Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OMG, DJI, you LIED to me.......
2116 29 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

You never told me how AWESOME flying a Phantom 4 Pro would be!

I would have been doing this years ago had I known how Awesome it was!

Damn you : )

Thanks for everything!
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the club... Now post of the vids and pics would you?
2017-3-3
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

i got a phantom 4 today from the apple store so what should i do first i charged it up already and my iphone can see it can i fly it inside since it's dark outside or should i wait for the morning sooo excited to try this cant wait
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-3 20:05
i got a phantom 4 today from the apple store so what should i do first i charged it up already and my iphone can see it can i fly it inside since it's dark outside or should i wait for the morning sooo excited to try this cant wait

Noooooope. First read the manual, practice in the academy and then go outside in BEGINNER MODE and take your time practicing and flying.

RESIST THE ITCH... You will be glad you did!
2017-3-3
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

my hubby  has this down we flew in the kitchen already for a few minutes its easy
2017-3-3
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136273 ft
United States

Congrats on the purchase. GPS doesn't work well when flying indoors so I would fight the urge to fly indoors if you can. It causes a lot of unnecessary accidents. You will love the outdoor flying much much better. Have fun!
2017-3-3
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

TheDennisWagner Posted at 2017-3-3 22:28
Congrats on the purchase. GPS doesn't work well when flying indoors so I would fight the urge to fly indoors if you can. It causes a lot of unnecessary accidents. You will love the outdoor flying much much better. Have fun!

thank you, no one answered before

we fly it in kitchen and it works good and in his shop already what is gps mean?
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's  a very 'click bait' title. Glad to hear you're enjoying your unit.
2017-3-3
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.1
United States

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-3 22:42

we fly it in kitchen and it works good and in his shop already what is gps mean?

When you open your DJI Go App you will see a green GPS signal at the top of screen, in the middle. When it's green you are flying in GPS assisted mode, which I highly recommend to new pilots. You will also see how many satellites you are connected to, speed, battery power level and more. Play with it and you will see. Have fun!
2017-3-3
Use props
TheDennisWagner
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-3 23:24
It's  a very 'click bait' title. Glad to hear you're enjoying your unit.

It is indeed. Click bait is okay sometimes.
2017-3-3
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Welcome, and good luck with your new drone, please read all the info available, like others have mentioned, it could save a lot of heartache, watch all the videos on you tube, lots on there for setting it up
2017-3-4
Use props
Marjanko
lvl.2
Flight distance : 647372 ft
Austria

you made my day
2017-3-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 21:44
Noooooope. First read the manual, practice in the academy and then go outside in BEGINNER MODE and take your time practicing and flying.

Aloha dronist,

You da Man!  We need more like you.  If not more like you, they are going to crash, way too many!

And that is a serious itch!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-4
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah hip hip hooray for us.... Haha

We have perfect drones with out problems.Yeah, nonproblemmatico Phantom's.

RedHotPoker
2017-3-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-3 22:42

Aloha Kat,

GPS means Global Positioning System.   Some GPS signals can penetrate into your building, but it is inconsistent.  You need to damper your stick responses so you do not crash indoors in ATTI mode.  The proper environment for the P4 is outdoors.  

My P4 had some problems for a while and today I finally got to take my bird out for a really good flight.  It was unbelievable!  The P4 is a really, high quality camera and platform.  Read the manual so you can better control your investment.

In a bit, DJI will come out with more technology that can assist you in getting better and better video and Photos.  If you have any issues getting the quality video you want, please post here again.  We are happy to please!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-4
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-4 01:09
Aloha dronist,

You da Man!  We need more like you.  If not more like you, they are going to crash, way too many!

Aloha, Cetacean

And more like you man! But when some one ask about GPS?? that scares the hell out of me to know they are flying up up in the sky!
2017-3-4
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-4 01:24
Aloha Kat,

GPS means Global Positioning System.   Some GPS signals can penetrate into your building, but it is inconsistent.  You need to damper your stick responses so you do not crash indoors in ATTI mode.  The proper environment for the P4 is outdoors.  

thank you we don't need the gps where we live we already know the area but need it one day if we go some places new

today we fly outside later

2017-3-4
Use props
taurus35
Second Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-4 08:58
thank you we don't need the gps where we live we already know the area but need it one day if we go some places new

OMG!!!!!!!
2017-3-4
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

thank you we are excited too    hubby found out how to make the video work last night this so much fun
2017-3-4
Use props
travelrikk
First Officer
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

That's not what I was expecting when I read the title.

Welcome to the club, we all like our little expensive toys around here.
2017-3-4
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

KatsDrone Posted at 2017-3-4 08:58

Aloha Kat,

GPS and GLONASS (similar satellite systems) along with the dual IMU are the sensor systems that keep the gimbal so steady so your video is rock steady.  When you look at the GPS icon on the top bar of the live view there is a number in the icon.  That number changes relative to the number of satellites your system is tapping into.  The larger the number of satellites, the more stable your Phantom is in a wind.  

Indoors, there is usually no wind.  Outside, there is usually wind.  ATTI does not use GPS/GLONASS so there is a LOT of drift with ATTI.  The operator has to compensate for the lack of GPS/GLONASS when flying in ATTI mode.

Your P4 is such an amazing platform because of GPS/GLONASS.  GPS/GLONASS is not just a navigation system, it is an orientation system to.  The major failing of GPS/GLONASS though, is altitude.  No matter how many satellites you have, the simple barometer is most often more accurate.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-4
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Oops i think Katsdrone doesnt quite understand the gps for directions on a sat nav and gps on the phantom 4 pro..

Gps on the sat nav tells you where you are and gives you directions from point A to B

Gps on your phantom will help hold the phantoms position and keep it still (hover). It will stay still when it has a good gps signal and only move when you move it in which ever direction you tell it to move. Up down or left right front back.

if there is No gps signal You will have to be careful and keep an eye on it and watch it as it will move itself with  the air/wind

2017-3-4
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sorry Cetacean, looks like you explained it before me. your post was on page 2 i missed it
2017-3-4
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

How long will it take that people here realize KatsDrone is a total joke?? How can his posts even be considered?
This is not the first thread he tries to highjack.
Come on guys...
2017-3-4
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-3-4 14:29
Aloha Kat,

GPS and GLONASS (similar satellite systems) along with the dual IMU are the sensor systems that keep the gimbal so steady so your video is rock steady.  When you look at the GPS icon on the top bar of the live view there is a number in the icon.  That number changes relative to the number of satellites your system is tapping into.  The larger the number of satellites, the more stable your Phantom is in a wind.  

thank you sorry this is new to me and my hubby  i think he gets it more than me maybe i can get him to come to this site

we flew today for 15 minutes in the garden it is really easy  I looked at my phone and could see the gps but it was too small to get direction from anyway

2017-3-4
Use props
KatsDrone
lvl.1

United States

Eric13 Posted at 2017-3-4 17:00
How long will it take that people here realize KatsDrone is a total joke?? How can his posts even be considered?
This is not the first thread he tries to highjack.
Come on guys...

i am a 56 year old she from new mexico what is a highjack

2017-3-4
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

dronist Posted at 2017-3-3 21:44

"practice in the academy" - can you give me a hint, please? What do you mean?
Thanks
2017-3-5
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-5 05:08
Thanks

When you open the DJI 4 Go app, there are 3 lines in the upper right corner, click on them and you will see Academy. You can go in there and practice the flight simulator, or watch some videos!
2017-3-5
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-3-5 05:11
When you open the DJI 4 Go app, there are 3 lines in the upper right corner, click on them and you will see Academy. You can go in there and practice the flight simulator, or watch some videos!

Thanks Maxxgold! I am at the reading stage and getting as much info as i can before buying my first drone
2017-3-5
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Callatis Posted at 2017-3-5 05:08
Thanks

Start the DJI Go App and click in the top right corner on the three horizontal lines. That brings you among others to a simulator. The simulator requires an active connection to the drone.
2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules