1085 7 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pandakev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 548763 ft
Australia

Hi everyone,

I just realised that my mavic can hover in place but not it's attitude when near surface. In 2 minutes time frame it rose from 1.3meters to 2.5 meters(shown by the sonar).
Anyone might know the cause of this?

Shouldn't the sonar maintain it's hovering attitude? And does the aid of the front obstacle avoidance sensors help with its hovering attitude?

What could be done? I have calibrated the imu two weeks ago and I have not been travelling with it.(remained the drone at home)

By the way, it was about to rain, could the pressure in atmosphere affected its accuracy?
2017-3-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Pandakev, could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred?
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?
2017-3-6
Use props
SectorDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Calibrate your Vision sensor in DJI Assistant..
2017-3-6
Use props
Pandakev
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-6 01:02
Hi Pandakev, could you please sync your flight records from DJI GO app and provide me with your DJI account email and the date this occurred?
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?

Hi Mindy,

This occurred today and yesterday on multiple flights when i hover and let go of the sticks, my dji account is the same as my forum email(which is gmail).
2017-3-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

It would also be interesting to know what the Mavic's barometric/GPS Height was reading at the time. ie. Was it in conflict with the sonar height increase, or in agreement with it?
2017-3-6
Use props
Pandakev
lvl.2
Australia

Jason Lane Posted at 2017-3-6 02:12
It would also be interesting to know what the Mavic's barometric/GPS Height was reading at the time. ie. Was it in conflict with the sonar height increase, or in agreement with it?

The height above ground (displayed as 'height' on dji go 4) was in conflict with the sonar and the actual drone attitude. The height showed a no change in attitude while it is obvious the physical state of the drone has moved. It was not able to detect any upward and downward velocity(might be the change in attitude is so small)

Any other people experiencing this?
2017-3-6
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Pandakev Posted at 2017-3-6 03:15
The height above ground (displayed as 'height' on dji go 4) was in conflict with the sonar and the actual drone attitude. The height showed a no change in attitude while it is obvious the physical state of the drone has moved. It was not able to detect any upward and downward velocity(might be the change in attitude is so small)

Calibrate the VPS from within DJI Assistant 2.  Mavic will also tend to do this over asphalt, especially if it is wet (dark/obscure).
*I am assuming all of this is OUTDOOR flight.
2017-3-6
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

Pandakev Posted at 2017-3-6 03:15

So it kinda sounds like the Mavic was prioritizing the baro/GPS reading over the sonar reading. I can't say I've ever noticed this before myself.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules