Shakey/wobbly/jiterry video
1257 13 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,

Its just been two weeks or so that I have my dorne, and I havent been able to take it out much because of the weather. However I have noticed yesterday when flying that the video has some shaking .

Its not constant however it is a problem. Now I dont mind sending it back, however I wanted to take the drone with me to my holiday and I leave on March 22nd. How quick is the turn around time?

Regards

Kash
2017-3-5
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

Send a video.... maybe you can solve it. The turn around time will change but take in mind that if you send it to Dji, you might not get it back by march 22nd
2017-3-5
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

You can see the video below - this is probably the worst it has got.

2017-3-5
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I am guessing the drone needs to be sent back?
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
2017-3-6
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Latest version on both controller and mavic.
2017-3-6
Use props
Phwee
New
Flight distance : 5587 ft
United States

Was this ever sorted out for you? I'm having the same problem. All of my footage is unusable... It's both shaky and wobbly. The gimbal also sounds quite noisy like it's vibrating just when it's sat on the ground.
2017-4-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Can check the gimbal too.

2017-4-2
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I went on holiday and came back - I took some video still wobbly video, i am sending back to DJI now.
2017-4-11
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So update on this. I came back from holiday and the sent the drone back a few weeks ago. I now got contacted by DJI support with the following response:

"No warranty. No crash found. Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be €196.29 (VAT excluded) according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation."

I didn't send the aircraft back because of a crash, I sent it back under warranty because of the camera issue. I don't want to use my DJI care to replace the drone and I don't want to be paying for a repair that should be covered under warranty.

What is worrying is that DJI say there is no crash, but there is a cost for repair? if the drone hasn't crashed then any repair would be covered under warranty???

I have replied but I thought i would be worth giving people here an update as well.
2017-4-28
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

kashif.ali.uk Posted at 2017-4-28 03:05
So update on this. I came back from holiday and the sent the drone back a few weeks ago. I now got contacted by DJI support with the following response:

"No warranty. No crash found. Dear customer, you have purchased DJI Care Refresh. If you want to replace your aircraft under DJI Care Refresh, click "Pay". After the payment is confirmed, DJI will send a replacement aircraft to you. If you want to repair the aircraft, the cost of repair will be €196.29 (VAT excluded) according to DJI's damage assessment. Please contact DJI Support and get your repair quotation."

Got a reply from DJI support :

Thank you for your e-mail.

According to technical report:
1- There is problem with the Visual image
2- Damage to :top+battery=gimbal

Please pictures attached please.

The battery has a scratch on it and is not damaged,  its a white mark. The is fully functional as I took to holiday with me and used it there (albeit with the video jittering).

I sent it back in the original box, with the drone, props, battery and remote control via UPS.

Im being told that they agree that the video is an issue and I have a mark on the battery. I don't really care about the mark, I want the video issue resolved.

I don't want to use my DJI care refresh for this and I certainly shouldn't be paying for a warranty repair.

Anyone help with how to get this escalated?
2017-5-1
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I got my drone back, I finally managed to get through to someone at DJI support who understood why I didn't want to use my DJI refresh. The drone came back yesterday, and guess what? they forgot to send the propellers back??

So another round of back and forth with support.
2017-5-16
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So just to provide some more information.

I got my drone back, but without its propellors!!!

I got it back on the 16th of May and I am still waiting for the propellors. I dont understand this level of customer service? Anyone else had an experience like this.
2017-6-5
Use props
kashif.ali.uk
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Still no propellors, being told they are out of stock, when the online shop clearly shows they are in stock. Almost a month since I got my drone back.

I want to order the propellors from the shop and ask for a refund, but i am afraid that I will just have another headache on my hands. I cannot believe the customer service is this poor.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules