Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Phantom 2 Standard
1327 7 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans6600f159
New

United Kingdom

I am looking for any ideas to upgrade my phantom 2 standard to FPV flying using my android phone as a monitor, many thanks for any help.
2017-3-4
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry but it cant be done.
You can get a FPV kit but that will use a dedicated monitor.
It would probably be cheaper to buy a new Phantom 3 standard than mess around trying to achieve what you want with the Phantom 2.
2017-3-4
Use props
Robin Bokull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4939957 ft
Finland

I am not sure, but I think it should work if you download an app that let you use your phone in a virtual reality headset (google cardboard for example). In that way you could experience fpv flying.
2017-3-4
Use props
crash1sttime
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Robin Bokull Posted at 2017-3-4 09:02
I am not sure, but I think it should work if you download an app that let you use your phone in a virtual reality headset (google cardboard for example). In that way you could experience fpv flying.

Not in the slightest, the P2 standard has no way to transmit any fpv by default unless you add an fpv kit and a monitor as stated, you cannot use any android phone in anyway what so ever
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, what's your set up thus far?
2017-3-4
Use props
Robin Bokull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4939957 ft
Finland

crash1sttime Posted at 2017-3-4 12:12
Not in the slightest, the P2 standard has no way to transmit any fpv by default unless you add an fpv kit and a monitor as stated, you cannot use any android phone in anyway what so ever

So this solution won't work with phantom 2? https://youtu.be/ewznIo8RTlg

2017-3-4
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

OP said specifically that he wants it to work with his Android.  An android uses wifi 2.4 ghz.  The straight P2 uses 2.4 ghz for control.  That means the straight P2 will have to use 5.8 ghz for an FPV setup.  You see the problem?  

I agree with harbourside.  Much easier and probably cheaper just get something else.  A P2V.  A P2V+.  A P3S.  Or even lightbridge.  

2017-3-4
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

if you get a camera and vid transmitter, and get a monitor or fov gogles you can.

does it have a gopro mount you can use a gopro and the vid tx. too. but not to your phone.

thats how i put one on my self built. right now i have it on my rock crawler. i have a spektrum head set and it has a 4.3" monitor that fits into the headset for fpv  the good thing is 0 latency.

if the Phantom 2 is 3s or 12v bat you can wire the tx to the pwr system.

the lil camera i have is very small not hd but just for fpv.
2017-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules