Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 11:22
I am absolutely not spending any time on this drone, its NOT mine, this is NOT the drone i bought. DJI swapped mine out with this one when it was in for repair. Of course they said nothing thinking I would not notice  But they forgot to move my Prores/DNG licenses over, I had also made note of the serial number before I shipped it and last but not least I hade placed registration stickers on mine (regulations for registered pilots)..
So this sick bird is going back and I am waiting for a new (not refurbished) I2 as replacement.

That seems a bit harsh
I am sure DJI is doing their best to keep things smooth and running properly. After all they are the Apple of drones. Let's give them the chance they deserve. They are not perfect, like no business is. but it seems to me that they're working hard on being the best.

I was one of the first Tesla endorsers and let me tell you, at the beginning it was a nightmare! Today they're a company right on track and they make the future for us.

At this stage maybe DJI needs support and help from customers. I am sure healthy critique and positive / helpful suggestions are also welcome, but let's not rampage them...I still love their products, despite some issues, just like I love Apple, despite issues or Telsa, despite many issues they had. They grow and excel because of constructive early adopters. We cannot expect miracles...Yet.

In a short period of time, I went fno drone at all to: a few P4s, a few Mavics, a Ronin, some Osmos, an Ispire1, a couple of P4P and an Inspire2. I would have not invested so much money if I did not believe in what they make 100%. I think DJI rocks...With some issues here and there.
2017-3-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-17 16:09
I immediately chatted with support and they told me to calibrate IMU and compass. I was not told to return it. After  calibration it was much better, but it did lose GPS for a few seconds, days after, one more time. Had I been told to return it. I would have done so. I thought, given the suggestion, that it was a known / common issue.

IMU +/- compass malfunction could have caused your crash.

I had a scare last week with a P4P but the error message was clear about 'IMU heading exception'. After recal, the bird flew fine.

Sorry to hear bout your loss but in this case, I'm sure DJI will do good by you.
2017-3-18
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-18 15:59
That seems a bit harsh
I am sure DJI is doing their best to keep things smooth and running properly. After all they are the Apple of drones. Let's give them the chance they deserve. They are not perfect, like no business is. but it seems to me that they're working hard on being the best.

That's nice to hear from someone who had one massive crash!
2017-3-18
Use props
marian.riabic.g
lvl.2
Flight distance : 962828 ft
Australia

I have a brand new x4s. When mechanical Shutter is active it overexpose by a huge margin on all outdoor photos. Indoor low light are fine. The histogram on outdoor looks fine and the photo on GO is fine. But when reviewing after they are almost white.
2017-3-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

That seems a bit harsh

Yes this may be a bit harsh words that are coming from me at the moment but I don´t feel I am treating them unfairly, just stating the truth and a company of that size should be able to handle these things better.
You also have to understand that this case has both cost me money and endless time to resolve. If they had just noticed they sold me a faulty drone and replaced it from day one this would never have come about. But instead I am met with a standardised answer almost everytime, "here is a case number bla bla bla and please send it to us.."
I have not been able to work with it for over a month and my company is not of that size that I can keep multitude of drones on the shelfs. At the moment I have a 16 hour trip I most like have to remake duo to this failure since a lot of the footage is unusable. I have a job this monday that is booked and here I need the Prores license and It will be hard to pull off with a Inspire 1 drone since it is a heavy tracking scenes with a moving car.
This forum is one of the few places that someone like me can reach out and express what it is I am experiencing and also give others a insight if they ever end up in same situation.

But yes I too like their products and love working with them but I wish that their support was better.  And I feel that if you dont buy their expensive DJI Care-insurance that you almost feel like you are being punished with slow service. I sent support a email week ago about the missing licenses and it took them 1 week to answer that email! And I don't know you had to experience the whole osmo adapter episode but that was about a x5 adapter that was delayed around 8 month and many of us spent hugs amount of money on something that was useless for a long time and it ended up making many people angry.

Hopefully they will get better at giving quality support.

2017-3-18
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

I might add that my situation probably would be a great deal worse if it had not been for the reseller who really stepped up to the plate. The replacement drone that I am waiting for is actually coming from them and not DJI them selvs, they wanted me to send the drone in for a new round of repairs. But the reseller could se that this was beginning do be a bad case and decided to take it upon him selv to resolve the issue and that this had to stop. So my 10 points today go out to Dandrone.dk
2017-3-18
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

marian.riabic.g Posted at 2017-3-18 20:22
I have a brand new x4s. When mechanical Shutter is active it overexpose by a huge margin on all outdoor photos. Indoor low light are fine. The histogram on outdoor looks fine and the photo on GO is fine. But when reviewing after they are almost white.

Marian , start a new thread if you have a question as sometimes new questions can get lost in another thread.  

I would  simply answer you right now but I am not a camera expert, more flight issues and updates I am keen on.

donnie
2017-3-19
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-18 17:56
That's nice to hear from someone who had one massive crash!

I love their products...Today I shot nice footage with a P4P and everything, like most times, was flawless.
2017-3-19
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 22:10
Yes this may be a bit harsh words that are coming from me at the moment but I don´t feel I am treating them unfairly, just stating the truth and a company of that size should be able to handle these things better.
You also have to understand that this case has both cost me money and endless time to resolve. If they had just noticed they sold me a faulty drone and replaced it from day one this would never have come about. But instead I am met with a standardised answer almost everytime, "here is a case number bla bla bla and please send it to us.."
I have not been able to work with it for over a month and my company is not of that size that I can keep multitude of drones on the shelfs. At the moment I have a 16 hour trip I most like have to remake duo to this failure since a lot of the footage is unusable. I have a job this monday that is booked and here I need the Prores license and It will be hard to pull off with a Inspire 1 drone since it is a heavy tracking scenes with a moving car.

How can you NOT love people that allow us to shoot these videos for relatively low money?
2017-3-19
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-19 14:01
How can you NOT love people that allow us to shoot these videos for relatively low money?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvoxkIBYg5U&feature=youtu.be

Awesome views. Great soundtrack. Can you share where you got the music from?
2017-3-19
Use props
uofthag2
New

Canada

such clear video!
2017-3-19
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

It was a foggy day....P4P is great
2017-3-20
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-19 15:38
Awesome views. Great soundtrack. Can you share where you got the music from?

Thanks, the music comes from incompetech
2017-3-20
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-20 00:57
Thanks, the music comes from incompetech

Thanks for sharing the music source
2017-3-20
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

skypal Posted at 2017-3-17 04:50
The opposite prop has the same spin direction and there would be no counter force anymore. So the copter itself would spin like hell. There would be no benefit.

Some can tell me what will happen if I try to take off with only two opposites prop without any camera attached.
I think will do this experiment and take all the security procedures before.
Is someone can give me any ideas?

Thanks
2017-3-20
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:56
Some can tell me what will happen if I try to take off with only two opposites prop without any camera attached.

Interesting, you would have all the support of the community...Just kidding, I would not want to ruin your drone, but I am sure someone on youtube is willing to try for the sake of views.
2017-3-20
Use props
Brad Jones
lvl.2

United States

Sounds like what happened to mine. With it breaking apart mid flight and dropping 269' to the ground. Mine was delivered to DJI today so I'm anxious to hear what the issue was.
2017-3-20
Use props
abrealis.hotmai
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

Brad Jones Posted at 2017-3-20 16:24
Sounds like what happened to mine. With it breaking apart mid flight and dropping 269' to the ground. Mine was delivered to DJI today so I'm anxious to hear what the issue was.

Are you willing to share the dat file  from that flight?
2017-3-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-3-20 06:56

It might tell you the props are off.

I did that once with my P4 and it had the guards on it back then.  I mistook the guards for the props and wound it up and it sat there.  Then it threw up the " Props off " message.  Bad part was I was rushing and trying to impress someone and it just didn't work.  {:4_177:}

If it does takeoff, maybe make harness from the middle up to a tall overhang to support it during the trial so it doesn't spin off into earth.  Some sort of pulley thing for support to see how it lifts off.

2017-3-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Runi Posted at 2017-3-17 11:39
then take a look at this. I just got this drone a few days ago, its supposed to be a replacement drone for one I had sent in for repair since that one had a malefunction on the controller and non-working fpv camera. This is how it flyes
Note that I am not touching the controller other then taking off and all sensors are turned off, but in GPS mode. I have tried 3 different propellers so I can rool out that the propellers are the issue.
vibrating I2

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Runi, we deeply sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.
Would you please PM me some basic information of the reseller since you returned it back to him for a replacement, we'd like to follow up it, thank you.
2017-3-20
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-3-20 18:58
It might tell you the props are off.

I did that once with my P4 and it had the guards on it back then.  I mistook the guards for the props and wound it up and it sat there.  Then it threw up the " Props off " message.  Bad part was I was rushing and trying to impress someone and it just didn't work.  

Thanks for your support, that's what I plan to do, I'm waiting for my I1 to return from fix and will do the test with it, so I don't want to risk my I2 for that, promise will report back with a short movie to see the results.
2017-3-21
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-20 19:16
Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Runi, we deeply sorry for the trouble you're experiencing.
Would you please PM me some basic information of the reseller since you returned it back to him for a replacement, we'd like to follow up it, thank you.

Hi DJI Natalia.
The drone is still at my studio and the reseller has arrange for a transport for the drone back to DJI, I´m just waiting for the shipping papers. The case# is CAS-514729-L7D1D4 if you want to keep track.
2017-3-21
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

fans4f8954b4 Posted at 2017-3-21 01:31
Thanks for your support, that's what I plan to do, I'm waiting for my I1 to return from fix and will do the test with it, so I don't want to risk my I2 for that, promise will report back with a short movie to see the results.

Cool! Be safe!!!
2017-3-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 692090 ft
  • >>>
United States

then take a look at this. I just got this drone a few days ago, its supposed to be a replacement drone for one I had sent in for repair since that one had a malefunction on the controller and non-working fpv camera. This is how it flyes
Note that I am not touching the controller other then taking off and all sensors are turned off, but in GPS mode. I have tried 3 different propellers so I can rool out that the propellers are the issue.
vibrating I2

Crap they sent you a broken drone...
2017-3-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 11:22
I am absolutely not spending any time on this drone, its NOT mine, this is NOT the drone i bought. DJI swapped mine out with this one when it was in for repair. Of course they said nothing thinking I would not notice  But they forgot to move my Prores/DNG licenses over, I had also made note of the serial number before I shipped it and last but not least I hade placed registration stickers on mine (regulations for registered pilots)..
So this sick bird is going back and I am waiting for a new (not refurbished) I2 as replacement.

DJI shoul be ashamed to ship such a defective bird to a customer. Shame on you, DJI...
2017-3-21
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

vibrating I2

DJI SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF SHIPPING A CUSTOMER SUCH A DEFECTIVE BIRD. Do they not understand some of us are professionals, in business? not weekend flyers. This is disgusting...
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Runi Posted at 2017-3-21 13:43
Hi DJI Natalia.
The drone is still at my studio and the reseller has arrange for a transport for the drone back to DJI, I´m just waiting for the shipping papers. The case# is CAS-514729-L7D1D4 if you want to keep track.

Thank you very much for the information, we've informed it to our engineers.
Hope you could receive a new one and enjoy it soon.
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-21 16:15
DJI shoul be ashamed to ship such a defective bird to a customer. Shame on you, DJI...

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, appreciate your feedback, which provides motivation for us to improve.
We've forwarded this concern to our engineers, thanks for your supporting!
2017-3-22
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-22 01:35
We deeply apologize for the inconvenience caused, appreciate your feedback, which provides motivation for us to improve.
We've forwarded this concern to our engineers, thanks for your supporting!

Not to be rude Natalia, but some of us are using the Inspire 2 for commercial use as you know. Following our regulations to the letter and then even restricting ourselves even more on top of that. When we fly our new I2 in a tightly controlled environment, sometimes with people as part of the subject of the operation, and the I2 loses control and crashes at no fault of the pilot, it is not only very dangerous, it is also giving the regulators and public a very negative impression. It makes things a lot more difficult for this industry to survive. I know DJI is trying. It just seems that there is something not right. Maybe DJI needs more testing even as the birds come off the production line, maybe aggressive QC flight testing on a continuous basis.
2017-3-22
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

ROTOROPTIC Posted at 2017-3-22 05:23
Not to be rude Natalia, but some of us are using the Inspire 2 for commercial use as you know. Following our regulations to the letter and then even restricting ourselves even more on top of that. When we fly our new I2 in a tightly controlled environment, sometimes with people as part of the subject of the operation, and the I2 loses control and crashes at no fault of the pilot, it is not only very dangerous, it is also giving the regulators and public a very negative impression. It makes things a lot more difficult for this industry to survive. I know DJI is trying. It just seems that there is something not right. Maybe DJI needs more testing even as the birds come off the production line, maybe aggressive QC flight testing on a continuous basis.

I agree with ROTOROPTIC.  There seems to be a lag in Q.C. with bad props, these things coming apart in flight, and sketchy software and firmware updates.  Safety should be paramount with these things.

GoPro did their recall and buyback with the Karma due to defects and I'm sure it hurt them financially, but they are back out in the marketplace now after whatever fixes they applied.
2017-3-22
Use props
LICENSED PILOT
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

That seems a bit harsh

How can DJI ship a bird that flies like this? I worked around helis in the Army and in public safety. If I saw a chopper approaching doing the shimmy-shammy  in midflight I'd run like hell...
2017-3-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

We have analyzed the flight data, according to the analysis result of this individual case, the aircraft vibrated abnormally by itself during the flight. It might be caused by the components on the arm of this aircraft were defective and not working properly.
For this special case, we've contacted the OP and it has been taken care of.
Thank you so much for all your feedback and attention, which provides motivation for us to keep improving, appreciate you supporting!
2017-3-23
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 17:59
We have analyzed the flight data, according to the analysis result of this individual case, the aircraft vibrated abnormally by itself during the flight. It might be caused by the components on the arm of this aircraft were defective and not working properly.
Thank you so much for all your feedback and attention, which provides motivation for us to keep improving, appreciate you supporting!

Hi Natalia, are you referring to my case or another one?
2017-3-25
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-25 07:25
Hi Natalia, are you referring to my case or another one?

You still dont have your Inspire back or a new one from DJI?
2017-3-25
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Skyclip Posted at 2017-3-25 09:38
You still dont have your Inspire back or a new one from DJI?

It's on the way (UPS)
2017-3-26
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

I received my Inspire2 replacement. I am not going to get into details, unless DJI wants to, but I can safely say that I am utterly IMPRESSED by the OUTSTANDING customer service and support.
I did not expect to receive the repaired I2 the way it was delivered to me (It's a good surprise). What else can I add...? Thanks DJI, I am a very loyal customer and you certainly deserve my business. This is exactly why I keep buying and gifting your products (P4, Mavic, P4P, Inspire, Osmo and maybe one day the more industrial ones as well).

I am a really happy customer.
2017-3-28
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-23 17:59

Hi Natalia, the only thing I am still missing on the replacement X5S / Inspire2 is my ProRes License. Rhe new coew S/N number is: 0A0LDCE003015Z.
Please advise
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-28 03:00
I received my Inspire2 replacement. I am not going to get into details, unless DJI wants to, but I can safely say that I am utterly IMPRESSED by the OUTSTANDING customer service and support.
I did not expect to receive the repaired I2 the way it was delivered to me (It's a good surprise). What else can I add...? Thanks DJI, I am a very loyal customer and you certainly deserve my business. This is exactly why I keep buying and gifting your products (P4, Mavic, P4P, Inspire, Osmo and maybe one day the more industrial ones as well).

Truly appreciate your update and positive feedback, which provides us motivation to keep improving, hope you have great experience on flight!
2017-3-28
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-28 03:51
Truly appreciate your update and positive feedback, which provides us motivation to keep improving, hope you have great experience on flight!

Thanks, as I said, the only thing still missing is my purchased ProRes License which was on the defunct X5S, how do I get the license transferred to the new X5S?
2017-3-28
Use props
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United States

Runi Posted at 2017-3-18 22:10

"And I feel that if you dont buy their expensive DJI Care-insurance that you almost feel like you are being punished with slow service."

It's probably not very reassuring, but I have the Care Refresh Insurance, and whilst it is great that I don't have to worry about the cost of a repair, I still seem to have the same slow service. Contacting via email is very slow as it takes at least 24 hours to get a response, and that seems to be the minimum comment to meet some level of service quota. When you reply to query what they meant (even only a minute later) you still have to wait another day to get a response.  So it can be over a week to have a conversation.

Doing the online chat is quicker, but there isn't any follow up, nothing is recorded, the front-line service people are nice enough, but don't seem to have any power, they just say I'll forward this to the proper authorities. So you have to start a whole new chat in a couple of days time with someone new to find out if anything has moved.

Their online repair self-service requests are now available in the UK (it wasn't in January), so things might be better now, but back then I got zero communication about the status of repair, I only managed to get any info by continually asking on the online chat.

I think I have exactly the same issue as you - a replacement drone with the ProRes/DNG keys not being transferred. It's been several weeks and still no sign of DJI having any procedure for transferring the keys from one drone to the replacement drone that they themselves supplied to me (without asking). At one point they were suggesting I might have to send the replacement back again.

It's a great product (when it works) they just need to get their service side sorted out.
2017-3-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules