Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Assistant 2 shows "Frame Alignment Error"
12Next >
27834 63 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Hi guys!

Wasnt able to find a thread describing my problem.

When I try to calibrate the VPS through Assistant 2 (1.1.0) it shows a "Frame Alignment Error" and dont start to calibrate. This error appears directly after hitting the calibration button.

Is it something known? Anybody else experienced that and/or does have a solution for?

Thanks

Alex

frame alignment error.JPG
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Point the Mavic straight at the screen.
2017-3-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Hi Ken,

Thanks but I did it several times. No luck. Then I switched to my mac which has the 1.0.9 version running on it. There it worked.
Just wanted to run it on the newest version of Assistant 2 as the firmware is also the newest.

Is there any change in calibration method or other things related to the calibration from 1.0.9 to 1.1.0?

Regards

Alex
2017-3-3
Use props
SemichCSC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 903904 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Same issue here. Seems that the Windows app is not passing to the dot's screen mode. I am on Windows 10.
2017-3-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Me, too. Win 10
2017-3-3
Use props
NMURPHY4
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 09:12
Point the Mavic straight at the screen and don't tilt or yaw it. Move the entire aircraft to match up the box.

Ken this is the same issue im having in the other thread, my app says reboot the drone.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

I'm on Windows 10 and did did the sensor calibration and it worked fine.
You have the RC OFF correct?
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

NMURPHY4 Posted at 2017-3-3 13:51
Ken this is the same issue im having in the other thread, my app says reboot the drone.

I replied.
2017-3-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 13:56
I'm on Windows 10 and did did the sensor calibration and it worked fine.
You have the RC OFF correct?

Hello Ken,

Yes, the RC is off. Connected via USB to the PC.

May the problem come from the resolution of the display? I have an AIO pc from ASUS with 4k display.
The Assistant software runs fine but maybe there is some problem with the calibration graphics.

Regards

Alex
2017-3-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Ken, BTW,  

The German site of DJI still shows only the old Assistant version (1.0.9).  
Had to download it through Tor. Maybe you can update so German customers can download it as well.

Regards

Alex
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-3 14:40
Hello Ken,

Yes, the RC is off. Connected via USB to the PC.

It's possible it can be the screen.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-3 14:43
Ken, BTW,  

The German site of DJI still shows only the old Assistant version (1.0.9).  

On the top right of the DJI page you can change the language.
2017-3-3
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Thanks, Ken!
2017-3-4
Use props
Kelyo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4432992 ft
Malaysia

hi ken,
     my also issue "Frame Alignment Error" cannot do alignment.im using 17" LCD screen. how to solve it?
2017-3-4
Use props
John K
New
United States

I'm having the same problem as well.  No matter what I do (include switching to German) the software is giving me the "frame alignment error" when I go into the tutorial of the calibration tab.

Something bigger going on here with all these post in only the last few days.
2017-3-4
Use props
Aussiemavpilot
lvl.1

Australia

Having same issue here too. Windows 10 OS. Mavic connected, RC off, calibration won't get past the tutorials.
2017-3-4
Use props
doinomazi
lvl.1
United States

Aussiemavpilot Posted at 2017-3-4 22:52
Having same issue here too. Windows 10 OS. Mavic connected, RC off, calibration won't get past the tutorials.

Same here. Same display on step 3 of the tutorial and grayed out button.

Mavic connected via usb, controller off.

Mac Pro Sierra Assistant 2 v.1.1.0 (tried v1.0.9 with the same result)
2017-3-5
Use props
Nees
First Officer
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

If you have screen issues, just an idea. Try adjusting the brightness of your screen (lower it?) or try to go further away from the screen. (with a longer USB cable) perhaps try to connect your laptop to TV and see if that will work.
2017-3-5
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Today I was able to get the "calibrate" button at the end of the tutorial blue and it started fine. No problems during the calibration.  Dont know what happend. Did the same steps as in previous tries where it didnt work.
Did not try it with Win 10 but Mac OS Sierra worked. Used same USB cable, same light conditions, no OS updates.
2017-3-5
Use props
ZZeta
Flight distance : 172080 ft
Singapore

Hello Ken,

Seems like we all can't proceed with the frame alignment error, just can't click the calibrate now button.

I've tried brighten the screen, connect the drone to laptop, tried another laptop and still cannot do the calibration, please advise.
2017-3-5
Use props
HugoTN
New

United States

Same problem, can never get past step two without getting frame alignment error, back with the Mavic and now the P4P. I've actually completed the calibration in the Assistant 2 app. My question and concern is if this tutorial is important for accurate and safe flying?
2017-3-5
Use props
fansb554910b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 143996 ft
United States

I'm having same issue. {:4_154:}
2017-3-5
Use props
Aussiemavpilot
lvl.1

Australia

Schata Posted at 2017-3-5 04:47
Today I was able to get the "calibrate" button at the end of the tutorial blue and it started fine. No problems during the calibration.  Dont know what happend. Did the same steps as in previous tries where it didnt work.
Did not try it with Win 10 but Mac OS Sierra worked. Used same USB cable, same light conditions, no OS updates.

Can youshate the steps you took please. Just want to make sure I'm doibg it right.
2017-3-8
Use props
Aussiemavpilot
lvl.1

Australia

Aussiemavpilot Posted at 2017-3-8 15:48
Can youshate the steps you took please. Just want to make sure I'm doibg it right.

Share not shate
2017-3-8
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

Aussiemavpilot Posted at 2017-3-8 15:48

Same steps as before. It simply worked this time. I didnt try it at a Win 10 pc.
But for Win it may be a driver problem. One user wrote me that he had the same issue solved it by reinstalling the driver from the DJI folder.

Hope that helps.
2017-3-9
Use props
P2P
New
Switzerland

Assistant 2 (V1.1.0) on WIn7. First two calibration steps and calculation OK. Reboot aircraft and the third step "Frame alignment" can not be processed because there is no image from front facing camera. So I reboot again and see "Frame Alignment Error". I can reproduce it 10 times on 2 different PC.
2017-3-9
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

A statement from DJI would help.
2017-3-9
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-9 03:33
Same steps as before. It simply worked this time. I didnt try it at a Win 10 pc.
But for Win it may be a driver problem. One user wrote me that he had the same issue solved it by reinstalling the driver from the DJI folder.

Where is this DJI folder and where in the folder is the driver?

Thanks

Jack
2017-3-9
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

jackiedh Posted at 2017-3-9 12:37
Where is this DJI folder and where in the folder is the driver?

Thanks

Here is the mail I got:

--------------
Got this from some one and it work perfect for me. I resolve the situation like this: Ok, after several weeks with this bugging me, look that I before can't even start calibration, many of you stops at 85%. This solved my problem, could not resolve yours, be with this in mind. After many readings, youtube videos, nothing of these helping me, What I did: -go to Device Manager and look for you drone(connected), for me appears like the pic I post above "DJI ?", ant says driver not installed. -with shift pressed, reboot the pc/laptop, it goes to Recuperation-Troubleshoot-Advanced options-start-up settings-restart then In Start-up Settings press 7 -reboot -Device Manager -look the drone Dji ? -mouse right button -update driver software -Browse for drivers, you should point to C:\Program Files (x86)\DJI Product\DJI Assistant 2 -He find the drive and install -Done
--------------------------

Alex
2017-3-9
Use props
jackiedh
First Officer
Flight distance : 83589314 ft
  • >>>
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-9 12:43
Here is the mail I got:

--------------

Where in Device Manager are you seeing DJI Drone item when the drone is connected?

I don't see it also don't see your picture showing this in Device manager

Thanks

Jack
2017-3-9
Use props
Schata
lvl.4
Germany

jackiedh Posted at 2017-3-9 12:45
Where in Device Manager are you seeing DJI Drone item when the drone is connected?

I don't see it also don't see your picture showing this in Device manager

look at the USB devices. My drone had a weird name there.  Nothing like DJI or Mavic or drone.
I figured it out by expanding the "USB Devices" section and then disconnect and reconnect the drone. SO you see which dives goes and comes.

Hope it helps.
2017-3-9
Use props
IcarusFailed
New

United States

All,
I just resolved this issue and wanted to state what I did to fix it. DJI support was useless. They wanted me to send it back which would not have resolved the issue.

If you extract the Install Log you can see the issue: The Drivers are not installing as they are not correctly Digitally Signed.

Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
1) Uninstall DJI Assistant 2
2) Disable the Windows Digital Signature Requirement
Note: Steps to do this can be found here: Spark Fun Guide
3) Re-Install the DJI software
4) Calibrate per instructions
5) ...
6) Profit

This worked for me. I hope it works for you as well.

2017-3-10
Use props
fans1e1f27da
New
Flight distance : 97080 ft
Slovakia

IcarusFailed Posted at 2017-3-10 11:06
All,
I just resolved this issue and wanted to state what I did to fix it. DJI support was useless. They wanted me to send it back which would not have resolved the issue.

Thanx, working for me on win 10
2017-3-11
Use props
HangaR59
lvl.1
Sweden

When I try to calibrate the VPS through Assistant 2 (1.1.0) it shows a "Frame Alignment Error" on a imac running sierra ... tried the suggest's in this thread without success .
2017-3-11
Use props
CaptainMoonligh
New
Flight distance : 35220 ft
United Kingdom

Following the advice shared on the forum I finally managed to calibrate my VPS.

I uninstalled Dji assistant.

Restarted my PC while repeatedly pressing F8.

When the startup options appeared I selected disable driver signature.

When my PC turned on I installed Dji Assistant and I didn't get any driver errors.

Started Dji assistant, plugged in my mavic and the calibrate now button was blue not grey, the whole thing worked perfectly.

Anyone struggling with the reboot aircraft message should try the above. It worked for me first time.

I now have no errors appear on Dji go.
2017-3-11
Use props
shnh25
lvl.4

Germany

As Icarus Failed wrote in this post https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=87373&pid=727957&fromuid=666918

For Windows you need to disable Windows Signature
2017-3-11
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

I'm on Windows 10 and took 3 goes to get it to work. Did not disable Signature
2017-3-11
Use props
cQQker
lvl.1

United States

I am also using Windows 10 and have the same problem.  I have tried everything above and still can't calibrate.   It never lets me even start the calibration so the drone isn't even trying to read the screen yet.   Please help.
2017-3-13
Use props
Aussiemavpilot
lvl.1

Australia

All,

Got mine to work following these steps. Thanks.
2017-3-14
Use props
TraylorTrash04
lvl.1
Flight distance : 705856 ft
United States

All,

this worked for me too! still had frame error but the calibration button was blue and got er done!
2017-3-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules