12Next >
5499 78 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

Hello All

I dont normally do this but I just have to share my experience and rant a bit!!!!!!

I live in Toronto, Canada and bought the DJI care
I finally received my Mavic in mid Jan this yr after waiting for it for a while.

Me and the wife bought this because we tried our friends Drones ( phantom and mavic )  a numbers of times and just love it.  Decided to get one for our coming trip in march (today) and for summer time in Canada.

The Mavic was great and we had no problem flying and using all the functions ( friend loan his mavic for us to get use to for a month).   On Feb 6 our 3rd or 4th fly with our drone,  durning landing the drone it was about 0.2 - 0.1 meter off the ground one of the propeller touched a wall and the mavic flipped upside down and landed.  very very minor crash did not look if anything happened other then changing out the propellers not even any major scratchs,  but while it was upside down on the ground the mavic keep speeding up and it will not turn off and i ended up pull the battery out to turn off.  I got home and checked, everything are functioning but no picture feed! (i have the dome on and the gimble are moving with the controllor)  is the mavic this fragile?  does not look it on all the videos  I have seen.

ok here is the service rant!
WORST service I had yet in after sale I ever experience!  you think you pay premium for DJI not only for the products, also for theservicee.

Feb 8
I email DJI and waited 48hr and no one got back to me.

Feb 10
i called DJI and the lady on the phone told me to try calibrate the drone.
i did not think that was the problem but did it anyways.   did not change anything.

Feb 13
Call back and they say i will get a RMA# for a return and will put a rush on it (BS)

Feb 15
i got the RMA nad shipped the Drone back same day

Feb 22
they received it at DJI

March 3
They have not even open the drone for assessment
on the site it say it will be unpack after 1 working day!  been OVER a week now

I have been on the chat a few times not and it did not go no where.   "we will put in a request and someone will get bak to you with in 24-48 hr"...  waited 48hr and no on got back to me.

I am out of a drone for almost a month now and still dont know when it will start the assessment.  Feeling that my case will close after the 30day because it will close itself after 30 days.
Going at this rate i will be back from my trip and a new drone will come out before I get this one back. and they will mark 1/2 DJI care off.  2K in this drone and only took it out 3 times for testing before the trip and no drone for the trip.

Anyone else having bad service from DJI?  or I am just unlucky.

thanks for your time.

-k

2017-3-3
Use props
fans8459cc69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1604 ft
Canada

I agree man, they are selling $3000 items and cant provide a better service team... people are running businesses and need support . Someone in china can send a $2.oo item 20 minuits after ya pay for it. And the wait time on the phone is unreal. Spend some money on staff and quality of service..
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Really sorry for the unpleasant experience, Ken.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to escalate the case for you.
2017-3-4
Use props
ianaiken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23934 ft
United Kingdom

Yes having the same issues. 3 days and still waiting for someone to provide an RMA number and I am dreading the fact that this is just the start of the process. Keep repeatedly getting asked the same questions over and over again and to provide proof of purchase multiple times (even though ordered direct). What's worse is that I spent 1.5 hours on two chats to be told things that were not true, like the chat's were saved under my account for one thing. Absolutely shocking.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

ianaiken Posted at 2017-3-7 08:24
Yes having the same issues. 3 days and still waiting for someone to provide an RMA number and I am dreading the fact that this is just the start of the process. Keep repeatedly getting asked the same questions over and over again and to provide proof of purchase multiple times (even though ordered direct). What's worse is that I spent 1.5 hours on two chats to be told things that were not true, like the chat's were saved under my account for one thing. Absolutely shocking.

The prior post was asking for the case#.
What is the case# and I will see what's going on.
2017-3-7
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

No, you are not alone.
There are many many cases like you.
In fact my case is twice as bad as yours as I am still waiting for my 2nd DOA replacement after months of waiting.
I am seeking legal advise now to see if we can be protected by any consumer rights law from rogue traders like dji.
2017-3-7
Use props
ianaiken
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 08:45

Hi DJI-Ken Mine is ticket number #452266. I'm totally disappointed I wish I had not bought it. I paid for it on the 6th it was delivered on the 16th Feb first flight on the 18th. Worked brilliantly until latest firmware on the 3rd March and the RC will not connect to mobile and only connects to PC intermittently. My devices work on my friends RC no problem. I'm told since I am over 15 days that there is no replacement, even though I am over by literally 2 days. The fault is with DJI and the update. My original order is even not fully fulfilled either still waiting on filters.

I first contacted support on chat on Friday 3rd March. After 1 hour of troubleshooting I was told that I needed to contact pre-sales for a replacement. I asked for a copy of the chat and they said it was fine they are saved to my account. This was a lie. Pre-sales couldn't help and asked me to email. So I did. They then said to email EU support. So I did, not sure why they couldn't pass on the case?

I've been asked for proof of purchase 2 times in the same ticket, and I even bought it direct from DJI in their own store! So I've submitted two screenshots for this, one yesterday to Kevin and one today to Apple. Apple said if my claim was beyond 14 days (hang on a minute I thought it was 15???) that he would pass me to someone else. Oh great, at least he can SOLVE the ticket and close it until I reply. Maybe that's how he gets paid?

I have been asked to repeat the problem now 3 or even 4 times. This is end of day 3 and I am no where forward. I keep getting asked the same questions. Also I was told that the unit needed to be inspected for misuse? Misuse by having to apply a FW update. Come on!

Seriously looking at distant selling regulations and also VISA protection now if this doesn't move especially after seeing all the other people have had bad experiences with service especially caused by FW update.

Yours in desperation,

Ian
2017-3-7
Use props
ianaiken
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wandering Cloud Posted at 2017-3-7 08:53
No, you are not alone.
There are many many cases like you.
In fact my case is twice as bad as yours as I am still waiting for my 2nd DOA replacement after months of waiting.

I found this on another post.

In the UK we have some great stuff, its applying the correct method of remedy that's the problem.
But like with the distance selling regulations, Dji sell in the UK so are covered by this or more importantly your payment provider (bank, card provider etc..) is obligated under this for 2 years.
Very easy to get your money back if needed and all is legit.  warranty for 1 year, no probs.......

Sales of goods act.1979
All goods must be:
•as described
•of satisfactory quality and
•fit for purpose

If they're not, the retailer is in breach of contract and you have a claim under the Sale of Goods Act
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ianaiken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:52
Hi DJI-Ken Mine is ticket number #452266. I'm totally disappointed I wish I had not bought it. I paid for it on the 6th it was delivered on the 16th Feb first flight on the 18th. Worked brilliantly until latest firmware on the 3rd March and the RC will not connect to mobile and only connects to PC intermittently. My devices work on my friends RC no problem. I'm told since I am over 15 days that there is no replacement, even though I am over by literally 2 days. The fault is with DJI and the update. My original order is even not fully fulfilled either still waiting on filters.

I first contacted support on chat on Friday 3rd March. After 1 hour of troubleshooting I was told that I needed to contact pre-sales for a replacement. I asked for a copy of the chat and they said it was fine they are saved to my account. This was a lie. Pre-sales couldn't help and asked me to email. So I did. They then said to email EU support. So I did, not sure why they couldn't pass on the case?

Ian,
I'm sorry for your frustration, I see the notes in your ticket.
I've forward this on to management and they should be getting in touch with you.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ian Aiken
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 14:02
Ian,
I've forward this on to management and they should be getting in touch with you.

Thanks DJI-Ken I appreciate it.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

ianaiken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:56
I found this on another post.

In the UK we have some great stuff, its applying the correct method of remedy that's the problem.

That is incorrect information for DJI.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Ian Aiken Posted at 2017-3-7 14:05
Thanks DJI-Ken I appreciate it.

No problem, it will get sorted out.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ian Aiken
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 14:05
That is incorrect information for DJI.

It would only be the protection by VISA which is valid according to the UK citizens advice bureau who actually state it's probably easier that way if the trader external to the EU if not fit for purpose. Distant selling regulations would not apply to DJI, so yes you're right. Of course, the need for this and the specific situation play a factor.

I know this doesn't help the original OP.
2017-3-7
Use props
mavic727
New

United States

illus-ken.....My experience is just like yours!!...The chats are a joke..I also purchased DJI Refresh Care.. I sent my Aircraft back for a crazy gimbal issue, which was a known problem. Many  Mavics had same issues according to internet post. DJI received my Mavic on 03/01/17 and I am still waiting for them to assess what is wrong with it....THEY KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!>>THEY ARE NOT HONORING OUR REFRESH CARE WHICH WE PAID FOR BY REPLACING OUR AIRCRAFT..This company seems to be shady!!!...I cannot even find a phone number to call to inquire!!!... Cannot believe it!!!...I have gotten nowhere with them...I will be seeking legal council and filing a complaint with PAYPAL is I do not here or see something being done with my drone soon!!
2017-3-8
Use props
Wandering Cloud
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839633 ft
United Kingdom

Ian Aiken Posted at 2017-3-7 14:43
It would only be the protection by VISA which is valid according to the UK citizens advice bureau who actually state it's probably easier that way if the trader external to the EU if not fit for purpose. Distant selling regulations would not apply to DJI, so yes you're right. Of course, the need for this and the specific situation play a factor.

I know this doesn't help the original OP.

Sale of goods Act 1979
You are covered, just have to take them to court.

Or complain to your credit company, they have to help you look into your case. I am using AMEX and they are on it now.
2017-3-9
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-4 03:07
Really sorry for the unpleasant experience, Ken.
Could you please provide me with your case number? I'll help to escalate the case for you.

CAS-451860-Z0G1Y6
2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 08:45

CAS-451860-Z0G1Y6
2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 14:02
Ian,

CAS-451860-Z0G1Y6
2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

every steps need me to contact DJI to move to the next.  the only payment part was the step that was quick and automatic !!!!!!!
2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

mavic727 Posted at 2017-3-8 17:43
illus-ken.....My experience is just like yours!!...The chats are a joke..I also purchased DJI Refresh Care.. I sent my Aircraft back for a crazy gimbal issue, which was a known problem. Many  Mavics had same issues according to internet post. DJI received my Mavic on 03/01/17 and I am still waiting for them to assess what is wrong with it....THEY KNOW WHATS WRONG!!!>>THEY ARE NOT HONORING OUR REFRESH CARE WHICH WE PAID FOR BY REPLACING OUR AIRCRAFT..This company seems to be shady!!!...I cannot even find a phone number to call to inquire!!!... Cannot believe it!!!...I have gotten nowhere with them...I will be seeking legal council and filing a complaint with PAYPAL is I do not here or see something being done with my drone soon!!

yeah they asked me to pay $79us after looking at it... at this point i just want my drone and not sure what the refresh is for?   i thought refresh is to get a new one and not have it repair    my drone is sooo new have maybe 3 min flight time... what if i get a refurbish one back?   sooo MAD   worst purchased ever!

btw, already back from the trip!  why did i buy this drone!
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

mavic727 Posted at 2017-3-8 17:48

What is your case$ and I will look into this for you.
And there's nothing shady about DJI, if you want to call customer support, the number is 818-235-0789.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Your Mavic should be coming back to you this week.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-15 05:58
yeah they asked me to pay $79us after looking at it... at this point i just want my drone and not sure what the refresh is for?   i thought refresh is to get a new one and not have it repair    my drone is sooo new have maybe 3 min flight time... what if i get a refurbish one back?   sooo MAD   worst purchased ever!

btw, already back from the trip!  why did i buy this drone!

If it's a warranty repair they repair or replace your aircraft depending on the extent of damage.
If you use Care Refresh, then you are sent a replacement aircraft.
2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-15 06:05
If it's a warranty repair they repair or replace your aircraft depending on the extent of damage.
If you use Care Refresh, then you are sent a replacement aircraft.

so do you know what i am getting back?
a repair or a replacement?

i have DJI care but not sure if they used it or not...  that is what i am trying to express that poor communication.   thanks

could you please look in to it DJI-KEN?
thanks
2017-3-15
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361814 ft
United Kingdom

Case No.
CAS-469596-J3L4T7
I have a problem with my drone repair. It's taking way too long - a month. since 8th of March it stuck and won't move on. I am so unhappy with this situation. I don't have my drone and warranty time is running out while I don't enjoy the drone.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-15 11:55
so do you know what i am getting back?
a repair or a replacement?

A replacement.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

szuler Posted at 2017-3-15 12:48
Case No.
CAS-469596-J3L4T7
I have a problem with my drone repair. It's taking way too long - a month. since 8th of March it stuck and won't move on. I am so unhappy with this situation. I don't have my drone and warranty time is running out while I don't enjoy the drone.

I've inquired about your case. But I also see you've already contacted support today.
They told you they would escalate the case and email you when they get status.
2017-3-15
Use props
Tony_Automated
New
Tanzania

\Hi Guys, Tony Here from Tanzaania. I just run into a problem today,

Please see the image attached. The problem on the gimbal connector wire occurred right after installing the new mavic firmware, after that i changed the battery and replaced with the other battery for an update too.

After finishing updating the other battery, all i saw was fume from the mavic. I immediately removed the battery from the mavic. After a time, i replaced back the battery, and everything was working well except the phone software reports the gimbal isn't working. and as from the photo i suspected that was the issue.

Please see if you have any intel on the issue, why it happened, and if there is any solution available.
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... jFXQVVaZzBaV0FzYlFJ

2017-3-15
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-15 13:57
I've inquired about your case. But I also see you've already contacted support today.
They told you they would escalate the case and email you when they get status.

I did not contact support today.. i contact support every week when it is sitting at a stage.   mean while on the site says 3-4 days...  either way  my question is  " am i getting a repair or a replace? "
2017-3-16
Use props
NikB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 130610 ft
United Kingdom

One thing that would be very helpful would be genuine regular updates and actual timelines. Mine is due for replacement but I can't get anything other than a vague answer. Surely someone knows when new stock will be arriving to replace the crashed drones? I appreciate lots of us have crashed the drones and ideally shouldn't have but the level of service being received currently does not match that which is advertised. Please keep people updated better. Regards.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-16 08:07
I did not contact support today.. i contact support every week when it is sitting at a stage.   mean while on the site says 3-4 days...  either way  my question is  " am i getting a repair or a replace? "

I've posted already, for DJI Care Refresh you get a replacement aircraft.
2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Tony_Automated Posted at 2017-3-15 14:57
\Hi Guys, Tony Here from Tanzaania. I just run into a problem today,

Please see the image attached. The problem on the gimbal connector wire occurred right after installing the new mavic firmware, after that i changed the battery and replaced with the other battery for an update too.

That is very strange that a firmware update would cause this. You will have to contact supprt and send it in for repair.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-3-16
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.2
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

similar experience here unfortunately ... had the Mavic for 6 weeks (wished it broke within 30 days as I would have returned it to the seller)
- opened a call with DJI - issue was image blur as well as ultrasonic module error
- was requested to be sent to the Netherlands -
- got received, assessed
-  got the quote
- has been handed to repairs and no status update for 8 days since
- jumped on the chat - was told its in repairs however no status update for 8 days as mentioned ...

unfortunately I was under the impression that by buying the DJI Care Refresh also regular/warranty support would be expedited which doesnt seem to be the case - looking at it, I probably should have just paid the £79 to get a new/refurbished one instead but I thought its under warranty so why pay to get it repaired if its not your fault ...

pretty poor support experience so far - I wish they had a local, 3rd party support center that would deliver their services - would potentially work better but they chose not to make all spare parts available so this is out of the picture as well ... if this experience drags on like others reported - received their "repaired" Mavic and it still had faults, I can see myself returning it another 2 times which will take up to May by the looks of it and then return the Mavic for a refund if this goes on like this - I really hope this isnt necessary but I can already see the writing on the wall ...
2017-3-16
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Where to complain about DJI service repair?! Any advice?

Case No.
CAS-469596-J3L4T7
I have a problem with my drone repair. It's taking way too long - a month. since 8th of March it stuck and won't move on. I am so unhappy with this situation. I don't have my drone and warranty time is running out while I don't enjoy the drone. Still not HELP from DJI

Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 15.23.56.png
2017-3-17
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-16 08:35
That is very strange that a firmware update would cause this. You will have to contact supprt and send it in for repair.
http://www.dji.com/support

DJI -KEN  please tell me why it is taking so long to ship it if it is a replacement?
payment of $79 US was received on Mar/06/2017
and on the repair trace detail been sitting at "UNDER REPAIR"

this is over 10 days sitting at under repair.  please explain
Replace shut not take 10 day to ship it out i imagine

thanks
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

szuler Posted at 2017-3-17 07:25
Where to complain about DJI service repair?! Any advice?

Your Mavic was received in on March 6th so it has not been a month. I've forwarded your case to management.
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-17 08:12
DJI -KEN  please tell me why it is taking so long to ship it if it is a replacement?
payment of $79 US was received on Mar/06/2017
and on the repair trace detail been sitting at "UNDER REPAIR"

I'm sorry if there's a delay, it will be sent out next week.
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 08:25
Your Mavic was received in on March 6th so it has not been a month. I've forwarded your case to management.

DJI received my dron not 6 of march  only 28 0f February  dji ken  Please do not lie.
Screen Shot 2017-03-17 at 17.13.39.png
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

szuler Posted at 2017-3-17 09:16
DJI received my dron not 6 of march  only 28 0f February  dji ken  Please do not lie.

The delivery truck may have dropped off your package on the 28th but your Mavic was received in on March 6th, just as the screenshot in your prior post states. It takes several days from when boxed are dropped off at the loading docks to be received in and moved through logistics to the correct departments.
Capture.JPG
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 09:28
The delivery truck may have dropped off your package on the 28th but your Mavic was received in on March 6th, just as the screenshot in your prior post states. It takes several days from when boxed are dropped off at the loading docks to be received in and moved through logistics to the correct departments.

this is ridiculous. transfer the parcel from point A to point B for a week.
2017-3-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules