PIXEL XL device
1456 12 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Faso
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206831 ft
United States

Anyone using the pixel xl? I LOVE the phone but DJI GO 4 doesn't... Ive used it twice and in both flights the app crashed and ruined my flight data. It also leaves me blind until I reopen it. So bummed because I love the phone and I can't switch it out now, especially for the drone.

ANY help is appreciated.

Mike
2017-3-4
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is probably still the Android crash issue that many people are having.  I had the same on my android phone, my android tablets(2) until I changed to an Apple device.
2017-3-4
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

That stinks. Its killing me. I HATE apple products.
2017-3-4
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Faso Posted at 2017-3-4 14:53
That stinks. Its killing me. I HATE apple products.

you and me both. i refuse to buy an iphone. ill stick with my crashing nexus 5x
2017-3-4
Use props
doberdann1019
lvl.1

United States

I use a standard pixel. It crashes once in a while, maybe once every 8-10 flights and usually while using an intelligent flight mode.
2017-3-4
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I was using a Pixel XL but had to turn off screen rotation to stop some crashes however, it did not stop all of them I also turned off wifi mode. You could also try going to aeroplane mode as some say this helps. I ended up getting an Ipad Mini 4 and haven't had a problem since. Unfortunately the Pixel XL is not one of the tested phones so it is user beware,
2017-3-4
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Curious; what specifically does one hate about  a brand of smartphone?  I can't imagine being THAT passionate about any major manufacturer
2017-3-4
Use props
Mayoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 299708 ft
Canada

I hate apple too but sadly both my Drones (3DR Solo App ) and Mavic App works only fine in iOS. They both Crash on my Nexus 6p. Its an underlying OS Architecture with iOS vs Android. If you want any real time apps for drones without crash, you need to sadly get an iPad
2017-3-4
Use props
chunky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 128514 ft
United Kingdom

I too have a pixel XL.
I too had the crashing issue's
I found that i had to disable the "Video Cache" "Cache Locally When Recording"
Now i have no problems at all
Hope this helps
2017-3-5
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans90d4f438 Posted at 2017-3-4 20:58
Curious; what specifically does one hate about  a brand of smartphone?  I can't imagine being THAT passionate about any major manufacturer

I agree "hate" is a strong word and generally used out of context for many things in life by many people.  It's like saying I hate a certain food, when probably its just that I dislike the taste and I wouldn't campaign against its removal from the food chain.  Us Android fanboys like android better as a device, so its just a term that he used to show his allegiance probably.
2017-3-5
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.3
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

Gotcha. I've had both android and iPhone. In the end, the convenience of having my phone connect directly to docks in clockradios in hotels, into car head units, consistently work smoothly with DJI software....all while still doing everything that android phones can do and while Apple stock continues to constantly grow and fatten my portfolio....made me stick with iPhone
2017-3-5
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

chunky Posted at 2017-3-5 01:37
I too have a pixel XL.
I too had the crashing issue's
I found that i had to disable the "Video Cache" "Cache Locally When Recording"

Hi! If you don't mind, where was that setting? Thanks!!!!
2017-3-7
Use props
Faso
lvl.1
United States

SteveDickin Posted at 2017-3-5 03:35
I agree "hate" is a strong word and generally used out of context for many things in life by many people.  It's like saying I hate a certain food, when probably its just that I dislike the taste and I wouldn't campaign against its removal from the food chain.  Us Android fanboys like android better as a device, so its just a term that he used to show his allegiance probably.

Well said sir. I know hate is a strong word. It's a personal hate, however. I dislike apple as a company as well as Steve Jobs as a person, although I wouldn't disagree he was an innovator.

Over my years in Information Technology there have been things that made me look at apple products and the iphone, and I've gradually grown a hate for them. Everything from the days where you couldn't even copy and paste with the iphone to today where you still need to be an iTunes user to get things to and from your phone. That's on top of their software being extremely closed down and anti open source.

At this point I'm definitely an android fanboy. My wife and kids are also VERY android. We simply don't use apple products in or outside of the house. Yes, I know I'm harsh. Like I said, it's a grown hatred from over the years. ;)
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules