1st Mavic crash... gimbal pointing issue
977 3 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SvenG
New

United States

Well,  that didn't take long.  Small twigs should be illegal !  :-)

More seriously.  I messed up.  Now the gimbal points the camera in the entirely wrong direction.  It moves freely but runs up against the stops when powered.  The app thinks the gimbal cage/restraint might still be on,  but it isn't.

I have the care/service package but am hoping I just need to run some calibration routine to get the gimbal functional again ?  Read and scanned the Mavic user manual but found only positioning system calibration instructions.

One of the two legs also got whacked so there is a 1/32" gap between the aft leg edge and the body but think it is workable as is ?

Any suggestions before I capitulate and try to figure out how to reclaim one of the two lives the repair/care package gives me ?

Thanks in advance.

BTW,  this is the most awesome technical machinery I think I have ever worked with !

-Sven
2017-3-3
Use props
SvenG
New

United States

Found a black plastic piece broken off inside the gimbal protective cover when I took it off.
2017-3-3
Use props
SvenG
New

United States

Found a black plastic piece broken off inside the gimbal protective cover when I took it off.  She's going back to the Mavic intensive care unit :-(
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Any visuals would be appreciated in order to see how bad it is. From what it sounds like, it may need to come in for service.
2017-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules