Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Controller Charge only lasts one flight
1002 12 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 136453 ft
Australia

Been powering up the controller and mavic indoors to familiarise myself with the app and settings while watching youtube guides.  I've found the controller charge drops 'at the same rate' as the battery on the mavic.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 plugged into it via the USB on the bottom of the controller.

I'm going to test a Galaxy S5 phone via the side plug tonight, but most likely visiting the shop again asap.   There's no point in having 3 mavic batteries if the controller only lasts 27 mins.

Also, does anyone else think warranty replacements from the shop should take priority over pre-orders for faulty goods?  I don't like the prospect of waiting for replacement goods after waiting 1/3 of a year for the Mavic.  I've only had it 5 days and no outdoor flights yet (rain).
2017-3-5
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Should not, i fully charge my controller and can last at least 4 flights but there is still juice left but i charge again anyway...
2017-3-6
Use props
chippie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12976 ft
United Kingdom

Android devices suck charge from the controller however it should still not be draining it at that rate. I was getting ~3 batteries with my S6 or S7 however these are not tablets which depending on the battery size may suck more power from the controller of course. The device should actually suck less power via the bottom port than the side port also.
Few things I would try:

. A different cable to make sure it is not faulty and half the problem.

. Are you able to borrow an iPhone or iPad, these devices do nto drain the controllers battery and will give you a good indication if the actuall controllers battery may be faulty if the controller still drains fast whilst usig them.

If the controler does not drain the same with the phone you tried or an iOS device then it is most likely the Tab that is doing it otherwise I would say a fautly battery in the controller. I get 7 to 9 batteries worth with my iPand Mini 4.

Let us know how you get on.
2017-3-6
Use props
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Australia

Tried with my Galaxy S5.  60% controller battery drained to one full flight battery.  So the extra screen size of the Galaxy Note might account for the total battery drain while using it.   Going back to shop with it asap.
2017-3-6
Use props
Flyboyz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 142615 ft
Singapore

Btw i m on iPhone 6 plus..
2017-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I think I read somewhere that on Android you can change the type of USB connection you have to one that does not ask for juice -- you might look into that before starting the replacement process. Good luck.
2017-3-6
Use props
rparge
First Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

Try flying without the video device, it is not needed on the Mavic, then you would know for sure.
2017-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Settings, click USB debugging, fixed.
2017-3-6
Use props
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Australia

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-6 09:22
Settings, click USB debugging, fixed.

Settings in what?  Controller or phone, coz my phone has nothing like that.
2017-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

King Sirloin Posted at 2017-3-6 13:41
Settings in what?  Controller or phone, coz my phone has nothing like that.

Go to settings on android tablet or phone, click on about phone, click on build number then tap build number 7 times to enable developer options . Then click on developer options check the box that says USB debugging. Should take care of your battery drain problem.
2017-3-6
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-6 15:15
Go to settings on android tablet or phone, click on about phone, click on build number then tap build number 7 times to enable developer options . Then click on developer options check the box that says USB debugging. Should take care of your battery drain problem.

Should you have the remote on also when you try this fix?
2017-3-6
Use props
King Sirloin
lvl.1
Australia

Tried that setting, no improvement.  Returned to shop.  Was having other issues too so they recorded it as a DOA.  I will get a priority replacement over a pre-order when they get approval from DJI.

Thanks for the advice.
2017-3-6
Use props
jims3000
lvl.4
United States

turn off rapid charge if your tablet or phone has it turned on
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules