimbal 'board' is placed proper above the three anti-drop hooks.

I don't know why it gave me no errors yesterday at home and I was able to calibrate it inside but I didn't fly inside then this morning I got the same error and I tried the same things again with no luck :s
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Dji just released a new firmware update with updated no fly zones and gimbal calibration apparently. I'll try that and see how it goes.
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Firmware updated but did not solve my issue. Only hope now is to send it back whenever I get a reply back from support.
2017-3-2
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-2 02:54
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8

Don't mean to be annoying but my Zendesk case is opened and I gave all the requested details this morning, do you know how long it will take roughly to get return instructions?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-2 07:37
Don't mean to be annoying but my Zendesk case is opened and I gave all the requested details this morning, do you know how long it will take roughly to get return instructions?

Sorry for the late reply.
Could you please provide me with the ticket number?
I'll help to push it for you.
2017-3-4
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-4 00:01
Sorry for the late reply.
Could you please provide me with the ticket number?
I'll help to push it for you.

No worries, I actually received a reply and sent the drone out just now. Will I get refunded for shipping costs if the problem is not my fault?
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-4 04:29
No worries, I actually received a reply and sent the drone out just now. Will I get refunded for shipping costs if the problem is not my fault?

Thank you for your update.
We will take care of the shipping cost for sending it back to you.
2017-3-5
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-5 22:23
Thank you for your update.
We will take care of the shipping cost for sending it back to you.

What about shipping costs to return it? I paid 60EUR via DHL.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-5 23:58
What about shipping costs to return it? I paid 60EUR via DHL.

You are responsible for shipping costs when sending product to us.
2017-3-6
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 18:06
You are responsible for shipping costs when sending product to us.

Mavic arrived back to DJI yesterday at 8:44am, however, I still haven't heard back from DJI. Can you kindly check it out?

http://www.dhl.com.mt/en/express ... 00893&brand=DHL
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-6 23:45
Mavic arrived back to DJI yesterday at 8:44am, however, I still haven't heard back from DJI. Can you kindly check it out?

http://www.dhl.com.mt/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=7656900893&brand=DHL

There might be little delay due to the backlog. It might takes 3-5 business days.
Please wait patiently.
2017-3-7
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 01:17
There might be little delay due to the backlog. It might takes 3-5 business days.
Please wait patiently.

Stuck on Conducting Damage Assessment - It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently - been 3 business days already since they marked it as received even though it was received 5 working days ago...
2017-3-10
Use props
fans16e39dfd
New
United States

My Mavic has the gimbal overload problem also. I have tried everything I can find on fixing this. Nothing seems to work. I bought the refresh with it. I guess I need to start the process of sending it back.
2017-3-11
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

fans16e39dfd Posted at 2017-3-11 10:55
My Mavic has the gimbal overload problem also. I have tried everything I can find on fixing this. Nothing seems to work. I bought the refresh with it. I guess I need to start the process of sending it back.

Indeed! You won't need refresh for that, mine is being repaired for free (don't have refresh) because it's a hardware fault (unless you crashed the mavic). You'll only have to pay for shipping which costed me 60EUR via DHL and make sure to pack only the drone, no batteries.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

travelrikk Posted at 2017-3-10 04:43
Stuck on Conducting Damage Assessment - It will take 1-2 working days to conduct damage assessment. Please wait patiently - been 3 business days already since they marked it as received even though it was received 5 working days ago...

I have checked your case and we have confirmed the payment on March 10th.  
The weekend might cause some delay.
2017-3-12
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-12 22:15
I have checked your case and we have confirmed the payment on March 10th.  
The weekend might cause some delay.

You have the wrong person as mine was free of charge, hardware error like I said..
2017-3-13
Use props
fans050a7b7d
New
Flight distance : 31309 ft
Taiwan

Im facing this problem too...out of nowhere....suddenly..during my vacation...please advise what to do
2017-3-26
Use props
flobot
lvl.4
United States

Yep, same here. Got my Mavic in October and have been flying pretty regularly with no issues or crashes. Tried to fly today after about a 2 week break and suddenly I keep getting the Gimbal Overload Error. This is the first time I have seen this. After trying all kinds of calibration, checking for updated firmware etc. I restarted the remote and that seemed to have fixed it. However about 2 hours later I tried flying again and getting the error again, this time nothing seems to fix it. I have the DJI Care but it seems kinda silly to waste it on something like this.
2017-3-26
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
  • >>>
Malta

Only thing you guys can do is contact customer support and send it back for repairs. It's a common hardware error, DJI will repair for free.

I'm still waiting on mine to be repaired though as the parts are out of stock at the moment and it's already been a month so don't expect you'll have back any time soon.
2017-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules