Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Trail Sprinting w/ Osmo Mobile
753 4 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CTIGUK
lvl.1
United States

I decide to give the Osmo Mobile the most rigorous test I could think of, so went to the top of a 2500 peak in Malibu, had my other half film me, while I sprinted towards her with the Osmo Mobile, and spliced together the two camera angles.
Not bad, eh?

There's also footage at the end where I ran over even rockier terrain, but that was impossible for her to film, just to really put it to the test.
2017-3-5
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Performed quite well in the first example. Panning while moving sends them a bit wild, running forward with it pointing sideways will result in a bad tilt. Makes me wonder at what speed the wind hitting the flat phone would start to cause problems?
2017-3-5
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.1
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-5 16:43
Performed quite well in the first example. Panning while moving sends them a bit wild, running forward with it pointing sideways will result in a bad tilt. Makes me wonder at what speed the wind hitting the flat phone would start to cause problems?

Yeah, it lost it a little towards the end of the second example.

As I couldn't really afford to look at the screen while running, I used the trigger to hold in place a few times, which is why when turning, it stayed pointing in the same direction until I realised and released the trigger. It was for this same reason that the device began to point down; I think when it tilted, it was a combination of thumbstick, trigger, wind and just the general speed of it. I would be fairly confident I wouldn't have thrown it off if I hadn't swung it to face the side the second time.

Still, for the incline/terrain and the speed, I was really impressed!
2017-3-5
Use props
fivetonine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Impressive how the OSMO stays quite still even in this conditions. Moving up/down though, this can only be avoided with the Z axis or the ninja walk. Or is there a ninja run?
2017-3-6
Use props
CTIGUK
lvl.1
United States

fivetonine Posted at 2017-3-6 12:19
Impressive how the OSMO stays quite still even in this conditions. Moving up/down though, this can only be avoided with the Z axis or the ninja walk. Or is there a ninja run?

Haha, if there is, I'll say this much, I'm not putting in the years to learn how to do it.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules