Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Repair / Service / DJI care /Experience on my Mavic pro
123Next >
5471 80 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

szuler Posted at 2017-3-17 09:16
DJI received my dron not 6 of march  only 28 0f February  dji ken  Please do not lie.

The delivery truck may have dropped off your package on the 28th but your Mavic was received in on March 6th, just as the screenshot in your prior post states. It takes several days from when boxed are dropped off at the loading docks to be received in and moved through logistics to the correct departments.
Capture.JPG
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
Flight distance : 361814 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 09:28
The delivery truck may have dropped off your package on the 28th but your Mavic was received in on March 6th, just as the screenshot in your prior post states. It takes several days from when boxed are dropped off at the loading docks to be received in and moved through logistics to the correct departments.

this is ridiculous. transfer the parcel from point A to point B for a week.
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It means that for repair we will have to wait 2 months!
Congratulations DJI
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

szuler Posted at 2017-3-17 09:30

DJI is not like the delivery truck coming to your house and you answer the door and collect and open the package.
I don't know about the Netherlands but the US repair center is massive with several loading docks and trucks dropping off packages all day long. You have to understand this.And they are closed on weekends so it really only 4 full days.
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It means that for repair we will have to wait 2 months!
Congratulations DJI

2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

my drone is still in the repair of nine days, and is written 2-3 days
2017-3-17
Use props
fansaa3da6c4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347507 ft
United States

The repair process is a freaking long Chinese fire drill!  DJI does not CARE to improve it!
2017-3-17
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
Flight distance : 839055 ft
United Kingdom

Seeing your experience I went back and looked at the dji care agreement again which unfortunately doesn't have any statements with regards to service level agreements, turnaround times or else - but preferential treatment should look different ... at least I got a fifferent understanding- we do issue a new device to a customer anywhere in the world within 4hrs or face penalties - wishful thinking for dji I guess
2017-3-17
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What worries me is that: The duration of the repair is deducted from my warranty and is not extended. So by the inept and long repair I am wasting my time from my guarantee. DJI likes probably take as much as possible peoples guarantee.
2017-3-17
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

szuler Posted at 2017-3-17 09:36
my drone is still in the repair of nine days, and is written 2-3 days

obviously I am in the same boat .... cant say I like it - did chase it the other day as well via the chat option and was told I will receive an update on the case soon ... so far nothing has happened ...

delivered at their center

current - no process I would call it rather than progress

its ridiculous to say the least .. the Mavic was purchased in January 2017 ...

case: CAS-480633-L3V3G3
2017-3-19
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

What worries me is that: The duration of the repair is deducted from my warranty and is not extended. So by the inept and long repair I am wasting my time from my guarantee. DJI likes probably take as much as possible peoples guarantee.
2017-3-20
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-17 09:28

thanks for the screen shot DJI-Ken,   lets say it takes 1 week to pick up a package...  It is the 20th now!!!!!!!  that is WAY more than 3-4 days!!!!!   also if it is a replacement  what is DJI waiting for???
2017-3-20
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

My Mavic was delivered to DJI last Tuesday. It has not been even scanned. No status change since the shipping label was created.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-20 10:09
thanks for the screen shot DJI-Ken,   lets say it takes 1 week to pick up a package...  It is the 20th now!!!!!!!  that is WAY more than 3-4 days!!!!!   also if it is a replacement  what is DJI waiting for???

I'm sorry for the delay the repair shop had.
2017-3-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-3-19 15:03
obviously I am in the same boat .... cant say I like it - did chase it the other day as well via the chat option and was told I will receive an update on the case soon ... so far nothing has happened ...

Your aircraft was just shipped back to you, they emailed you the tracking number. It may take several hours to show on UPS.
2017-3-20
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-3-19 15:03

Wowowoww!! That is not what I wanted to see today!!! You have the same exactly time as I do!!!  WTF! Your damage was assessed in one day!!!! Only difference is that your was received before mine. Mine was received on the 13. But nothing has happen since....... I'm guessing it's just going to sit here.... Now the worst part for me is that DJI has gone radio silent. I wouldn't care much but they were answering questions here and there. They answered my PMs.... But now... nothing....
2017-3-20
Use props
Sumdiv
Captain
Flight distance : 163658 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been waiting since 3/3/17 still "Under Repair".  Maybe this week I can get lucky.  CAS-464639-S3X9L2
2017-3-20
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Funny enough I received an email today stating it has been posted - looking up the UPS tracking reveals its still unknown - so obviously it seems to have been packed/given a tracking number but it hasnt shipped at all as only when the pickup has been arranged you will be able to start trackinng with UPS usually ...
2017-3-20
Use props
Sumdiv
Captain
Flight distance : 163658 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, I guess there can be miracles.  I just got a shipping notice that my Mavic is on its way back home, after waiting since 3/3/17.  Can't wait to go flying again.
2017-3-20
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have been waiting since the end of February and still nothing. This is a scandal.
2017-3-20
Use props
szuler
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I bought DJI Mavic in January, one flight and broke down, one month in repair, why these drones break down.
2017-3-20
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-20 10:34
Your aircraft was just shipped back to you, they emailed you the tracking number. It may take several hours to show on UPS.

so its almost 24hrs later from when I received the notice that its being returned and the reference being supplied to me - I simply assume at this stage that the collection might take as long as the acceptance at the repair center as there is still no trace on UPSs system of this package ... luckily I got a buddy who works at UPS so I fired the tracking number across for validation - nothing on the system yet ... so not sure if the email was sent to calm people down who were complaining on the forum or if its legitimate but again applies to severe delays actually being collected/shipped from their facilities ... I can create a UPS tracking number any day and ship the actual package in 3 weeks ... tracking only becomes available when the acceptace scan happens which is usually 4-6hrs after collection depending on the route of collection itself ... so it might well be that my Mavic is still sitting somewhere in a loading bay at DJI.NL and hasnt actually been shipped or worse is still being loocked at but the return box has been prepared already ...
2017-3-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-3-21 03:54
so its almost 24hrs later from when I received the notice that its being returned and the reference being supplied to me - I simply assume at this stage that the collection might take as long as the acceptance at the repair center as there is still no trace on UPSs system of this package ... luckily I got a buddy who works at UPS so I fired the tracking number across for validation - nothing on the system yet ... so not sure if the email was sent to calm people down who were complaining on the forum or if its legitimate but again applies to severe delays actually being collected/shipped from their facilities ... I can create a UPS tracking number any day and ship the actual package in 3 weeks ... tracking only becomes available when the acceptace scan happens which is usually 4-6hrs after collection depending on the route of collection itself ... so it might well be that my Mavic is still sitting somewhere in a loading bay at DJI.NL and hasnt actually been shipped or worse is still being loocked at but the return box has been prepared already ...

I've sent a message inquiring about it.
2017-3-21
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-21 07:13
I've sent a message inquiring about it.

as I said previously - it wasnt issued at all, just got a notification from UPS that it now actually has been as well as estimated arrival time ... which means they have been notified for pick-up ..
2017-3-21
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United Kingdom

I completely agree that is ridiculous it takes 2 days to cross half of Europe then 6 days to move to the correct department???.
2017-3-21
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Come on guys, please use some respect and dignity here. The DJI shop is loaded down with warranty and non warranty repairs.DJI Ken is doing everything he can to help and should cut some slack on this post.
Yelling doesn't make matters any better. Let them do their job as the supply of Mavic drones are most likely the root cause. It will improve in time

Rich
2017-3-21
Use props
illus-ken
lvl.1

Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-21 10:27
Come on guys, please use some respect and dignity here. The DJI shop is loaded down with warranty and non warranty repairs.DJI Ken is doing everything he can to help and should cut some slack on this post.
Yelling doesn't make matters any better. Let them do their job as the supply of Mavic drones are most likely the root cause. It will improve in time

I received an email from DJI

"We owe you an apology for our delays in servicing your Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our process and systems, based largely on your feedback.
Ramping up production to full speed at top quality took longer than planned and as a result we are working diligently to meet the higher-than-anticipated demand for the Mavic Pro.
Even with round-the-clock production, we unfortunately cannot give specific delivery estimates for many Mavics shipping back.
DJI exists to put amazing technology and innovation into your hands, and we're sorry it's taking so long with Mavic Pro. Our internal systems haven't kept up with the enormous demand for our products, and your enthusiasm for our newest offering is spurring us to improve. We appreciate your understanding and are doing everything we can to get your Mavic Pro back to you as quickly as possible. We included free 2-Day shipping when it does ship as a courtesy.
Sincerely,
DJI"

guess what  they shipped it but shipping date was the march 20 and scheduled delivery is 28  
Let take out  2 days with the custom.  that is   that is still 6 days!        i just bought something from the state (not DJI) one Sunday and it was at my house on Monday night just saying.

please explain this 2 days free shipping!!!!   

Richj53  i was not  yelling here... i am just showing  facts and calling DJI out on their over promises.

2017-3-22
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-22 05:40
I received an email from DJI

"We owe you an apology for our delays in servicing your Mavic Pro. We want to thank you for your patience and also advise that we are looking into improving our process and systems, based largely on your feedback.

Hi Ken

You are correct that you stated the facts of your case in a professional manner. I should have directed my comments to some of the other posters that were chiming in (my bad)

I  would like to say my Mavic Pro has been away for repairs since Feb 16 ( blurry camera lens on the right side) and they shipped it out yesterday. So, I understand the frustrations you and others have experienced.  DJI Mindy and DJI Ken were very helpful and polite on the forum while we ask questions for our cases. For the most part the shop scheduling and repairs is outside there control.

They are trying to help all of us get answers or possibly get more information on the hold up.   Some people are so mad, that they take it out on anyone that will listen.  Although it is a lot of money for these products the situation is very difficult. These negative posts just to not help.

I have other aircraft to fly making it easier to wait for my Mavic to get repaired.  But I sold my P3P and P4 during the time my Mavic was at the shop. I just received the new P4P and waiting to try it out.

Hope you get you Mavic soon and everything works perfectly for you.

Rich

2017-3-22
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

{:4_154:} and adding another day to getting my Mavic back as DJI was unable to supply the correct address to UPS so the parcel has gone back to the depot ... I wonder why all the registration, accompanying documents etc if even such basic tasks fail to be executed correctly ... expected turnaround from opening the case, shipping and hopefully return tomorrow 31 days ...
2017-3-23
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

{:4_154:}
and again even though the address had been corrected UPS claims being unable to deliver the Mavic to my address - though they initially collected it from here - but I have already received the survey about the DJI support experience ...
EDIT:
called UPS - will be dalyed over the weekend - due to new drivers, no phones on the truck and other stupid excuses ...

called DJI to complain and to see if they can purse UPS to still delivering it today - response will most likely be next week ...

fuming to say the least ...

2017-3-24
Use props
Ian Aiken
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23934 ft
United Kingdom

illus-ken Posted at 2017-3-15 05:54
every steps need me to contact DJI to move to the next.  the only payment part was the step that was quick and automatic !!!!!!!

I think I am going to have this problem too. Ken helped and my returned controller was processed very quickly. I got an email to say:

Your case number is CAS-495427-C8B6J6 and your replacement is expected to be sent to you in 5 working days. I guess this missed this expectation because no sign of it yet. Granted, it has only just past 5 working days.
2017-3-24
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

received my replacement roughly an hour ago - after 34 days - 2 days no delivery as UPS was unable to deliver the package where they collected it initially due to driver stupidity ...

it claims to be new - new serial# - shows its been built on March 6th, still had partially stickers installed but unfortunately it already has wear/tear (straight out of the box) on the front bottom plate while my previous model was still in pristine condition (its actually almost impossible to get to these points as they are supposed to be raised in all normal handling positons) - my orignal ginbal clamp was also returned, so no new one - whats already obvious is the fan noise is different - seems to spin higher than previously as its louder than before - and its not firmware related it made a bag of noise from start even before upgrading the firmware ...  will need to check the camera tomorrow as its getting too dark already ...

whats concerning is that it has this wear already though it claims to be brand new - as mentioned it doesnt have all stickers on it which could be due to the claimed flight test on the repair receipt - however if this flight test caused this wear/tear the folks who do them must be treating the Mavics like ...

maybe I am a bit picky on this one but surely I will inspect in depth what I received back ..
2017-3-27
Use props
Mcdudeflut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 243753 ft
Netherlands

r4nd0m Posted at 2017-3-27 09:49
received my replacement roughly an hour ago - after 34 days - 2 days no delivery as UPS was unable to deliver the package where they collected it initially due to driver stupidity ...

it claims to be new - new serial# - shows its been built on March 6th, still had partially stickers installed but unfortunately it already has wear/tear (straight out of the box) on the front bottom plate while my previous model was still in pristine condition (its actually almost impossible to get to these points as they are supposed to be raised in all normal handling positons) - my orignal ginbal clamp was also returned, so no new one - whats already obvious is the fan noise is different - seems to spin higher than previously as its louder than before - and its not firmware related it made a bag of noise from start even before upgrading the firmware ...  will need to check the camera tomorrow as its getting too dark already ...

I understand your frustration.
But from my own experiences i can tell you that most people (99,9%) get a refurbished drone.
So "it claims to be brand new" is your own perception and just a DJI optical marketing illusion.

And it's so clever.
Cause worldwide there are a lot of local consumer protective Laws in which the manufacturer has an obligation to deliver a new item in case of a faulty product.
So a few new stickers, a new SN and a consumer who has to prove that the item is not new.
I say good luck and when the drone is good,....go fly with it.
2017-3-27
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-27 11:15
But from my own experiences i can tell you that most people (99,9%) get a refurbished drone.
So "it claims to be brand new" is your own perception and just a DJI optical marketing illusion.

That is scary... And I'm actually getting tired of this. I'm like this close to buying another drone. But why should I buy another drone.  They have 1400 dollars from. I did not expect it to be this bad. So many lies and BS practices.
2017-3-27
Use props
r4nd0m
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mcdudeflut Posted at 2017-3-27 11:15

the serial number decoder suggests it was manufactured on March 6th 2017 - which was 1 day prior to DJI confirming to having received my Mavic - so this lets assume these scratches have happened during the actual test and its not a refurbished Mavic ... as mentioned the only way to scratch the body in these areas is to keep the front legs folded to the side and to unfold the rear ones - then this area is actually exposed - alternatively placing the Mavic onto an uneven surface while the legs dont make contact with the surface ... hence incorrect handling assumption ...

I well know about consumer laws just elaborating on my experience ... model was purchased on Jan 13th 2017 so it still applies and no I am not supersticious ... the other issue I have is wont be able to retun it legally, as the original packaging was kept by DJI as I bought a fly more combo and used the origianl packaging to return it but received a smaller package back from DJI and not the orignal packaging ... but I doubt the store I bought it from would have an issue with it ...

edit: had  a few flights, checked the camera and general operation - looking good - camera looking equally sharp as well ... I might just keep it despite the bit of wear ...
2017-3-28
Use props
fans73c8473e
New
Flight distance : 192982 ft
United States

All I had to do what type in google "how to complain about DJI" and this thread came up. Based on DJI-Ken's tone in his responses all I can assume is that staff is overworked and understaffed. This is very disappointing for the customer as I too am dealing with waiting way too damn long for a repair to be returned back to me. I would love to know when I will have my drone back in my hands, but "3-4 working days" is now 5 or 6 and they still haven't tested it. But hey! DJI had no problem taking more of my money.

What's up?
2017-3-28
Use props
Casperr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15850 ft
Canada

Oh my, I really hate myself for not reading this board first for feedback on warranty, I should have not spent $2000 on this drone.
Now, seeing as how the warranty claims are being handled and now that I need to send my mavic for repair, this definitely means I wont get it back by Friday when I leave for my trip. Darn I wish I just returned this thing but that is outside the window already. I will definitely not recommend them.

Question though, I see on the site that there are service centres and I see that there is one about 3 hours drive away from where I live. Is it possible to drive it to them and get a replacement? I mean I have DJI Refresh and I should be entitled for the replacement. Can Kent comment on this?
2017-4-23
Use props
fans9396ba45
lvl.1

United States

I have updated my Mavic twice. Now with new DJI firmware and I'm having to send it back again, I have a lemon and DJI should send me a complete new drone. But they have sent me two refurbished drones now and sending it back the third time. Ow and I've had it two weeks from them repairing. But they didn't repair mine they sent a different drone. My first return was a DJI care/refresh replacement and it was not a new drone as DJI care/refresh states you will get a full replacement. I'm tired of the lies and the worst customer service I've ever seen in a company in my entire life! You would expect a company as big as DJI to have wonderful customer service and great business ethics but they mislead people and send them drones that have been pieced together by god knows how many different drones. This is my first and last DJI product. I will buy from a us company. Poor, poor company!! Very disappointing to say the least!!!
2017-6-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans9396ba45 Posted at 2017-6-20 04:40
I have updated my Mavic twice. Now with new DJI firmware and I'm having to send it back again, I have a lemon and DJI should send me a complete new drone. But they have sent me two refurbished drones now and sending it back the third time. Ow and I've had it two weeks from them repairing. But they didn't repair mine they sent a different drone. My first return was a DJI care/refresh replacement and it was not a new drone as DJI care/refresh states you will get a full replacement. I'm tired of the lies and the worst customer service I've ever seen in a company in my entire life! You would expect a company as big as DJI to have wonderful customer service and great business ethics but they mislead people and send them drones that have been pieced together by god knows how many different drones. This is my first and last DJI product. I will buy from a us company. Poor, poor company!! Very disappointing to say the least!!!

I'm so sorry for the unpleasant experience so far. Usually, local repair center will help to replace the unit if it's unrepairable. However, replacement products or parts provided by DJI may not be new, but it will be in good working order and at least functionally equivalent to the original product or part’s warranty, we have made it clear in After-Sales Policy.
For DJI Care Refresh, each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
We apologize for the trouble you've been inflicted, we know we have much to improve and we will keep going to provide more professional customer service.

Product and Part Replacement.png
DJI Care Reresh.png
2017-6-20
Use props
ExperiencePilot
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51870 ft
Canada

I had a 23 video delay that led to a crash. Very first flight. I found their customer service to be polite but completely ignorant of the product and every conversation I had was computer generated answers. When I went through the warranty process it took one month before the manager of the California facility, Oscar Luguin, personally told me they won't honor the warranty because the drone was not in my eyesight. Not line of sight but looking directly at it. The crash was 246 meters away and I could see it. So even thought the drone goes 7 KM he told me the warranty is only good for 150 meters. The appeal process was a joke with computer generated responses to every communication I had. After one month they sent it back unrepaired and wanted $1000CAD to repair it. I reversed the credit card charges and got it for free. Sold it for parts for $700CAD.
2017-9-20
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules