DJI Warranty!
787 4 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MaximFoss
New
Norway

Hi!

Will I lose my DJI warranty if I will upgrade the camera on my Phantom 3 Advanced to 4K Pro camera?

2017-3-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would think it's better to be safe and wait under the warranty expires and then do it. It is considered a modification and could void the warranty.
2017-3-2
Use props
Falcon001
lvl.1
Flight distance : 283481 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-2 14:45
I would think it's better to be safe and wait under the warranty expires and then do it. It is considered a modification and could void the warranty.

Ken,
Cant post a new thread due to being "new".
Had a phantom 4, great, no issues. Flew it for several months before upgrading to the pro plus.
Just bought a 4 pro plus. Had the following issues from day one. All firmware etc upgraded and settings are correct BTW.
1. Regularly drops satellite and GPS. - Any distance including 50 mtrs away.
Screen freezes so I have to manually fly home. SO FAR I HAVE ALWAYS KNOWN WHERE IT WAS OR IT WOULD BE AN ISSUE.
My first flyaway. Took off, held it at 10 metres and away it went. Put it into ATTI mode, brought it back landed turned it all on and off and all fine apart from the other issues as listed above and below.
Controller requests a firmware update every day, sometimes twice a day. This gets done and completed.
RTH fails to work. UAV just sits in the sky motionless. Have to fly it home.
Drone drifts off in the wind. GPS has failed. Playing with the various modes makes no difference, have to fly it on ATTI, back turn UAV  and controller off then restart.
Aircraft signal lost at 500 metres away.
UAV gains and loses height - 900 ft. without any input from controller with controller in normal mode.
UAV fails to turn off even with emergency buttons. Took 6 attempts.
Every flight will produce a high wind warning even when there is no wind.
Every, and that Ken, is EVERY flight will result in a RTH due to a lost signal. Cancel the RTH the signal reappears fly a little more and guess what, lost signal and RTH. And that Ken is with the UAV in full view.

I think the dealer should have be up front with me and told me that these aircraft have issues. I have looked on the forum and the general internet and it is clear that things have not been sorted properly before putting the aircraft on sale. Many people have had issues like the ones have have been experiencing.
I will be taking the UAV back to the dealer on Monday for a full refund.
Any help from yourself or DJI would be appreciated.
Regards
Ian

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Falcon001 Posted at 2017-3-5 01:30
Ken,
Had a phantom 4, great, no issues. Flew it for several months before upgrading to the pro plus.

Sorry to hear about the problems, Lan.
If the environment is suitable for flight, you have tried all basic troubleshooting, you can contact your dealer for help or send it in to our service center, our engineers will analyze the flight data and test the performance for you.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Falcon001 Posted at 2017-3-5 01:30
Ken,

Honestly, I have not not seen anyone with all the things you are seeing. The P4P is an incredible aircraft and tons are flying out there trouble free.
You seem to have an extreme case with all the things you've listed.
Since you are returning the aircraft to the dealer, the only thing I can do is if you sync your flight records and provide your email used for the GO app and I will review your flight.
Also, if you still have the aircraft connect it to the computer and download some of the DAT files and upload them to Dropbox and I will have the those flights analyzed to see what the flight data recorder says happened.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules