Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Visual Sensor Calibration - Calculation Error
12977 21 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GregAllen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 493012 ft
United States

I am also struggling with the vision senors error since the firmware update.  Was able to launch the Assistant 2 on my MacBook Pro and successfully complete the calibration motions with the Mavic.  However, the Asistant repeatedly fails on calibration calculation (see screen shot).  I retried many times without success.  Any idea why I am getting the calculation error?  Suggestions?

Calibration error

Calibration error
2017-3-4
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Hey, I also had to do the calibration and had no issue. Make sure you are using the latest DJI Assistant 2 Software. Also I would recommend to do a factory reset of the Drone connected directly to the computer, and then connect the controller and drone and do a full refresh of the .500 Firmware. After that, reboot everything and connect the drone directly to the computer again and run the calibration. One more little thing, the tutorial mentions it but be aware of only pivot the mavic while chasing the squares, do not move it all over the place. Hope this helps and works!
2017-3-5
Use props
dawolf
New
United States

I cannot see your screenshot but I too am having an issue after 2 days attempting, it fails at 71% Calculation Error, Screen Size something... and then it prompts to enter screen size and recalibrate...is this similar to yours?
2017-3-5
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-3-5 07:42
Hey, I also had to do the calibration and had no issue. Make sure you are using the latest DJI Assistant 2 Software. Also I would recommend to do a factory reset of the Drone connected directly to the computer, and then connect the controller and drone and do a full refresh of the .500 Firmware. After that, reboot everything and connect the drone directly to the computer again and run the calibration. One more little thing, the tutorial mentions it but be aware of only pivot the mavic while chasing the squares, do not move it all over the place. Hope this helps and works!

Thanks.  I have tried all of your recommendations.  Still fails a 42% calculation.  I been very careful on positioning the Mavic during the calibration as shown in several YouTube videos on the process.  I will call DJI support tomorrow and see what they recommend.
2017-3-5
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

dawolf Posted at 2017-3-5 07:56
I cannot see your screenshot but I too am having an issue after 2 days attempting, it fails at 71% Calculation Error, Screen Size something... and then it prompts to enter screen size and recalibrate...is this similar to yours?

I get the error during the calculation process.
2017-3-5
Use props
AACY
Second Officer
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Very sorry to learn it didn't work out, had my fingers crossed for you. Hopefully the guys from CS will be able to give you a solution. Best wishes and blues skies!
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I'll help to report this to our engineers.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.
2017-3-6
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 02:40
I'll help to report this to our engineers.
If I get any update, I'll let you know.

I contacted support this morning.  They recommended IMU calibration and gymbal calibration.  All successfully done.  Vision sensor calibration still fails at 42%.  Very frustrating.  Your help will be appreciated.  Thanks
2017-3-6
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

GregAllen Posted at 2017-3-6 10:32
I contacted support this morning.  They recommended IMU calibration and gymbal calibration.  All successfully done.  Vision sensor calibration still fails at 42%.  Very frustrating.  Your help will be appreciated.  Thanks

Found the problem.  I had not noticed a piece of clear plastic over one of the forward vision sensors.  Duh!  Removed same and recalibrated successfully.  Thank all for your replies.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Could you please find the calibration log file and upload it to dropbox?
The path should be : Macintosh HD/application/Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS
Besides, please export the vision module file via DJI assistant then upload it to dropbox and send me the link.
I'll forward your files to our engineers for review.
2017-3-6
Use props
GregAllen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 20:08
Could you please find the calibration log file and upload it to dropbox?
The path should be : Macintosh HD/application/Assistant.app/Contents/MacOS
Besides, please export the vision module file via DJI assistant then upload it to dropbox and send me the link.

Thanks Mindy.  Operator error on my part.  See my last posting.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

GregAllen Posted at 2017-3-6 21:38
Thanks Mindy.  Operator error on my part.  See my last posting.

Thank you for reminding me. :-)
2017-3-6
Use props
fans358905a3
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Okay I have a similar problem all day today - "front vision sensor calibration error" since upgrading firmware this morning. Calibration in App with drone in the square motion is just impossible. I've been onto tutorials about using Assitant 2 from Mac desktop, which I've installed. However, I'm afraid most of the time log in is a problem let alone trying to get as far as the calibration page. When I've managed to get to the page it's just a white blank field with no dots or squares to attempt an on-screen calibration, as I've seen in images of other users!?! The only images I do see are bottom left of the screen of images with green ticks, which on viewing are the two bottom sensors because it's shots of my hand or keyboard! To be honest it's become a bit infuriating to have wasted a whole day on the problem.
2017-3-15
Use props
doccy
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dude!  Just wanted to thank you.

Several attempts at calibration failing here.... until i read your post I had NO IDEA there might be 2 small bits of plastic covering the forward sensors out the box.

This is so stupid... nowhere in the manual does it tell you to look for / take these things off as far as i can see.

Arghhh!  Anyway - thanks mate - you saved it.
2017-6-2
Use props
Bukwild
New
Canada

dawolf Posted at 2017-3-5 07:56

dawolf did you ever get this figured out?
2017-8-17
Use props
ColdinCanada
lvl.1
Canada

This post was very helpful. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Assistant 2. Tried going to factory default firmware and the reinstalling to latest firmware multiple times. Tried recalibrating gimbal, IMU and compass each time. Nothing worked. It would always have a calculation error at 71%. It drove me nuts.

Anyways. This forum saved a lot of discouragement. I checked one last time if there was a forum i missed and this was it. it was a small plastic sticker on one of the front sensors. Tried again and it worked right away. ridiculous.
2018-3-25
Use props
djiuser_UGpMPZW6HmDO
lvl.1
Finland

ColdinCanada Posted at 2018-3-25 21:29
This post was very helpful. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DJI Assistant 2. Tried going to factory default firmware and the reinstalling to latest firmware multiple times. Tried recalibrating gimbal, IMU and compass each time. Nothing worked. It would always have a calculation error at 71%. It drove me nuts.

Anyways. This forum saved a lot of discouragement. I checked one last time if there was a forum i missed and this was it. it was a small plastic sticker on one of the front sensors. Tried again and it worked right away. ridiculous.

I have this same problem, but I don't see any plastic on the sensors?!
2019-4-7
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had a similar situation, but it wasn't the little cover of the sensors. Mine was actually the fact that I was using a curved monitor. The forums helped me diagnose that issue after a couple days of trying. Once I used a true-flat monitor, everything worked great.
2019-4-7
Use props
DAGI
lvl.1
Finland

JPilotR Posted at 4-7 07:08
I had a similar situation, but it wasn't the little cover of the sensors. Mine was actually the fact that I was using a curved monitor. The forums helped me diagnose that issue after a couple days of trying. Once I used a true-flat monitor, everything worked great.

I have tried now with a factory reset, different monitors. Every time when the calibration fails, it asks for my monitor size, I tried 24" I tried the resolution, but every time the screen will be blank white, and I need to restart the drone and the Assistant to try to calibrate again. I calibrated the gimbal and my IMU, but now im starting to run out of options.
2019-4-7
Use props
JPilotR
First Officer
Flight distance : 584662 ft
  • >>>
United States

DAGI Posted at 4-7 07:30
I have tried now with a factory reset, different monitors. Every time when the calibration fails, it asks for my monitor size, I tried 24" I tried the resolution, but every time the screen will be blank white, and I need to restart the drone and the Assistant to try to calibrate again. I calibrated the gimbal and my IMU, but now im starting to run out of options.

I'm sorry you are having such issues. I understand the frustration of days ticking by and no resolution. FWIW, I tried different monitor sizes too and eventually dug out an old 19 inch monitor that seemed to do the trick. Maybe a trip to the local Goodwill or thrift store for a cheap small flat monitor to test?
2019-4-7
Use props
minedfield
lvl.1
Belgium

same problem here : calibration error
until i noticed a little dirt on one of the forward sensors
after cleaning the sensor, calibration was working again !
2019-6-8
Use props
djiuser_aOQEftnIMUJ7
lvl.1

Netherlands

JPilotR Posted at 2019-4-7 07:08
I had a similar situation, but it wasn't the little cover of the sensors. Mine was actually the fact that I was using a curved monitor. The forums helped me diagnose that issue after a couple days of trying. Once I used a true-flat monitor, everything worked great.

I had the same problems because I used a curved monitor.I did it with a flat monitor.. worked fine.
2020-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules