Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware v01.03.0500
3111 33 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

With a new firmware version released, I thought it would be good to share experiences, questions, comments, etc. related to this version v01.03.0500 under a separate thread.

Saves us scrolling through 60+ pages of unrelevant comments.
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

+1 Great to keep all the versions seperate.
2017-3-2
Use props
Jamison74
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4255778 ft
United States

Great idea
2017-3-2
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What’s New?

1. Updated No-Fly Zone management.
2. Optimized gimbal calibration.

Mhmm nothing special - I still see still risk updating firmwares. This one is useless for me I will wait for the next one.
2017-3-2
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
Canada

I am going to upgrade because I'm not scared of the future and like to have the most current operating system.
2017-3-2
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

Chaser, any success with the upgrade? I can't upgrade as my drone is with DJI in repair but I'm curious if under the surface more changes were implemented.
2017-3-2
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

One interesting observation I made is that the change log refers to iOS app version 4.0.5, which doesn't match with the version in the AppStore... expect an app upgrade soon as well.  
2017-3-2
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

OK ,let us know what  "Updated No-Fly Zone management." means .

I'm always afraid I'll end up not being able to fly after a FW update one day and end up with a $1000 paperweight ,lol
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

just updated,  first the new version of DJI Assistant 2  1.10 , and then the Tx and Mavic,  things found below.

a)  Assistant 2  pc   v 1.10.0   updated fine no issues
b) Tx ,  the USB connection is really flakey, flicking in and out of connection terribly, tried lots of different cables just to prove it wasnt a cabling issue,eventually got it to connect,  then appeared to go through no problem, but with one USB disconnect.
c) The Mavic failed its upgrade at 50% (on screen warning, failled, at the part where it should have rebooted) so rerun the upgrade and it all went well on the second attempt,  i really hate failled upgrades and this is the first time on any of its upgrades it has done this,  when i powered the mavic up after this, i had no camera, either picture on mobile device or in the menu?  powered down, and power up with every thing working fine,  again,  i hate this hit and mis approach to flying machines,    DJI  please , please stabalise your firmware and softwares ! ! !  after this,  going through each of the menus sees a few subtle changes,   still  here maps,  still no art mode,  batteries didnt pull an upgrade either  since .200

Calibrated everything except compass ( do that at the flying field )   i would have felt that much more at ease with this process if it didnt fall over,  especially as i can see no way back below .200  if .000 was still there i would have taken it back to that then updated to .500 again,   knowing a little about software, makes me feel very uneasy about this whole machine and its programming.
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-3-2 05:44
OK ,let us know what  "Updated No-Fly Zone management." means .

I'm always afraid I'll end up not being able to fly after a FW update one day and end up with a $1000 paperweight ,lol

only from what i have read, it appears to be something to do with each side of a runway in china ?   maybe i have that bit wrong or i read it wrong, but its how i seen it
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Really hope DJI can release a stable version soon,  all i seem to be doing is going out test flying firmware !  of the 80 flights i have now with the Mavic  70 are testing firmware,   pah,   thats just a ridiculous situation,  with no "Stable" releases available, and no route back to versions which appear flawed but slightly more stable,  it will soon be time to throw in the towel on the mavic,  which is such a shame,  i really hope this .500 version goes better than its install.
  DJI  Please help yourself in providing at least one stable version,  its no good keep adding features that are unreliable,   by all means make one stable solid version,   then work away from that,  for those that want to be testers
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ok, so i have taken it out on .500 and test flown,  it was nearly 100% ( slight dragging of the screen picture while i was flying, descending, video recording a pine tree),   very windy ( 12 - 18knots) ,   i will have to have a few more flights just to understand why the picture was drawn/mashed?  and if this is the only thing wrong i would be very happy. ( a bonus if it had google maps back )
2017-3-2
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-2 06:23
Really hope DJI can release a stable version soon,  all i seem to be doing is going out test flying firmware !  of the 80 flights i have now with the Mavic  70 are testing firmware,   pah,   thats just a ridiculous situation,  with no "Stable" releases available, and no route back to versions which appear flawed but slightly more stable,  it will soon be time to throw in the towel on the mavic,  which is such a shame,  i really hope this .500 version goes better than its install.
  DJI  Please help yourself in providing at least one stable version,  its no good keep adding features that are unreliable,   by all means make one stable solid version,   then work away from that,  for those that want to be testers

With PC version of DJI Assistant you should be able to go to any FW revision you have downloaded at pretty much any point you desire. I have no experience on upgrading/downgrading on other platforms so can't speak to those.
2017-3-2
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-3-2 05:16
I am going to upgrade because I'm not scared of the future and like to have the most current operating system.

so I did - mavic crashed 3 times updating from my iPhone... lovely ...
2017-3-2
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Chaser720 Posted at 2017-3-2 05:16

apparently you dont have a lot of experience with DJI's history of firmware upgrades, do you? LOL
2017-3-2
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Stavo Posted at 2017-3-2 07:35
With PC version of DJI Assistant you should be able to go to any FW revision you have downloaded at pretty much any point you desire. I have no experience on upgrading/downgrading on other platforms so can't speak to those.

it appears the downloads come from source (DJI) , is it possible to download the older versions for tx,  mavic and GO ?   every other type of craft i have,  i have downloaded,  
2017-3-2
Use props
flyNfrank
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2624856 ft
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-2 07:03
Ok, so i have taken it out on .500 and test flown,  it was nearly 100% ( slight dragging of the screen picture while i was flying, descending, video recording a pine tree),   very windy ( 12 - 18knots) ,   i will have to have a few more flights just to understand why the picture was drawn/mashed?  and if this is the only thing wrong i would be very happy. ( a bonus if it had google maps back )

So what GO4 version are you flying with, what operating system, and which device are you using if the operating system is android?
2017-3-2
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

with all the issues its having even some minor things that should be a simple fix and thats all it fixes in this firmware? smh. im with chaser ill wait for the next one
2017-3-2
Use props
jasoraso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 863 ft
United States

Update went mostly well.

Updated Android app first (Pixel XL). Then tuned on AC, then RC, then connected phone (disable the USB debugging, and selected on File transfer mode on the charging screen when swiping down from the status bar.

Main update proceeded normally. AC reboot normally. Asked if I wanted to update GPS / NFZ - I said Yes - it stopped at 60%. Noticed that I could swipe from the top and select File Transfer Mode again. Did that. didn't seem to "take". After waiting 10 more minutes, I disconnected phone, rebooted everything. Go 4 app indicates everything is good with the firmware. I don't know if the GPS/NFZ is updated completely or not.

time to go fly!
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Updated using DJI Assistant 2 1.1.0 on an iMac (El Capitan).  R/C took 1 minute.  Mavic took 10-11.  Uneventful update & flight (which is good).  Flew & hovered smooth as ever.  Only did a gimbal calibration since they tweaked it.  Horizon is level and seems nominal.

GO 4 update includes tweaks to camera setup menu (they moved AFC on Android) and several additions/changes in the Sensor tab (looks like the vision sensor icon).  Be sure to go through ALL menus, as they've been reset (hope you remember your settings!).  No biggie, really.  It looks like a polished GO 4.  Imperial values for speed now jive with the R/C, too!!

Oh, GO 4 also added a Smart RTH toggle within the battery tab.

2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

MikeQView Posted at 2017-3-2 06:23

OH & what you said about a ton of the flights are "testing..."

HAHAHA, me too!!  This is ridiculous that I must 'check the integrity' of the Mavic & run it thru its paces.  I think I've got 94 or 97 flights now.  I'd say the first couple minutes of EVERY flight is to observe the Mavic & GO 4.

As long as I do not use ANY intelligent flight modes, I'm confident in the Mavic.
2017-3-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-3-2 13:45
OH & what you said about a ton of the flights are "testing..."

HAHAHA, me too!!  This is ridiculous that I must 'check the integrity' of the Mavic & run it thru its paces.  I think I've got 94 or 97 flights now.  I'd say the first couple minutes of EVERY flight is to observe the Mavic & GO 4.

Please tell me it is working with android 7.0 again.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-2 13:55
Please tell me it is working with android 7.0 again.
Regards,
-d.

Unsure.  I'm on 6 so that ALL of my apps function as intended.  7 uses a hybrid compiler.  GO was written for Android 5.

That said, I'd do it.  It seems to have focused on fixing a few (not all) bugs rather than adding new features.  Since you're on Android 7, you may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling more than once if you have issues.
2017-3-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-3-2 14:06
Unsure.  I'm on 6 so that ALL of my apps function as intended.  7 uses a hybrid compiler.  GO was written for Android 5.

That said, I'd do it.  It seems to have focused on fixing a few (not all) bugs rather than adding new features.  Since you're on Android 7, you may want to try uninstalling/reinstalling more than once if you have issues.

Roger that DRONE-flies-YOU, thank you.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-2
Use props
ah93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2207392 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

weird one, has anyone noticed since updating the boot up chime sounds a little different? just updated mine not had chance to fly it yet
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

ah93 Posted at 2017-3-2 14:09
weird one, has anyone noticed since updating the boot up chime sounds a little different? just updated mine not had chance to fly it yet

Yea, they added a bit of reverb like the P4P.  
2017-3-2
Use props
ah93
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2207392 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-3-2 14:12
Yea, they added a bit of reverb like the P4P.

yeah just thought it was a bit strange powering it up after the update
2017-3-2
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

i wonder what kind of R&D team prioritizes "adding a reverb" to startup sound, to lets says, fixing the image quality issues.
2017-3-2
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
United States

alirz5 Posted at 2017-3-2 14:49
i wonder what kind of R&D team prioritizes "adding a reverb" to startup sound, to lets says, fixing the image quality issues.

It is funny because it is true.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-2
Use props
PimpDawg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204754 ft
United States

Looks like they changed the braking values from 0 - 200 with a default setting of 150. It used to be 0 - 150 with a default of 130.
2017-3-2
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

PimpDawg Posted at 2017-3-2 17:14
Looks like they changed the braking values from 0 - 200 with a default setting of 150. It used to be 0 - 150 with a default of 130.

I turned it down to 120 to counter the gimbal shake.  This setting doesn't effect OA on my Mavic.  Turn it way down & it still slams on the brakes if it detects an object.  Pretty cool!
2017-3-2
Use props
Chaser720
lvl.3
Flight distance : 400190 ft
United States

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-2 07:51
apparently you dont have a lot of experience with DJI's history of firmware upgrades, do you? LOL

I've updated every Mavic update the same day it has come out. Mavic is still sitting next to me unscratched. I must just be a really good pilot.
2017-3-3
Use props
DroneRace
lvl.1
United States

This Firmware RUINED our Mavic Pro. Tried everything already, including downgrading but it's still in bad shape. It was PERFECT before! It won't hold its position now, It just drifts and wont obey input. Don't Upgrade to this Firmware!!!
2017-3-24
Use props
The Rev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

Third party software like Autopilot and Litchi both have warnings about using there software with this version of Firmware
2017-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules