11208 98 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansba3b7009
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314908 ft
  • >>>
Austria

so whats the official statement what caused  this crash?
2017-3-28
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Don't know yet
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-28 04:18
Thanks, as I said, the only thing still missing is my purchased ProRes License which was on the defunct X5S, how do I get the license transferred to the new X5S?

I've transferred your SN to the engineers, will help you check it, appreciate your patience.
2017-3-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

hfrancis Posted at 2017-3-28 07:23
"And I feel that if you dont buy their expensive DJI Care-insurance that you almost feel like you are being punished with slow service."

It's probably not very reassuring, but I have the Care Refresh Insurance, and whilst it is great that I don't have to worry about the cost of a repair, I still seem to have the same slow service. Contacting via email is very slow as it takes at least 24 hours to get a response, and that seems to be the minimum comment to meet some level of service quota. When you reply to query what they meant (even only a minute later) you still have to wait another day to get a response.  So it can be over a week to have a conversation.

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties.
Just to verify, you got the replacement from the dealer or from DJI official service center directly?
May I have your original DOA case number? will help you look into it.
2017-3-28
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-28 23:40
I've transferred your SN to the engineers, will help you check it, appreciate your patience.

Hi Natalia, I submitted all the required info: old and new S/N. etc. I chatted with support, etc. but still no ProRes license on the replaced drone. It should really be an issue solvable in a matter of minutes / hours. It's been days. Before shipping the replacement I also advised everyone, several times, that the license was also supposed to be transferred, so that adds to the frustration, as clearly several people failed to read and act.

Please help...Days go by and no way to use my superexpensive license and SSD
2017-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-30 13:40
Hi Natalia, I submitted all the required info: old and new S/N. etc. I chatted with support, etc. but still no ProRes license on the replaced drone. It should really be an issue solvable in a matter of minutes / hours. It's been days. Before shipping the replacement I also advised everyone, several times, that the license was also supposed to be transferred, so that adds to the frustration, as clearly several people failed to read and act.

Please help...Days go by and no way to use my superexpensive license and SSD

We're looking into this case now, will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.
2017-3-30
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

My guess is they will not tell you
2017-3-31
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-30 19:43
We're looking into this case now, will get back to you soon, thank you for your patience.

I connected to DJI Assistant 2 and found the transferred license there. I used a newly generated code and it seems it worked. I will not try and see if the SSD actually records now. Regards,
M.
2017-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-31 03:36
I connected to DJI Assistant 2 and found the transferred license there. I used a newly generated code and it seems it worked. I will not try and see if the SSD actually records now. Regards,
M.

Please keep us posted, thank you.
2017-3-31
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

So far it works
2017-3-31
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Runi Posted at 2017-3-17 11:39
then take a look at this. I just got this drone a few days ago, its supposed to be a replacement drone for one I had sent in for repair since that one had a malefunction on the controller and non-working fpv camera. This is how it flyes
Note that I am not touching the controller other then taking off and all sensors are turned off, but in GPS mode. I have tried 3 different propellers so I can rool out that the propellers are the issue.
vibrating I2

wow the flight controller is getting bad information.  either unbalanced prop or maybe one motor is off its alignment
2017-3-31
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-17 16:09
I immediately chatted with support and they told me to calibrate IMU and compass. I was not told to return it. After  calibration it was much better, but it did lose GPS for a few seconds, days after, one more time. Had I been told to return it. I would have done so. I thought, given the suggestion, that it was a known / common issue.

almost sounds like a lose connection with the GPS unit or something...
2017-3-31
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2017-3-18 17:56
IMU +/- compass malfunction could have caused your crash.

I had a scare last week with a P4P but the error message was clear about 'IMU heading exception'. After recal, the bird flew fine.

Isn't this why we went with two IMUS in this?
2017-3-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

lolders Posted at 2017-3-31 15:27
Isn't this why we went with two IMUS in this?

Yes, but calibration error takes both of them out. This was declared within 10-20 s of takeoff. Which is why it is ALWAYS good sense to hover a little or to do slow forward flight for a few seconds before taking the craft at high speed to a destination.

I was somewhat distressed when I saw the 'IMU exception' error message and tried to 'shake it off' by restarting and retesting and keeping the aircraft at one spot in the air for awhile but this did not help. The problem was intermittent (that part is a little scary). All got fixed after a full cold recalibration.

The dual IMU redundancy is useful if for some reason one fails in mid flight.

I'm sure DJI is monitoring this. However, their comms can be improved. Not to be provocative but I PMed Natalia on this specific problem twice and did not hear back.
2017-4-1
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Posted at 2017-3-31 03:36
M.

Hi Natalia, so...The ProRes works but now I am hearing noises on bootup (video attached) on the replaced X5S that I do not recall with the previous X5S I had. I am also puzzled by what seems to be blurry videos. Lens (15mm) has been calibrated, but I often get blurry videos. I also noticed that the locking point of the camera+lens are not aligned, from what I see, they should be. Maybe I've got a refurbished X5S that is not as good as it should. Please review the video (Noise toward the end and it always happens) and the mount (Pics) and tell me it this normal.
Thanks,
M.

2017-4-1
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Elektrica Posted at 2017-4-1 12:44
Hi Natalia, so...The ProRes works but now I am hearing noises on bootup (video attached) on the replaced X5S that I do not recall with the previous X5S I had. I am also puzzled by what seems to be blurry videos. Lens (15mm) has been calibrated, but I often get blurry videos. I also noticed that the locking point of the camera+lens are not aligned, from what I see, they should be. Maybe I've got a refurbished X5S that is not as good as it should. Please review the video (Noise toward the end and it always happens) and the mount (Pics) and tell me it this normal.
Thanks,
M.

Got a response (thread) from a kind user, so the noise issue has been solved. I am still wondering about the misaligned lens mount. I am not sure that is normal or could affect filming.
2017-4-2
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

JBSonic Posted at 2017-3-17 08:07
I saw a video which demonstrated a quadcopter's ability to avoid crashing by using a certain algorithm.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsHryqnvyYA

If that is for real, it is impressive.  Would certainly be safer. Wonder how well it would handle wind too?
2017-4-2
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
United Kingdom

@Elektrica, wow reading all this has made me nervous to fly my P4P let alone a I2.  It would be even worse if it landed on some one.  Scary stuff.  I hope it is all resolved for you.  Keep us post.  Very interesting read and a good reminder to fly safe and always consider what is below..  Scary, however I am loving my P4P.. Thanks DJI.
2017-4-2
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LICENSED PILOT Posted at 2017-3-21 16:20
DJI SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF SHIPPING A CUSTOMER SUCH A DEFECTIVE BIRD. Do they not understand some of us are professionals, in business? not weekend flyers. This is disgusting...

I am surprised it wasn't picked up in some of methodical test flight pre-dispatching.  Its not just customer service, I'd actually be more worried about safety.  As we keep getting told, drones are not toys and deserve similar respect and care as any aircraft.  They may not have a manned pilot, however you can never guarantee what is below at the time.
I am hoping it was a one off that didn't happen during this assumed pre-dispatch testing.
Good job Runi did a test run before going too high!  Mind you I suppose we all do some testing before engaging in real flight. (at least I hope we do).
Out of interest, please PM your thoughts on "DJI care".  After reading this I am seriously considering it for my P4P, not because I think DJI aren't reliable, but because I know #£$% happens sometimes.
Thanks for the thread Elektrica (otherwise I may not have considered DJI care until it was too late).
Glad it's all sorted for you.
2017-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules