Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
2nd controller suggestion for S900+A2+ImmersionRC
4521 12 2015-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
creativeshopper
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys,

I'm looking to add a 2nd controller to my setup for a Camera Operator while I Pilot.  I'd like him to have his own monitor as well.  Here's my setup:

S900, Futaba T8FG, Zenmuse GH4, A2, ImmersionRC 5.8GHz transmitter & Duo5800 Receiver.  I'm looking to purchase an ImmersionRC Uno Receiver to capture the same video signal to a 2nd monitor.  Will this work as is?

Does anyone have suggestions on a controller for the Zenmuse and GH4?  Also what are the steps to enable the contoller?  

Thanks for your help in advance!  -cre8tive
2015-2-23
Use props
chuck
New

United States

We set ours up using 2 x Fatshark 250mW transmitters, Futaba TS14G (pilot), Spektrum (camera), 2 x RX-LCD5812W diversity HD Receiver monitors.  you can see a video of our setup here:  

Let me know if you have any other questions about it.
2015-2-26
Use props
joe
lvl.3

United States

You can use whatever brand of RC transmitter you wish. Spectrum. FRSky Futaba JR etc..  There should be no interference with the main control transmitter you are currently using.  The RC receiver should be connected to the Gimbal Control Unit.  Male to male servo wires from the receiver to the GCU.  On the GCU are inputs for Pan Tilt Yaw Shutter etc.  Most people use aileron for Roll or leave roll off. Elevator for tilt, yaw for Pan and assign a switch to use for shutter/video.  Some people use the slider knobs an the radio side for gimbal control- this is user preference.

You can use as many monitor / receivers as you want on the ground.  This is no problem just set up to same 5.8 channel and you should be good.  Both pilot and cameraman as well as 3rd parties can watch the downlink at the same time.  There is no need for second transmitter unless you are having two video streams - FPV and video camera.  One transmitter will hook up to all receivers for a single video stream.
2015-2-26
Use props
creativeshopper
lvl.1

United States

Thanks!  Got everything setup and running smooth.  Most appreciated guys.
2015-4-19
Use props
joe@heliflightc Posted at 2015-2-27 02:17
You can use whatever brand of RC transmitter you wish. Spectrum. FRSky Futaba JR etc..  There should ...

Hey Joe, so I have a spektrum that i want to use to control the aircraft and a futaba that I want to control the camera, how would I connect both transmitters to the aircraft, I know how to connect the spektrum using the two antennas connected to the A2 but how would I connect the futaba, my understanding is that it needs to be connected to the gimbal somehow? any help would be appreciated. thanks!
2016-6-20
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
Flight distance : 156401 ft
United States

Your Futaba controller probably came with a receiver in the box.  I'm using the Futaba T8J to control my Zenmuse Z15-GH4 gimbal/camera and it came with this receiver...

Futaba R2008SB Receiver - 2.jpg

Mount your receiver on your copter... the Futaba manual will explain how to pair the controller to the receiver.

Then connect the receiver to the gimbal's GCU using the Aux2 port...

Zenmuse Z15-GH4 GCU - 2.jpg

The gimbal's User Manual will explain how this works and how to configure your controller.

2016-6-21
Use props
chuck@usuavacad Posted at 2015-2-26 22:19
We set ours up using 2 x Fatshark 250mW transmitters, Futaba TS14G (pilot), Spektrum (camera), 2 x R ...

Thanks for the help!
2016-6-22
Use props
timonroecg@gmai Posted at 2016-6-21 21:14
Your Futaba controller probably came with a receiver in the box.  I'm using the Futaba T8J to contro ...

That explains alot, since I got my futaba through a private seller, it didnt come with the receiver, it came with the S900 single operator so there was no need for the receiver I guess. Quick question, how did you power the receiver and could I use any receiver that says its compatible with the futaba brand?
2016-6-22
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

The servo cable (see the red, brown, yellow wires in the pic) leading from the CGU to the receiver contains the power.  

If a receiver is compatible I guess it should work but you might be safer sticking with a Futaba receiver.

It's worth asking the reseller for the Futaba controller's box and its entire contents: receiver, user manual, etc.  At some point you may want to sell your controller and you're likely to get more for it if you have all of its contents and the original box.
2016-6-22
Use props
timonroecg@gmai Posted at 2016-6-22 19:38
The servo cable (see the red, brown, yellow wires in the pic) leading from the CGU to the receiver c ...

Hey man so I got a receiver that is compatible with futaba and I connected it all up and the futaba wont control the gimbal. I cant seem to get it to work. The receiver and the transmitter linked up ok.
2016-7-7
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

judah@cinematic Posted at 2016-7-8 07:07
Hey man so I got a receiver that is compatible with futaba and I connected it all up and the futab ...

What receiver did you end up using?  Also, what gimbal are you using?
2016-7-10
Use props
timonroecg@gmai Posted at 2016-7-11 01:47
What receiver did you end up using?  Also, what gimbal are you using?

thanks for getting back to me.  The receiver I got is this one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc ... 4_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and I have the DJI Zenmuse Z-15 GH4 gimbal on my S900. And my transmitter is the Futaba T8FG
2016-7-11
Use props
timonroecg
lvl.3
United States

judah@cinematic Posted at 2016-7-12 08:17
thanks for getting back to me.  The receiver I got is this one, https://www.amazon.com/gp/produc .. ...

From the description on Amazon it doesn't appear to be an SBus receiver so looks like you'll have to wire each channel from the receiver to the gimbal's GCU.  The Futaba receiver I show in the pics above is an SBus receiver so I was able to use just one cable.

Take a look at the gimbal's User Manual.  Go to the '2-Pilot Solution' on page 24 and you'll see how the receiver's slots match up to those on the GCU.  If you haven't already done so I recommend reading the entire manual so you'll have a sense for how it all works and how to trouble-shoot problems.

I also recommend installing the gimbal's Assistant if you haven't already done so.  Running the Assistant will help you see how your sticks on the Futaba controller are interacting with the gimbal.

Also, make sure you connect your flight controller (assuming you're using the A2) to the gimbal.  Without this the gimbal's modes (Free, Follow, Reset) will not work correctly.
2016-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules