1059 8 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Hi!

Today I used my ipad instead of iphone. On the artificial horizon at the right bottom side I noticed that the drone hovers in slightly tilted position.
The IMU was calibration prior to that flight. There was no wind at all. Nothing what could have caused the tilt. It behaved like in windy condition but there was no wind.
I also noticed (and saw it so many times here) that the image horizon is tilted as well. To correct that I used the gibal tilt setting.

Why does it not hover in even/flat position but tilted?

I guess the tilted image horizon comes from the tilt of the drone.

Did anybody else experienced that?
DJI, is it something know and can be fixed?

Compas has been calibrated a day ago in a far field hundreds of meter away from any disturbing source. But I dont think that even a bad compass can cause a tilt.

Thanks

Alex

tilt.jpg
2017-3-4
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

I think there is a hill on your horizon? The left is higher than the right..

Even if you think there is no wind, there is, always, especially up higher. To hover in place the drone must tilt into the wind a bit. The gimbal should adjust for this giving a straight image. But all drone gimbals seem to suffer from tilt. Certain moves will make it worse such as flying sideways and turning quickly.

It's an issue we all live with and most of us fix after. If you're filming in 2.7 or 4 and exporting at 1080 then you can zoom in a little, rotate the video till it's straight.

To test the wind put in ATTI and watch it drift away
2017-3-4
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

Thank you.

Unfortunately putting the Mavic in ATTI doesnt work. There is no button to do so. Other DJI drones can be put in ATTI but not Mavic. There are some "hacks" with aluminum foil to block the GPS but...

2017-3-4
Use props
hariedo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 10650 ft
Japan

There is a gimbal roll adjustment in the control app's options.  This will address most of the gimbal roll tilt for your particular gimbal.

When moving sideways, the Mavic will compensate for the aircraft roll with some gimbal roll also.  However, it is not always 100% accurate and you will see some tilting during sideways flight.  When you stop moving, the gimbal will slowly settle back to its usual neutral roll position (whatever you adjusted with the gimbal roll adjustment above).
2017-3-4
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

I saw in many cases that when the gimbal is adjusted lets say -0.9 after several minutes or landing and starting again, it needs to be readjusted to a lower or higher value to get the horizon even again.
It seems not to keep its tilted postition which comes from the factory but changes it.

Somebody else experienced that?
2017-3-5
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Schata Posted at 2017-3-5 05:03
I saw in many cases that when the gimbal is adjusted lets say -0.9 after several minutes or landing and starting again, it needs to be readjusted to a lower or higher value to get the horizon even again.
It seems not to keep its tilted postition which comes from the factory but changes it.

I had the same issue and tried to re-calibrate the gimbal to no success and restored to factory defaults and nothing. Then I decided to go a bit beyond and went in the menu a altered the value for gimbal roll to flat 0, did a quick gimbal calibration and restarted the the drone and controller after that, I went into the App and set up the roll to the value that for me works which in my specific case is -0.6 and took off. After I landed, restarted the drone and controller and everything looked perfect the settings are still in the same value I left it and the horizon is flat! Hope this helps
2017-3-5
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

Thanks!

Will try it.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please test more and let us know the update.
Besides, could you please clarify your current firmware version?
2017-3-6
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 02:38
Please test more and let us know the update.
Besides, could you please clarify your current firmware version?

Unfortunately I have to send the Mavic in first, because of a focusing problem on one side of the view.

Hope the next one will do its work.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules