Mavic pro recording audio!!
30993 37 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dOVn8STcgtRQ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Has anyone else noticed that you can now record audio whilst flying your mavic. Can this be toggled on and off?
2017-3-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just realised when reading this , today just before taken off been asked for access to my phones mic, is this for recording commentary, will have to watch my P's & Q's , while I'm flying. Has anyone tried this out?
2017-3-5
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I got the message yesterday, didn't think much of it just accepted as I have no problem with DJI hearing me shouting.  Anyone know whats happening here?
2017-3-5
Use props
fansf43c9c31
lvl.2
Flight distance : 241798 ft
Hong Kong

It can be toggled on or off in the aircraft setting menu right below video cache. I tried that and found only video cache has audio recorded. You can hear the audio when accessing the video cache in the dji go app editor. But the audio seems not attaching in the original video files stored in the micro ad card as there is no mic in the aircraft.
2017-3-5
Use props
adverselection
lvl.2
Flight distance : 172523 ft
United States

Saw this as well. Assumed it was for voice on phone. Definitely did not add audio to video pulled off SD card.
2017-3-5
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Need Mic on AC first. Similar to OSMO , mic in on the camera!
2017-3-5
Use props
LKC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 262369 ft
Australia

I noticed this on a flight on my mavic yesterday too. I guess this opens up some handheld mavic videos with audio.. Guess there is a way to sync the audio back..  It's like an Osmavic now..
2017-3-5
Use props
snuggypossum
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I got a surprise today when reviewing a cached file on my iPad and there was audio playing out!  I never knew this was an option before then.  I assume it's recording off the iPad's microphone which is far more useful than anything onboard the Mavic, so I can see times when this would be really useful, it's just a case of remembering to save off the associated cache files and sync them back up in the editing software.
2017-3-6
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Awesome.
Now we can record the 'crazies' and the authorities throw verbal abuse at us =)
2017-3-6
Use props
SteveDickin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yup, confirmed, I just checked my footage on the iPad from Saturday and it all has sound.  Me coughing and spluttering mostly
2017-3-6
Use props
fans8c9bbf4a
New
Flight distance : 1955 ft
United States

I also see that now the copy of the video in my DJI app now has audio included too (audio is from my iPhone mic). It appears that the only way to get a copy of the video with the audio included is to save the video from the app to the camera roll on the iPhone, and then synch that copy of the video to your iCloud or to your computer.
2017-3-7
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.2
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

my thought is, it is for facebook live application
2017-3-7
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

Is it possible to export the video files from the Mavic with the sound?
2017-3-7
Use props
snuggypossum
lvl.2
United Kingdom

pedrodinis Posted at 2017-3-7 10:45
Is it possible to export the video files from the Mavic with the sound?

No, you have to follow the method fans8c9bbf4a outlined above, and then re-align the cache files with your Mavic video files in some editing software.  I have found the durations don't match perfectly and the cache files are 30fps whilst the 4K video files were recording at 29.97.

The other slight complication is the cache files are named based on the date and time recorded so there's no link to the numeric file name of the original video file, but it's fairly straightforward to work out which files go with which based on their durations.
2017-3-8
Use props
dOVn8STcgtRQ
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Well that answers my question. Good feature to have for live streaming and commentary on your flight. Glad you can toggle it on and off tho. Cheers
2017-3-9
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

this is awesome man thanks
2017-3-9
Use props
fans7e569347
New
Costa Rica

You always have the option to prevent the audio from being recorded from the phone in case you don't want your surroundings noices to be on your cache video. If you are using an iphone for example you can go to setting> Privacy>  Microphone  and disable the DJI GO 4 application.
IMG_9884.PNG
2017-5-26
Use props
Phan-TOM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 61184 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is all well and good till the transmitter fan kicks on. Then that's all you hear.
2017-7-17
Use props
fans2c89b3b7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5725 ft
Canada

Does anyone know of a Mac program that will eliminate the transmitter fan noise.???
2017-7-24
Use props
djiuser_MWNYh6f
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240850 ft
United States

fans2c89b3b7 Posted at 2017-7-24 11:38
Does anyone know of a Mac program that will eliminate the transmitter fan noise.???

no, but you can use a bluetooth earpiece connected to your phone and your mic will be further from the controller.
2017-12-9
Use props
M.C. Pilot
First Officer
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, gotta give it a go. Recorded on my phone/RC but not AC.
2017-12-9
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

snuggypossum Posted at 2017-3-6 14:11
I got a surprise today when reviewing a cached file on my iPad and there was audio playing out!  I never knew this was an option before then.  I assume it's recording off the iPad's microphone which is far more useful than anything onboard the Mavic, so I can see times when this would be really useful, it's just a case of remembering to save off the associated cache files and sync them back up in the editing software.

Actually I would much prefer audio recording from the Mavic itself. Since it is such a simple feature to integrate into a drone, expect to see this soon in new drone models. It would be a very useful feature, like knowing when an another drone or even aircraft is approaching.
2017-12-10
Use props
Drone Odyssey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 25430 ft
United States

Yes....I discovered that while reviewing video clips. Audio is not there when I download videos from my Mavic Pro
2018-1-14
Use props
nottuppaware
lvl.4
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

sigkill Posted at 2017-12-10 01:36
Actually I would much prefer audio recording from the Mavic itself. Since it is such a simple feature to integrate into a drone, expect to see this soon in new drone models. It would be a very useful feature, like knowing when an another drone or even aircraft is approaching.

You won't hear much over the sound of the props ?
2018-1-14
Use props
sigkill
lvl.2
Canada

nottuppaware Posted at 2018-1-14 18:14
You won't hear much over the sound of the props ?

Yes indeed not as simple as I made it out to be. And congrats for recognizing the fact. A few minutes after I made that dumb post I started wondering who would catch my oversight! Congratulations, your prize is in the mail, sorry I can't provide a tracking number.
2018-1-14
Use props
Hoppenling
lvl.1

United States

There is no doubt that Mavic Pro is also a professional recording software. But as for me, I prefer to use Audio Capture for Mac that has the ability of recording any streaming music, like Apple Music, Spotify, etc.

But I don't mean to say I don't like Mavic.
2018-6-4
Use props
Folkestone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 843199 ft
United Kingdom

My Mavic has audio recording capability. I just need a slightly longer wire to make the most of its range.

2018-6-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

sigkill Posted at 2017-12-10 01:36

It would just be the sound of the drone, nothing else.
2018-6-4
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

This recording of audio on the phone has been available for months. It just records the environment where the phone is.
I found it useful to strip the background sound of people's distant voices and waves on the sea shore and use it in a vid of Navagio Beach, Zante.
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-3-7 09:45
my thought is, it is for facebook live application

love your avatar!
2018-6-4
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

found out about it a while ago by mistake, then when I played video  I heard my footsteps and MP blades, it's a good thing though that we now have the option.
2018-6-4
Use props
SparksBird
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

That is why I can hear my bird cussing up a storm at the birds to get the !@#$ out of the way
2018-6-4
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

You always could record audio but it's not coming from the drone but your smart device microphone. To my knowledge, there are no microphones located on the drone.
2018-6-4
Use props
GDL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Hong Kong

The microphone on drone can only record the prop noise
2018-6-4
Use props
fansaeb28bba
lvl.2
Flight distance : 175600 ft
Switzerland

I'd guess the audio recording on the phone is primarily for DJI's benefit, to gather all evidence possible to support them in case of a lawsuit..
2018-6-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Canada

SparksBird Posted at 2018-6-4 06:39
That is why I can hear my bird cussing up a storm at the birds to get the !@#$ out of the way

so that's what I heard lol SB
2018-6-5
Use props
bradzilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 40453 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I was wondering why i saw a toggle for sound recording on and off in the go-4 app.. never thought of phone mic...hmmmmmm....interesting....
2018-6-5
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

United States

As for me, I think Mavic Pro is a good audio recording software, but I hadn't take a try of it. I usually record simple audio or music with another program named DRmare Music Recorder. It can capture the music or audio you play on the website or the music streaming services in lossless audio quality with a fast speed. And then you can trim the recorded audio and edit the ID3 tags for them. After that, you can stream the music to other devices for offline listening. Hope this tip will help the needed people who just want to simply record the audio.
2019-7-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules