Mavic pro nearly drifted away
1109 9 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4599d53c
New

Ireland

Hi, so yesterday I got thrilled by my Mavic, it happens second time so this time I'm writing here as I dnt know what to do, or it has to be replaced , so far I would not recommend mavic to anyone, and get P4PRO  instead. Ok so here what happened , I started my mavic in urban
Area but over river so all safe, it was windy message about wind popped , but it was ok it was stable
It hovered very stable than I started flying along the river i had lost gps few times but only for few seconds  , everything was fine then I got back after a while it started drifting
To the left but it was ok, I said to
Myself it has to be wind, I've landed no problems. Then after maybe 5 min break , I did exactly same thing and what happened next it got me nearly heart attack , mavic started drifting by itself I had no control I tryied put home return - NOTHING ! I was nearly sure I'm going to loose it. But I was afraid it's going to hit a building or something , than after a while I was able to control it I was trying to fly it back where I was, I pressed home return and it worked, BUT ! When it was landing it started drifting away back and side just above a ground , I dnt know what's wrong DJI but for sure something is wrong I read few topics and ppl had same problem.
2017-3-3
Use props
Shapelizer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12562 ft
Norway

Thanks for sharing. I had a similar episode but I ended up crashing (no damage to people). Contacted support and they told me to downgrade to the previous firmware. Did so, but havnt had the time to test yet. This was not a problem before I installed the latest firmware. Let me know if you find something out.
2017-3-3
Use props
fans4599d53c
New

Ireland

I hope they have solution for this because I did not spend that money to crash it... I need it for work. But seriously I'm thinking to get rid of t now and get p4pro.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please help confirm the firmware version for your Mavic.
You have done all the calibration, and fly it in suitable environment, but you are always faced with the same case?
Please sync your flight records and send an e-mail to support@dji.com, we can help you analyze it.
2017-3-3
Use props
Vasco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5427717 ft
Greece

What was your firmware version ?
2017-3-3
Use props
fans4599d53c
New

Ireland

Hello! My firmware was updated recently I'll check when I reach home, I'll send you my flight logs of course but your support via email is terrible , I still did not get my mavic pro bag strap which I did not receive with my mavic and the bag. I'll do everything later on and let you all know how it ended, I know DJI can say ooo there was too much wind and ooo it's urban area so metal objects... but it's not the answer why it nearly got lost, my friend was flying p3 same conditions and same route and everything was good... I read few topics about calibrating IMU... but I did it before so I have no idea and yes my compass was calibrated I even calibrated controller to make sure...
2017-3-3
Use props
fans4599d53c
New

Ireland

That's the video... seriously I'm lucky it ended like this... but one of the propeller is gone ... as it hit wall at the end, you will see everything on video
2017-3-3
Use props
fans4599d53c
New

Ireland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-3 02:46
Please help confirm the firmware version for your Mavic.
You have done all the calibration, and fly it in suitable environment, but you are always faced with the same case?
Please sync your flight records and send an e-mail to , we can help you analyze it.

Hi my firmware version is V01.03.0500
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fans4599d53c Posted at 2017-3-3 04:38
That's the video... seriously I'm lucky it ended like this... but one of the propeller is gone ... as it hit wall at the end, you will see everything on video

We do suggest you to send it in, please feel free to contact our tech support to create a case number: http://www.dji.com/support/product
Besides, for the bag issue, would you please let me know your ticket number? I'll help you look into the case and try to get it sorted out as soon as possible. Very sorry for the trouble.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans4a1903cd
New

United States

Same thing more or less happened to me last night but it resulted in a lost mavic. Minor wind, flying fine with great connection and all of a sudden I can't control anything and even though it just loaded its home point the RTH was sending the aircraft further away. Email DJI this morning so we will see what happens. Kind of sour about this, what an unpleasant experience.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules