Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 2 camera off center
5245 22 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark847
lvl.2
Flight distance : 745374 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have noticed that my camera on my inspire 2 is tilted a little bit to the left (or right when facing the craft).  I have of course recentered and when I take it off and put it back on , it always ends up in the same place. see attachments.  Any ideas on how to fix?

camera issue.jpg
2017-3-5
Use props
Jack Do
New

South Korea

not booting motion?
my x4s firmware update and flight 3th battery change after error
2017-3-5
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

yes it does the boot sequence with all the funky movement etc.
2017-3-5
Use props
Jack Do
New

South Korea

do u same error?
2017-3-5
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

No my camera boots up fine and I'm able to use it.. just a little off center
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Jack Do Posted at 2017-3-5 19:31
not booting motion?
my x4s firmware update and flight 3th battery change after error

I responded to you on your own thread.
2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Mark847 Posted at 2017-3-5 19:45
No my camera boots up fine and I'm able to use it.. just a little off center

Have you tried performing an IMU calibration and a gimbal calibration in that order?
2017-3-5
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I did both of those, but believe I did the gimbal calibration first.  I will try it in that order and report back. thanks
2017-3-6
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I did this again in the order you mentioned and same result.  new pic. As you can see I put a square lined up directly going through the middle of the FPV camera... as you can see, the x4s is pointing well to the side.. you can see most of the camera. The DJI logo (which is centered) is completely visible. Should line up right in the middle.  Am I going to need to send this in to DJI for a fix?
Thanks

Inspire Issue 2.jpg
2017-3-6
Use props
Mark847
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Three things.

1. When doing the IMU calibration and it tells you to put the bird on it's sides... you have to hold it for this to work right? Because if you just set it like that , it's gonna fall over. So I just put it on it's side and hold it with my hand. Just was a little confused by this procedure.

2. Should the camera be attached or not for the IMU calibration or does it matter?

3. When I power on the craft BEFORE putting the camera on, my "Overall Status" comes up "Abnormal". When I click on it, it says "Aircraft Encoder Error(0X100000)  Contact DJI if this continues after restarting".   But as soon as I put the camera on , this goes away.  But then it comes back on every start up.. until I put the camera on. I believe this started after I did my first firmware update.

Thanks

2017-3-6
Use props
Alex G
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1366857 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Same problem in my Inspire 1 V2 with X3.
2017-5-11
Use props
Millardo
lvl.3
United States

My will do this from time to time.
I noticed that when I pan left and right, then hit recenter... it centers up.
Little glitchy in my opinion. The whole system isn't exactly perfect.
2017-5-11
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I wonder if the same "Easter Egg" will work for the Inspire 2 that I found for the Phantom 4 line.. Check out this thread and how it fixed my issue with the camera pointing off to the side.. DJI Natalia talks about calibrating the gimbal with the camera pointing up and the Phantom resting on it's back motors.. Some ways down in the thread she offers up a picture to describe what she is talking about. It worked for the Phantom - it MAY work for the Inspire..
2017-5-13
Use props
fans4b5422c4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37641 ft
United States

Mine is currently having the same exact gimbal issue, along with some compass issues that are preventing the aircraft from flying straight. I sent a video of both problems to DJI and they asked me to return the Inspire 2 and x4s gimbal for diagnosis and repair. It's a bummer that such an expensive platform is having these issues, but hopefully they get everything resolved quickly and we can get back to flying.
2017-5-16
Use props
Elektrica
First Officer
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mark847 Posted at 2017-3-6 21:04
Three things.

1. When doing the IMU calibration and it tells you to put the bird on it's sides... you have to hold it for this to work right? Because if you just set it like that , it's gonna fall over. So I just put it on it's side and hold it with my hand. Just was a little confused by this procedure.

I have the same identical issues, such as the bird falling on one side if I don't hold it during IMU calibration. I also get the encoding error from time to time. Are these 2 issues normal? I also purchase the glue for tightening the screws, but I cannot find any instruction on where to use it...
2017-5-17
Use props
maxmann74
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans4b5422c4 Posted at 2017-5-16 20:04
Mine is currently having the same exact gimbal issue, along with some compass issues that are preventing the aircraft from flying straight. I sent a video of both problems to DJI and they asked me to return the Inspire 2 and x4s gimbal for diagnosis and repair. It's a bummer that such an expensive platform is having these issues, but hopefully they get everything resolved quickly and we can get back to flying.

Keep me updated on what you find out on it. LIke how  long turnaround is to get your  drone back and if they tell you what they did. I will probably send mine in at some point. Been holding off.
2017-5-29
Use props
maxmann74
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-13 04:18
I wonder if the same "Easter Egg" will work for the Inspire 2 that I found for the Phantom 4 line.. Check out this thread and how it fixed my issue with the camera pointing off to the side.. DJI Natalia talks about calibrating the gimbal with the camera pointing up and the Phantom resting on it's back motors.. Some ways down in the thread she offers up a picture to describe what she is talking about. It worked for the Phantom - it MAY work for the Inspire..

can you put the link to this post? thanks
2017-5-29
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

maxmann74 Posted at 2017-5-29 08:21
can you put the link to this post? thanks

Yeah sorry about that.. I was doing it with my phone and it didn't take the first time..

http://forum.dji.com/thread-87837-1-1.html
2017-5-29
Use props
samwb63
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37641 ft
United States

maxmann74 Posted at 2017-5-29 08:21
Keep me updated on what you find out on it. LIke how  long turnaround is to get your  drone back and if they tell you what they did. I will probably send mine in at some point. Been holding off.

I'd heard bad things about DJI's customer service, but now I can attest to it first hand. I got "my" drone back today, only to discover that the FPV camera was tilted completely to one side and would not adjust in flight, rendering it basically useless. Upon closer inspection, the whole lower unit where the gimbal attaches, including sensors and that FPV camera, seem to be second-hand. They're dented up, scratched, and dirty. No surprise the FPV camera is broken, I'm sure it came to me pre-crashed. Communication has been near-impossible, and when I did get ahold of someone on the phone, they were useless. So far, DJI has been nothing but incompetent and thieving. I asked for a full refund or a BRAND NEW (not just passed off as such) unit, hopefully one that can finally fly properly for once. Still waiting to hear back.
2017-6-8
Use props
maxmann74
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

samwb63 Posted at 2017-6-8 14:51
I'd heard bad things about DJI's customer service, but now I can attest to it first hand. I got "my" drone back today, only to discover that the FPV camera was tilted completely to one side and would not adjust in flight, rendering it basically useless. Upon closer inspection, the whole lower unit where the gimbal attaches, including sensors and that FPV camera, seem to be second-hand. They're dented up, scratched, and dirty. No surprise the FPV camera is broken, I'm sure it came to me pre-crashed. Communication has been near-impossible, and when I did get ahold of someone on the phone, they were useless. So far, DJI has been nothing but incompetent and thieving. I asked for a full refund or a BRAND NEW (not just passed off as such) unit, hopefully one that can finally fly properly for once. Still waiting to hear back.

Wow.  Sorry man that is horrible.  I put my friend's X5s on my gimbal and it did the same thing with the off center, so the problem definitely seems to be in the gimbal.  After hearing your experience and just with the whole wait thing I doubt I will even send mine in. Fortunately it's  something I can work around, but when you spend that much money things it is frustrating and disappointing. Keep us updated on what happens, thanks
2017-6-20
Use props
lolders
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

Mark847 Posted at 2017-3-6 21:04
Three things.

I told them about this issue since day one of having in I2...  It will likely always stop if you don't have the remote powered on when you first turn on the aircraft to take it out of travel mode..  A simply way for DJI to fix this is to have the I2 power itself down after the landing gear is raised because lets be honest we aren't ready to fly yet!!  It already does this when you collapse it with the 6 button press, why not do it the other way for unboxing..  The aircraft encoder issue I had every time but after the last update, it seems to have stopped or my process works of makign sure the controller is off and you power down as soon as the landing gear raises.
As for the gimbal issue, mine has started doing that after the latest update...  I do IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration in that order and it eventually drifts away..  Only an issue it seems after latest update..
2017-9-6
Use props
Wexter
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2215259 ft
Czechia

Have the same problem with gimbal drift and I2 not flying straight. But i am not going to send it to DJI and wait for month, can afford that, we need to fly we have no spare I2

IMU and Gimbal calibrations is not working.
2017-9-7
Use props
UST
New
United States

Hello, I'm having the worst issue with my Inspire 2 charging hub. Lately it's only been recognizing half my batteries, thus only charging half my batteries. I have 3 sets and mark them A,B,C. I always fly with the same two batteries in a pair (AA, BB, CC). I'm positive I'm putting them in correctly, but the hub will only link on to certain batteries I have now. my A set isn't connecting, and one of my C batteries won't connect either. I'm responsible when I fly, and have kept the batteries in great shape. Not sure where to go from here, I've got a big video shoot in another week and I have to get these batteries up and running again.

- Mike
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules