Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 pro remote wont turn on after firmware update
17309 30 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansed49ca73
New

Philippines

Hi! I updated my phantom 3 pro remote thru DJI go app. It said it successfully updated and I need to reboot the remote and so I did. After turning it off it won't turn on.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is strange, Can you plug it into the charger for a few hours to see if it helps at all.
2017-3-2
Use props
Joeldg
New

Philippines

Ok update. Left it over night without charging. Now, the remote is kinda hot. But still it does not turn on.
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please try to press C1+C2+Shutter at the same time, then restart the remote.
Also you can try to press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial, don't let go of any fingers, then try to turn on the controller.
If still cannot turn it on, it needs to be sent in for evaluation.
2017-3-2
Use props
Joeldg
New

Philippines

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 19:34
Also you can try to press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial, don't let go of any fingers, then try to turn on the controller.
If still cannot turn it on, it needs to be sent in for evaluation.

Tried it and still not working. Is there an authorized service center here in the Philippines?
2017-3-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

It is not available recently, here is the link for your reference: http://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers
Please feel free to contact our tech support via support@dji.com, we'll help you handle it.
2017-3-2
Use props
fans66fed949
New
Flight distance : 571 ft
United States

same problem
Did you get it fix?
2017-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans66fed949 Posted at 2017-7-10 14:37
same problem
Did you get it fix?

Have you tried the suggestion posted by Natalia on #4? Does it work?
2017-7-10
Use props
fansab5584ae
New
United Kingdom

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as above. Following the latest software upgrade to my remote for the phantom 3 Advanced, it will now no longer power up. I have follow the suggestions from above but no joy.

Any other suggestions for this issue please?

Thanks
Dunck
2017-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansab5584ae Posted at 2017-7-17 12:08
Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as above. Following the latest software upgrade to my remote for the phantom 3 Advanced, it will now no longer power up. I have follow the suggestions from above but no joy.

We are sorry to hear about this issue. Please charge the RC to see if it will be charged normally, then try the steps above.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans88e420fc
New

France

I have the same problem too. And i didn't find the solution.
2017-8-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans88e420fc Posted at 2017-8-26 11:36
I have the same problem too. And i didn't find the solution.

Sorry for the trouble caused. Please try the following steps to update RC again:
Keep pressing the C1+Shutter button, press power button once and then press again and hold for 2 seconds to turn on the RC, the LED will become white, then connect to your mobile device and enter Overall Status to update again.
Please let us know if this method helps, thanks.
2017-8-27
Use props
RVarela
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 20:00
Sorry for the trouble caused. Please try the following steps to update RC again:
Keep pressing the C1+Shutter button, press power button once and then press again and hold for 2 seconds to turn on the RC, the LED will become white, then connect to your mobile device and enter Overall Status to update again.

I followed the instructions and pressed C1+shutter and the LED turn white, then when I ran the app I can't find the "overall status" to update, the app is not talking to the controller.
What should I do?
2017-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RVarela Posted at 2017-9-6 18:00
I followed the instructions and pressed C1+shutter and the LED turn white, then when I ran the app I can't find the "overall status" to update, the app is not talking to the controller.
What should I do?

Please try another USB cable and mobile device, if the APP still cannot recognize the RC, it will need to be sent in for repair, sorry for the trouble caused.
2017-9-6
Use props
fans516611ff
New
Israel

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-6 22:42
Please try another USB cable and mobile device, if the APP still cannot recognize the RC, it will need to be sent in for repair, sorry for the trouble caused.

HI,
I got the same issue.
C1+Shutter+Power turn the remote (version GL300C) white light on.
I plugged the app and under Overall Status" I did see the update again but every time I try to reinstall it, the remote starts beeping, then just turns off again. a min later I get "Failed to upgrade" on the app.
P.S.
the screen says my current version is 1.4.30+, but I'm sure that prior to first failing to update to 1.9.3 I was on 1.8
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fans516611ff Posted at 2017-9-15 12:33
HI,
I got the same issue.
C1+Shutter+Power turn the remote (version GL300C) white light on.

Is there enough battery for the update? The RC might make a beeping sound during the update or when the upgrade failed for your case. Please try to charge the RC to full and then try to upgrade again. If the issue persists, I suggest sending the RC in for repair.
2017-9-15
Use props
fans8b891fdc
New
United States

I just did the same thing today. I had a fully charged remote, connected it to the p3pro. I was about to fly it, then I noticed a message that said I needed a firmware update on the remote and the drone. On my phone I was able to do the firmware update for the remote and right after it said update complete, the remote shut off and I could not restart it. It also feels hot even though it has been off for 2 hours. I called the DJI USa number and they told me to send it back to them. They sent a packing slip within 20 minutes. I was hoping for a quick fix answer such as :hold these two buttons for 10 seconds, etc... etc.., but as soon as I told them what happened they went straight to just send it to them. So they must know about this.
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans8b891fdc Posted at 2017-10-20 13:07
I just did the same thing today. I had a fully charged remote, connected it to the p3pro. I was about to fly it, then I noticed a message that said I needed a firmware update on the remote and the drone. On my phone I was able to do the firmware update for the remote and right after it said update complete, the remote shut off and I could not restart it. It also feels hot even though it has been off for 2 hours. I called the DJI USa number and they told me to send it back to them. They sent a packing slip within 20 minutes. I was hoping for a quick fix answer such as :hold these two buttons for 10 seconds, etc... etc.., but as soon as I told them what happened they went straight to just send it to them. So they must know about this.

I don't think there is quick fix answer for you if the controller couldn't be powered up. What is the light status when you pressed the power button of the RC for once? What if twice?
2017-10-20
Use props
dloufgoIhA19
New
Flight distance : 26545 ft
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-27 20:00

Problem solved. Thanks!!!!
2017-11-22
Use props
Waldy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2736 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-2 19:34
Also you can try to press C1+C2+Recording button+Camera settings dial, don't let go of any fingers, then try to turn on the controller.
If still cannot turn it on, it needs to be sent in for evaluation.

Hi Natalia,
                what is this key combination meant to do?  I have just purchased a used P3 Advanced and the remote will not turn on, but by accident I discovered that it will turn on with C1 + Shutter + Power.
2019-1-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Waldy Posted at 1-26 10:51
Hi Natalia,
                what is this key combination meant to do?  I have just purchased a used P3 Advanced and the remote will not turn on, but by accident I discovered that it will turn on with C1 + Shutter + Power.

Hi, Waldy, C1+C2+Shutter will reset the RC, after pressing C1+Shutter+Power button, will the RC be used and turned on again normally?
2019-1-29
Use props
Madsstrømme
New

Denmark

Hi, my RC dosen´t work either. I haven't updated at all, it just won't turn on and can't accept power when I charge it. I've tried all the suggestions with the buttons, but nothing will turn it on... Can you help me?

2020-4-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Madsstrømme Posted at 4-18 07:05
Hi, my RC dosen´t work either. I haven't updated at all, it just won't turn on and can't accept power when I charge it. I've tried all the suggestions with the buttons, but nothing will turn it on... Can you help me?

We apologize for the trouble on charing the RC, please make sure the cable has been inserted properly, you may push slightly and spin a little to see. If there is no luck, please isolate whether it is a problem with the charger. Will it charge the battery of the aircraft normally? Any chance to have a try with another once?
If the issue persists after all these troubleshooting, it is recommended to send in the RC for evaluation, please start an online ticket here: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-4-18
Use props
fans0b2c9866
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10423 ft

United States

Hello, I also updated my Phantom 3 Pro Controller (GL300C) with the latest firmware as of 6/26/2020 18:00 EDT - i don't know the firmware level because I could not read it before it died.  The firmware was updated by the DJI GO app on my iPhone via the USB connector.  The remote was charged to 3 lights at the time (and was charging).  After the update, the remote would no longer connect to my drone, despite multiple attempts to resync.  I attempted to power it down - it refused for a bit, but eventually powered down.  Now it no longer powers up.  No charging lights, no beeps, no nothing.  Pressing the power button 1 short, 1 long will not power it back on.  This happened within 10 minutes of the firmware update (~ 18:10  6/26/2020).   I see the reset process (press C1, C2, Shutter together and power it down).  This method is useless, because the remote just won't power on to perform that reset.  I left the remote as-is overnight, and it was warm all night long, despite having no power lights.  What can I do?  I see many people with this problem, and no resolution.  I have a nice $1000 drone that is only useful as a pretty paperweight.  Please help!!!
2020-6-27
Use props
djiuser_m6tUO4E5ERT9
New

United Kingdom

fans0b2c9866 Posted at 2020-6-27 10:45
Hello, I also updated my Phantom 3 Pro Controller (GL300C) with the latest firmware as of 6/26/2020 18:00 EDT - i don't know the firmware level because I could not read it before it died.  The firmware was updated by the DJI GO app on my iPhone via the USB connector.  The remote was charged to 3 lights at the time (and was charging).  After the update, the remote would no longer connect to my drone, despite multiple attempts to resync.  I attempted to power it down - it refused for a bit, but eventually powered down.  Now it no longer powers up.  No charging lights, no beeps, no nothing.  Pressing the power button 1 short, 1 long will not power it back on.  This happened within 10 minutes of the firmware update (~ 18:10  6/26/2020).   I see the reset process (press C1, C2, Shutter together and power it down).  This method is useless, because the remote just won't power on to perform that reset.  I left the remote as-is overnight, and it was warm all night long, despite having no power lights.  What can I do?  I see many people with this problem, and no resolution.  I have a nice $1000 drone that is only useful as a pretty paperweight.  Please help!!!

You have identical symptoms to myself, down to the controller becoming warm even though not in use. I was/am fortunate to having a unserviceable GL300B controller. So I stripped that down after first ensuring the battery was fully charged. Then did the same with the GL300C, checked the battery output and its was way down, so there must have been a power drain. I then connected this battery to the 300B controller and brought it back to full charge, as there was no indication on 300C of anything happening, So with 2 fully charged batteries i attempted the C1+Shutter route, fine it powered up as described. However, it will not connect either on its own or when the A/C is also powered up to the DJI GO App.I did attemempt a re-binding withut success. So I have one Doorstop Controller and one Faulty Controller. as these items are not cheap, even buy used, there is clearly a descrpancy in the term "SUPPORT" as defined by DJI. we are by no means the only users to have their controllers "Fried" by what appears to be a simple Firmware upgrade. (I wonder if DJI will respond to this or continue to play at being Ostriches)
2021-4-5
Use props
Lilith Eve
New

United States

So this is a common issue!? I did a firmware update and now my drone won't work. I did every trouble shooting tip I was given down to calibrating my controller. Nothing, it's an expensive piece of plastic just sitting here now!!
2023-5-8
Use props
Steve Callow
lvl.1

Australia

DID any easy fix become of this .. I have a P3 advanced that is suffering the same fate .. My question is was the firmware fault ever fixed or is it ongoing in a specific version and If I buy a new controller to get me going again is the same thing going to happen as soon as the next update comes through .. Or do I scrap it and change to a hopefully/more reliable brand ..
3-9 19:01
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steve Callow Posted at 3-9 19:01
DID any easy fix become of this .. I have a P3 advanced that is suffering the same fate .. My question is was the firmware fault ever fixed or is it ongoing in a specific version and If I buy a new controller to get me going again is the same thing going to happen as soon as the next update comes through .. Or do I scrap it and change to a hopefully/more reliable brand ..

Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.
3-11 00:22
Use props
Steve Callow
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-11 00:22
Hi there. As electronic products are affected by technological developments and changes in usage requirements, each generation of products has a fixed life cycle. In order to continuously provide you with premium product and service experiences, DJI regularly optimizes resource allocations to promote the development and application of new products and technologies. Therefore, we have decided to stop providing support services for the Phantom 3 Series and its accessories starting on January 5, 2023. We're sorry that the services for this product have been suspended currently and relevant technical support and after-sales repair services cannot be provided. Thank you for your understanding.

I understand there is no longer any support for this Item .. I was asking did any result come from the well known problem with the controllers (back when support was availiable) and the UpDate that DJI send us .. If it's the update the software should have been corrected not to cause the problem or if it is the controller a fix made for it (like replace the USB/Control board etc.) or maybe just don't update when told to and avoid version ???? for controllers with serial # older than ???? .. Then at least some of the more technical people could keep some of them working and use the others as spare parts .. In Short !! What was the common Fault ?
3-11 16:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Steve Callow Posted at 3-11 16:25
I understand there is no longer any support for this Item .. I was asking did any result come from the well known problem with the controllers (back when support was availiable) and the UpDate that DJI send us .. If it's the update the software should have been corrected not to cause the problem or if it is the controller a fix made for it (like replace the USB/Control board etc.) or maybe just don't update when told to and avoid version ???? for controllers with serial # older than ???? .. Then at least some of the more technical people could keep some of them working and use the others as spare parts .. In Short !! What was the common Fault ?

Thank you for your response. We totally understand your concern. The solution is provided on the above thread and if the solution does not work out, we suggest purchasing a new RC.  We're sorry that we do not have better solutions at the moment. We recommend using DJI Mini 4 Pro which enables more features, better experience, and significant performance improvement. We appreciate your understanding.
3-15 01:02
Use props
Steve Callow
lvl.1

Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-15 01:02
Thank you for your response. We totally understand your concern. The solution is provided on the above thread and if the solution does not work out, we suggest purchasing a new RC.  We're sorry that we do not have better solutions at the moment. We recommend using DJI Mini 4 Pro which enables more features, better experience, and significant performance improvement. We appreciate your understanding.

The problem is it won't lift a fishing sinker & bait and fly it with line weight 700mts out to sea and return .. I think I'll have to change brands but a good try to advertise your small / toys
3-16 19:05
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules