New firmware for Inspire 2 has been released ( 04/13/2017)
12Next >
13595 71 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
China

Inspire 2 Release Notes:

• Date:  2017.04.13
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.0.0330
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.0.0110
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.0.7, Android V 4.0.6

What's New:

• Optimized No-Fly Zone Return to Home and unlocking.
    • Reduced high-frequency vibration after gimbal self-checking.
    • Added an option to control gimbal pan by holding the C1 button and rotating the control dial in Follow Mode.
    • When exiting an Intelligent Flight Mode, the gimbal will no longer center itself.

Notes:

• If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 app and try upgrading again.

Inspire 2 Release Notes:

• Date:  2017.03.02
  • Aircraft Firmware: V01.0.0240
  • Remote Controller Firmware: V01.0.0110
  • DJI GO 4 app: iOS V 4.0.5, Android V 4.0.4

What's New:

• Added the option of Smart Arm LEDs, controlling whether front/back LEDS turn off automatically during shooting.
  • Added the Pitch Range Extension function, enlarging the gimbal pitch range to -125°~+40° with the function enabled; Added auto adjustment of the Zenmuse X5S gimbal yaw and pitch speed according to the FOV when the Max Gimbal Yaw Speed option is on.
  • Enabled sticks control of the gimbal inside the app when TapFly is activated. Users can also control the gimbal’s orientation via the remote controller. When the sticks are in use, the gimbal will automatically change into free mode. At that time, movethe right stick (Mode 2) to the left or right to control gimbal yaw while move the right stick up and down to control gimbal pitch. Scroll the left dial to control the flight speed of the aircraft.
  • Added Quick Spin function when TapFly is activated. When this function is enabled, the aircraft will rotate quickly to allow the gimbal to continue its rotation
  • Added the option to turn off the warning sound during firmware updates.
  • Adjusted the Near Ground Warning to activate whenever the Automatic Landing Gear is switched off. When the Near Ground Warning is activated, the DJI GO 4 app will prompt when the aircraft descends to about 0.7m above the ground. The aircraft will be forced to land if the user holds down the throttle stick for 3 seconds. (Currently only for iOS)
  • Added the Clip Index function to help better sort video clips saved in the CINESSD.
  • Added camera lens distortion correction in H.264/H.265 formats.
  • Added Looks (Standard and D-Log) and removed Color when shooting with both SSD and SD enabled.
  • ISO value will now be locked to 500 when shooting videos in D-Log.
  • Added a vibration warning on the remote controller for emergency braking, quick spin and auto landing.
  • Added customization of responsiveness to stick movements and enabled Quick Spin in Tripod Mode.
  • Added Course Lock Function when advanced features such as TapFly and ActiveTrack are enabled.
  • Added quick exiting for advanced features by pressing and holding the Pause Button for 3 seconds. (Currently only for iOS)
  • Optimized ActiveTrack, adding the option to make the aircraft's heading consistent with the object's direction of movement.
  • Enabled Spotlight Pro in A mode.
  • Enabled the app to remember the Video Format and Color settings in use when powering off the aircraft by pressing the power button.
  • Enhanced the quality of dark parts of videos in the Apple ProRes format.
  • Enhanced color transition in the dark parts of D-Log videos.
  • Optimized the self-diagnosis process of the gimbal.
  • Enhanced gimbal self-calibration and increased calibration accuracy.
  • Fixed occasional failure of gimbal tilt motor initialization.
  • Enhanced the accuracy of detecting water or flat surfaces.
  • Optimized the interaction experience of Master and Slave remote controllers.
  • Increased stability when using the Master and Slave remote controllers in the operation frequency of 5.8GHz.
  • Added the operation frequency of 5.6GHz for Master and Slave remote controllers in Japan.
  • Disabled the function of stopping motor mid-flight by pressing the RTH button while simultaneously pulling the left stick to the bottom inside corner and holding for 3 seconds by default. The user should go inside DJI GO 4 app to enable this function.
  • Adjusted the default critical low battery warning to 7%.
  • Disabled the aircraft from taking off with only one battery.
  • Disabled the aircraft from taking off when the batteries are not inserted correctly.
  • Adjusted limited flight range in and around airports.
  • Supported to update the firmware of the DJI Focus Handwheel and Inspire 2 GPS Module when connecting to the remote controller.
  • Fixed the occasional image anomaly with some gimbal cameras.
  • Enhanced the Return-to-Home accuracy.
  • Added the display of aircraft output power status in the outer ring of the Flight Attitude Icon.

Notes:

• If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 app, and retry.
  • Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version.
  • Ensure remote controller is updated to the latest firmware to activate all new features.

2017-3-2
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

NOW THAT IS A FIRMWARE UPDATE!.... now to read it over lol
2017-3-2
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Looks like LOTS of fixes and tweaks, and that is always appriciated, but I have 3 things...
1:iso locked at 500 when shooting in Dlog... I am curious to the decision for this? Is it for dynamic range? being such a small sensor, I try to shoot at iso 100, 100% of the time..

2: I know its not on the list... but what about lens corrections being added to ProRes footage?

3: (not really related to the firmware, more of the DJI Go 4 app) We used to have the option to change the size of the FPV view, It seems that has been removed.. is that so?
2017-3-2
Use props
Heliflo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8885013 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Is my I2 the only one named "orange" instead of "Inspire 2" in the DJI Assistant?

orange

orange
2017-3-2
Use props
Flory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2277503 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes you can change the fpv screen size it took me a while I think 3 fingers an expand . I hope this fixes my turning issues in GPS follow mode as it only turns correctly in atti or camera on free . An I've played with the settings didn't change a thing. Hope this works out. The app is filled with good stuff now .
2017-3-3
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire 2 with X4S doesnt work anymore.  The camera wont pan or tilt.  The head of quad is heating up.  Video shaking while quad is on flat table.
My inspire 2 is grounded  till I guesse a patch or new update?!
2017-3-3
Use props
Jordan.c.smith
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1315105 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-3-2 20:51
Looks like LOTS of fixes and tweaks, and that is always appriciated, but I have 3 things...
1:iso locked at 500 when shooting in Dlog... I am curious to the decision for this? Is it for dynamic range? being such a small sensor, I try to shoot at iso 100, 100% of the time..

1: Probably for dynamic range. Sony does the same thing with slog-2 and locks it at ISO 800. It will be interesting to see how the footage looks.
2017-3-3
Use props
Uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dkotinsky Posted at 2017-3-3 09:39
My Inspire 2 with X4S doesnt work anymore.  The camera wont pan or tilt.  The head of quad is heating up.  Video shaking while quad is on flat table.

Mine with X4S upgraded and working fine , maybe you should contact DJI customer support ?
2017-3-3
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

DJI, we would appreciate some insight to the decision of locking the ISO at 500 when using DLOG.
Please check the following thread:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-87335-1-1.html
2017-3-3
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Jordan.c.smith Posted at 2017-3-3 12:09
1: Probably for dynamic range. Sony does the same thing with slog-2 and locks it at ISO 800. It will be interesting to see how the footage looks.

Correct me if I am wrong, but that is the lowest ISO... not the only ISO you can select on the sony's?
2017-3-3
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is a huge update and it is looking awesome!

Plus, the DJI Go App has been updated with many more items as well

Rich
2017-3-3
Use props
fans16dbd10d
New
Flight distance : 17388586 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Not working(((((((((((((((((( master and slave in Russia
2017-3-3
Use props
Conrad Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484806 ft
Canada

Totally! Lets keep pushing for further firmware updates... So many little things that need tweaking
2017-3-6
Use props
Ch.Huebner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 908868 ft
Germany

dkotinsky Posted at 2017-3-3 09:39

I have unfortunately the same problem as user „dkotinsky“  #6
My Inspire 2 with X4S doesnt work anymore. The camera wont pan or tilt.
Sometimes it happens randomly the Pan and Nick works, but very rarely.
Camera is trembling, if it does not work
Before the update everything worked.
2017-3-9
Use props
Drone Ranger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139360 ft
Australia

People who use 3rd party Apps like Litchi & Autopilot should be aware that this latest firmware update (v01.0.0240) has caused erratic flight in a number of modes ... they have issued Warnings not to use specific modes in their Apps until the matter is resolved with DJI
2017-3-10
Use props
Johan-Martin
lvl.1

Norway

I got the fault code "Air Encoder Error (0X100000)" After upgrading.......
2017-3-16
Use props
Drone Ranger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139360 ft
Australia

Further to my post #15 regarding problems with popular 3rd party apps, can DJI advise when an updated Firmware version will be released?
2017-3-19
Use props
fans4f8954b4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18275925 ft
  • >>>
France

Next FW updates- when will be released????
2017-3-21
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

Its with Beta testers right now
2017-3-21
Use props
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470062 ft
Japan

I just updated the firmware on my controllers, which has restored master/slave functionality to me in Japan (thank god!).

Is it ok for me to hold off on updating the firmware of the Inspire 2 itself?

I would like to continue using LOG as I was previously (at least for a while), to ensure consistency with a project I'm currently working on.

Are there any safety issues with me running the OLD Inspire 2 firmware with the NEW RC firmware?

I have not flown yet but a ground test shows no errors.
2017-3-22
Use props
ROTOROPTIC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 598031 ft
Canada

Hamish Campbell Posted at 2017-3-22 02:30
I just updated the firmware on my controllers, which has restored master/slave functionality to me in Japan (thank god!).

Is it ok for me to hold off on updating the firmware of the Inspire 2 itself?

I wouldn't start mixing firmware versions. I don't think they do their beta testing mixing old controller FW and new Aircraft FW, or vice versa
2017-3-22
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

#EPICFAIL . . . and I can only blame myself for AGAIN falling trap to DJIs update.  Lost money yesterday and if I dont get this fixed will lose more tommorow !
2017-3-22
Use props
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470062 ft
Japan

ROTOROPTIC Posted at 2017-3-22 08:23
I wouldn't start mixing firmware versions. I don't think they do their beta testing mixing old controller FW and new Aircraft FW, or vice versa

Thanks, I'll update the air-frame too then to keep it safe.
2017-3-22
Use props
nik1975
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6300833 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

and a new speed reduction again???
2017-4-13
Use props
Sharif
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

alright...who's going first this time.
2017-4-13
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Updated to .330. No issues. I notice that the RC firmware has not changed from the last release. Still at .110.
2017-4-13
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

raven4 Posted at 2017-4-13 04:28
Updated to .330. No issues. I notice that the RC firmware has not changed from the last release. Still at .110.

Raven, did you have speed degradation prior to the upgrade and if so, has it improved?
2017-4-13
Use props
raven4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-4-13 05:55
Raven, did you have speed degradation prior to the upgrade and if so, has it improved?

Speed is not an issue, for me. Never tested that, so, can't answer your question.
2017-4-13
Use props
J-Darcy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 847428 ft
United Kingdom

Thankyou DJI!

As lens distortion correction has been fixed now (allegedly), I can use this drone again for surveying!
2017-4-13
Use props
Arrow1969
Second Officer
Flight distance : 400577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sharif@Forged Posted at 2017-4-13 03:31
alright...who's going first this time.

not me {:4_142:}
2017-4-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

I noticed we still get the Air Encoder Error 00001 when powering up with out a camera attached.  No errors however when a camera is attached.
2017-4-13
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

no speed test yet viper pilot?

John
2017-4-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Haven't had a chance to try a speed test yet.
2017-4-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

ISO lock is for dynamic range reasons. This feature is in many pro rigs elsewhere too. There are places in this website that talk about it....
I think the ISO choice was determined by some users wanting to pull out shadow detail with less noise (than if you used 200). You'll lose out in the highlights probably but how often do you want to film clouds?
2017-4-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Viper Pilot Posted at 2017-4-13 12:52
I noticed we still get the Air Encoder Error 00001 when powering up with out a camera attached.  No errors however when a camera is attached.

The air encoder error message means 'no camera signal' ....
2017-4-13
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Great job DJ !

Particularly like this one:
Added an option to control gimbal pan by holding the C1 button and rotating the control dial in Follow Mode'

And obviously you listened to customers who got spooked by gimbal noises at startup:
Reduced high-frequency vibration after gimbal self-checking.
2017-4-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
United States

Definitely!  And also kudos to DJI for 'fixing' what ever it was that was bugging the 3rd party apps like Autopilot and Litchi.  Glad they are usable again.
2017-4-14
Use props
allanart
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1050577 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Upgraded Aircraft and Go4 App to latest new versions - all went smoothly and system working well.
No more nasty noise on gimbal start-up.
I'm happy!
Allan
2017-4-14
Use props
wild giles
lvl.3
Flight distance : 908094 ft
Canada

With this latest firmware I was able to get 106km/h in sport mode. a10km/h tailwind.
2017-4-14
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

wild giles Posted at 2017-4-14 14:36
With this latest firmware I was able to get 106km/h in sport mode. a10km/h tailwind.

Thank God...... I was getting depressed.
2017-4-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules