Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJIO GO APP 4.0.5 IOS - Gesture and Terrain Follow Mode
12Next >
4435 58 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just in case you havcen't noticed, the latest release of DJI GO for iOS adds Gesture and Terrain Follow mode to the P4. I haven't been able to test it yet but will test Tomorrow
2017-3-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I didn't see that in the update notes, will be interesting to try out later though Thanks for the info!
2017-3-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just spotted it here, I can't see any mention in the notes on P4 improvements though, thanks for the info'.
2017-3-3
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-3 05:39
Just spotted it here, I can't see any mention in the notes on P4 improvements though, thanks for the info'.

Also an option to disable motor shutdown in flight (they insist on still labelling it 'CSC'), so that should limit the amount of 'drop from sky' posts . That's in 'Main Controller Settings'/'Advanced Settings'. In saying that I cant enable it as yet, perhaps aircraft needs to be flying to set it (or not available on P4 ???).

Also noticed C1 and C2 buttons customisable in 'Aircraft Status' drop down.

And 'App Database'  version now added to 'About'.

2017-3-3
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

Does the update include tripod mode?
Edit -> is see the answer here : http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

I tested it as a beta tester over a month ago.  You'll like it!
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

There are mixed reports on what is happening. Most just have terrain and gesture. Only one lucky chap so far has access to tripod. Anyone else???
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-3 08:08
I tested it as a beta tester over a month ago.  You'll like it!

Now the cat is halfway out the bag, can you clarify exactly what features we should be expecting?
2017-3-3
Use props
Mariuss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2480515 ft
  • >>>
Norway

P4 or P4P?
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-3-3 08:18
Now the cat is halfway out the bag, can you clarify exactly what features we should be expecting?

On my Phantom 4 there are Normal, Draw, Gesture, ActiveTrack, TapFly, Tripod, Terrain Follow, Point of Interest, Follow Me Mode, Waypoints, Home Lock and Course Lock.  But remember, those of us who upgraded to the beta firmware on the aircraft Version 02.00.0012 could no longer downgrade so we are still running that firmware even though the additional features dissappeared once the beta test was over.  My point is, that if some of you aren't seeing all the features mentioned above, that might be the reason.  Hope that makes sense.

--Jim
Burbank, CA
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Any chance the precision landing is hiding somewhere in there?
2017-3-3
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-3 08:51
On my Phantom 4 there are Normal, Draw, Gesture, ActiveTrack, TapFly, Tripod, Terrain Follow, Point of Interest, Follow Me Mode, Waypoints, Home Lock and Course Lock.  But remember, those of us who upgraded to the beta firmware on the aircraft Version 02.00.0012 could no longer downgrade so we are still running that firmware even though the additional features dissappeared once the beta test was over.  My point is, that if some of you aren't seeing all the features mentioned above, that might be the reason.  Hope that makes sense.

--Jim

Jim Watkins:

Only for iOS? Or is Android on the menu as well?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-3 08:56
Jim Watkins:

Only for iOS? Or is Android on the menu as well?

I have only tried IOS.  Using an Ipad Air 2.
2017-3-3
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-3 09:02
I have only tried IOS.  Using an Ipad Air 2.

Jim Watkins:

Thanks,

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-3
Use props
manfredo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1891142 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I haven't been able to test Gesture and Terrain Follow Mode, but I've read reports stating that while available, those features do not work just yet. This makes sense as it probably requires a firmware update as well. I believe this is good news indicating imminent release of the new firmware
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

manfredo Posted at 2017-3-3 09:09
I haven't been able to test Gesture and Terrain Follow Mode, but I've read reports stating that while available, those features do not work just yet. This makes sense as it probably requires a firmware update as well. I believe this is good news indicating imminent release of the new firmware

DJI... being a stick tease
2017-3-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

I tried them and they wouldn't do anything.. Only change the camera setting to active track mode. I looked like a dork out there waving my arms lmao!
2017-3-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

I will say with all the new firmware updates going around and now the app update.. I think it will be any day or hour before we get our new firmware update.
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-3-3 08:55
Any chance the precision landing is hiding somewhere in there?

Precision landing does work on my P4.
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-3 13:55

HELL YEAH!
2017-3-3
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

YEAH!? Awesome news - thanks
2017-3-3
Use props
Phantom Robin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 128839 ft
Belgium

oh yes, that's great news!
2017-3-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

I can't report on precision landing mode, but I can tell you that OA turns off automatically now at night.. Sent her up to record the sunset, on the way back down was guiding her in for a landing and was very sensitive to stick input.. So now, when you see a red indicator on OA it really means it turned off.. Excellent!! I look forward to checking out the possible precision landing feature tomorrow..

JUST A SIDENOTE.. With all these new features coming to the P4 standard, could it be that they are ready to roll out the P5 that has even MORE advanced features? I was about to bite the bullet and get the P4P but now I am doing my best to hold off.. Opinions are welcome..
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-3 11:08
I tried them and they wouldn't do anything.. Only change the camera setting to active track mode. I looked like a dork out there waving my arms lmao!

You need to jump up and down and then turn 360 degrees clock wise and then it will work!
2017-3-3
Use props
Jim Watkins
lvl.4
United States

I REALLY wish we could get some documentation of these new features such as the AO turning off at night.  We really need to know what's new and exactly how it works.

--Jim
Burbank, CA
2017-3-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Jim Watkins Posted at 2017-3-4 07:57
I REALLY wish we could get some documentation of these new features such as the AO turning off at night.  We really need to know what's new and exactly how it works.

--Jim

Yes considering that when that is off it changes the reaction of the AC considerably.. I would have hated to see a newer user trying to bring it in for a landing under those conditions.. It caught me off guard, luckily I have been flying for a while now and was able to deal with it..
2017-3-4
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-4 08:14
Yes considering that when that is off it changes the reaction of the AC considerably.. I would have hated to see a newer user trying to bring it in for a landing under those conditions.. It caught me off guard, luckily I have been flying for a while now and was able to deal with it..

What is "OA"?
2017-3-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Obstacle avoidance..  When the light level is too low, it is not able to "see" in front of it accurately.. I am ASSUMING they turn it off automatically in order for the AC to save battery power..  Another possibility is to keep the error message of the sensors are blocked from popping up over and over which I have seen in the past..
2017-3-4
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-4 09:47
Obstacle avoidance..  When the light level is too low, it is not able to "see" in front of it accurately.. I am ASSUMING they turn it off automatically in order for the AC to save battery power..  Another possibility is to keep the error message of the sensors are blocked from popping up over and over which I have seen in the past..

Obstacle Avoidance has never worked in low light conditions nor VPS as far as I'm aware. Both of which need to be able to 'see' to work on the P4.

As indicated by the icon to the right of the Satellite icon (Visual Navigations Settings) turning Red when not enough light.
2017-3-4
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Completely off topic. I had some serious OA and VPS issues when I got my P4 (second hand). It bounced like mad as soon as I brough it in for landing. It would literally bounce off the ground, 12 ft in the air then back down again. DJI released a new version of the Assistant and somehow the new calibration patterns brought it in line.

Would be great to know it won't interfere with low light flying.

The last hurrah for P4 updates - can't wait
2017-3-4
Use props
Dnerve
lvl.3
Flight distance : 523799 ft
Ireland

Also heard of smarter RTH; Was it the case on the beta release?
2017-3-4
Use props
dirtdroner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3633799 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-4 10:33
Obstacle Avoidance has never worked in low light conditions nor VPS as far as I'm aware. Both of which need to be able to 'see' to work on the P4.

As indicated by the icon to the right of the Satellite icon (Visual Navigations Settings) turning Red when not enough light.

Same as my experience too. Never worked in the dark.
2017-3-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-3-4 10:33

Very true, but now it actually turns it off (I am assuming) because the aircraft performs like it is turned off even though in Go it shows that it is still turned off.
2017-3-4
Use props
Esc4p3
lvl.1

Philippines

hi guys just a quick question, Do I need a mobile data or internet connection to fly a DJI phantom Drone? thanks
2017-3-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Esc4p3 Posted at 2017-3-4 19:24
hi guys just a quick question, Do I need a mobile data or internet connection to fly a DJI phantom Drone? thanks

You need internet to register it and activate it.. after that no.. But what fun would that be...
2017-3-4
Use props
Håkan K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 262946 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-3-4 22:28
You need internet to register it and activate it.. after that no.. But what fun would that be...

You might want to cache the maps in beforehand though.
2017-3-5
Use props
jbosca
lvl.1
Flight distance : 722815 ft
Spain

I tried today and doesn't work. It's appear in the app, but I think we will have to wait until new firmware update.
2017-3-5
Use props
kugaman1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3691 ft
United Kingdom

jbosca Posted at 2017-3-5 09:12
I tried today and doesn't work. It's appear in the app, but I think we will have to wait until new firmware update.

Did you do the firmware update that appeared a few days ago? Ive done it but not had a chance to try it yet.
2017-3-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United States

kugaman1 Posted at 2017-3-5 10:57
Did you do the firmware update that appeared a few days ago? Ive done it but not had a chance to try it yet.

For the P4?? Don't this so pal. There are a few thousand of us sat here waiting for it. You sure you're not confusing firmware (software embedded into the hardware/bird) with software (the app, which was updated on Friday)?
2017-3-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United States

I'm taking bets on tomorrow. 3/1. Who's in??
2017-3-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules