turning on my controller and Mavic
10344 15 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

I hope i am doing something wrong i push the power button on my controller is shows battary percent then nothing else same with the drone. ive tried quick push, push and hold nothing . help please this is the first time im trying to power it all on.
2017-3-5
Use props
FF6022
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Push the power button, let go and quickly press and hold till controller and craft turn on. But if that works there isn't a fault but I defiantly question if you should fly this craft. If it doesn't work there is a fault and I apologise.
2017-3-5
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

ill give it a try and see if that works
2017-3-5
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

That did it it started up right away when i did that. is that normal?
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Gaffanon Posted at 2017-3-5 06:34
That did it it started up right away when i did that. is that normal?

Yes it's a protective switch , you can imagine if you just happened to hit the switch when you put it into bag then AC may overheat also gimbal motor may overheat . So it's a good failsafe..
2017-3-5
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

Please read the manual... It is explained. This shows you have not read anything yet... Another danger in the sky.
2017-3-5
Use props
Drone Enthusias
New
United States

Gaffanon, did you check out this video?

2017-3-5
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for being condescending and assuming. I did read the manual and it is not in it. it says turn on the drone not any special way to turn it on. I have also watched the video from the app and again nothing about turning on the drone the way you told me. I have been flying RC planes, probably before you were born.And to make sure im not wrong i just read it yet again and nothing is in the manual I received about turning it on in this way.
2017-3-6
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

I research things. I read everything before i do things this is a big investment and i think im in a welcoming community instead I run into condescending jerks. who don't want to help. Just complain and assume they know everything and i have not read everything.
2017-3-6
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

Looking at my booklet yet again i see that my booklet goes from page 2 to page 5 i am missing pages 3-4 and 37-38, would those instructions happen to be on those pages?
2017-3-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

If you are using Ver 1.4 of the Users manual then look on Page 31:

2017-3-6
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

i dont have version 1.4 i have 1.0 and in my manual its in a foreign language.and ive asked support for a new manual because mine is missing pages
2017-3-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

go HERE and you can download the latest manual
2017-3-6
Use props
Gaffanon
lvl.1

United States

thank you . i just downloaded it and im printing it now
2017-3-6
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

Gaffanon Posted at 2017-3-6 16:28
thank you . i just downloaded it and im printing it now

Sorry about the few who gave you a hard time and assumed you just tried to fly without researching everything you could find on the Mavic. I had a long wait for my Mavic and read the manual 4 times, the updated online one from DJI.
I still had questions of things I didn't understand. Don't give up on this community there are a great bunch of people that will offer exact answers you want. Then of course there are those who don't have the answer, so they just reply with rude comments and add nothing to the forum.
2017-3-6
Use props
ChasinTail
lvl.1
Flight distance : 42943 ft
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-3-6 16:25
go HERE and you can download the latest manual

that online manual is much better than the tiny little pamphlet I got wit my mavic.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules