Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alejandrocif
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

The new app for iOS (4.0.5) says:

Mavic:
Added support for simultaneous control of aircraft by Primary and Secondary remote controllers

Anyone know how to use that feature?
Best regards,
Alejandro C.
2017-3-3
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

Have a look on the updated user manual.
2017-3-3
Use props
alejandrocif
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4241083 ft
Chile

b0n3 Posted at 2017-3-3 03:58
Have a look on the updated user manual.

Thanks!!! The app show the old manual, but on the web page, the new manual explain it (Page 37), and it's real a two controllers operation!
2017-3-3
Use props
b0n3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
United Kingdom

alejandrocif Posted at 2017-3-3 04:07
Thanks!!! The app show the old manual, but on the web page, the new manual explain it (Page 37), and it's real a two controllers operation!

Feel like you have an Inspire
2017-3-3
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

alejandrocif Posted at 2017-3-3 04:07

Good information to know.  I'm still going through the updated (3/2/17) manual.

Interestingly, the Apple app store didn't have Go 4.0.5 until today.  I did the firmware upgrade yesterday, then began reading the new manual.  There were functions documented (like Active Track Profile) that I couldn't find in the app.  I haven't opened Go 4.0.5, but the release notes indicate Profile has been added.  I'm curious is Spotlight and Trace are back, or if they are handled in other ways.

Thanks for referencing the page number with the functionality you discovered......
2017-3-3
Use props
Marvin Verbeek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1357923 ft
Netherlands

I'm interested in the option primary and secondary controller function for dji mavic pro. Don't know why the option is there but if anyone has a review of explenation about it. I like to know it
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Marvin Verbeek Posted at 2017-3-3 15:03
I'm interested in the option primary and secondary controller function for dji mavic pro. Don't know why the option is there but if anyone has a review of explenation about it. I like to know it

It's fpretty much a training tool so someone can fly the Mavic with the slave controller and the Master can take over at any time.
2017-3-3
Use props
JENGLE
New

United States

It's more than a training tool according to the manual.  One person can navigate using one controller, and another person can control the camera using the second controller.  At least that's how I read it.  Would love to see a review using the two controllers for the different functions.
2017-3-3
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 19:40
It's fpretty much a training tool so someone can fly the Mavic with the slave controller and the Master can take over at any time.

Does controller #2 need to be linked to the Mavic in the same physical manner as controller #1?  Still concerned with the wireless link's security moving into the future.
2017-3-3
Use props
dustout
lvl.2
United States

So this would allow for two screens showing what the camera sees? That is really cool for flying with friends.
2017-3-13
Use props
UrfcuCwGbl9G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6519 ft
United States

I've got a follow up with this. If it is possible to link two separate controllers, and if it is possible to control a Mavic with a phone or tablet, would it be possible to have a master controller and a slave tablet? Or are 2 physical controllers required?
2017-3-20
Use props
gangle
lvl.1
United States

I've had a lot of experience with Inspires and I have to say that 2 controllers make the job of pilot and video operator the only way. For Inspire or Mavic Pro, one person video can be very good, but if video is mission critical,  it requires either a pilot with incredible skill and dexterity or 2 operators. I hate to admit it, but I'm not that incredible pilot yet...My Mavic, in my opinion is a miracle though. The Mavic camera isn't X5 quality but it's very very good!
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules