Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Talk Inspire 2 New Firmware (3/2)
709 1 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gybo102
First Officer
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

LOTS on the firmware list... lets discuss...
Ill start with ISO locked ay 500 when using DLOG: Anyone have any thoughts on this one? I persionally dont like the fact that I am FORCED to use a higher ISO. Unless there is a benifit that out weighs the noise we may get. Better dynamic range? Even then... I feel we could be informed of what the benifit is for ISO 500... and let us still have the option to change our iso. Is it maybe to hide an issue at lower ISO?

2017-3-2
Use props
raven4
First Officer
Flight distance : 86194 ft
United States

Just my .02.....the implication of any log exposure gamma is that quantum exposure values are shifted from the shadows to the highlights. That increases the noise in the shadows, where there isn't much data, to the highlights, where there is much more data. Consistent with the re-allocation of data values to the highlights, there is an associated increase in ISO. Shooting log is a lot like shooting film, where EV is used to push or pull process the film in developing. So, if one uses EV values to over or under expose up to +2EV or -2EV, thats the equivalent of having ISO values of 125(-2EV), 250(-1EV), 500(0EV), 1000(+1EV) and 2000(+2EV). Then post process for the push or pull.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules