4167 24 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7046667 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello everyone, I want to block the mode of mavic in "ATTI" mode when I fly inside but from time to time it gets the GPS signal and behaves very badly so there is a solution for the mavic flies without signal GPS in indoor flig
2017-3-6
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Lead foil shielding wrapped around the tail section might be a possible solution, something I've been considering.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

It should behave normally while indoors if going from ATTI to GPS. Plus the VPS should keep the aircraft stable.
Any kind of modification will void the warranty if there's a crash. And yes, they can tell.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

hello Ken i suppose i speak with you for my dji care service and crahs P4 pro no ?? this request is for a friend who have lot of problem for fly indoor mode and its for me stupid than DJI dont create poition flly under mavic for fix this problem...
2017-3-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 10:31
It should behave normally while indoors if going from ATTI to GPS. Plus the VPS should keep the aircraft stable.
Any kind of modification will void the warranty if there's a crash. And yes, they can tell.

Ken

Has there been any discussion with the DJI software engineers giving the Mavic Pro Atti mode? I wonder if this is something they could include on the Go 4 App so the pilot can decide during indoor flights?

Thanks
Rich
2017-3-6
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-6 10:46
Ken

Has there been any discussion with the DJI software engineers giving the Mavic Pro Atti mode? I wonder if this is something they could include on the Go 4 App so the pilot can decide during indoor flights?

I'll answer for Ken as he has responded to this question MULTIPLE times!  Yes the engineers are aware of our desires to have this implemented in a  future SW/FW update.  Whatever or not they do, we will have to wait and see.  Has been discussed au nausea
2017-3-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-3-6 10:54
I'll answer for Ken as he has responded to this question MULTIPLE times!  Yes the engineers are aware of our desires to have this implemented in a  future SW/FW update.  Whatever or not they do, we will have to wait and see.  Has been discussed au nausea

AW
Sorry to bring this up again.... I was only thinking that he could help give us the visibility needed to get this added for Mavic Pro flyers. I am sure the software engineers have many things on their plate right now and our wish list is most likely a low priority

Rich
2017-3-6
Use props
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

thanks for all responses but for me its priority to integrtate this option under mavic pro option !! for the price and mavic technology for me its just incredible to back in past ..for fly and dont think to have this option avalaiblle....
2017-3-6
Use props
Thomas ASP
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2150814 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello, I had the problem today. The drone go from ATTI to GPS and go forward without any reason and crash in my couch without any reason
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

fans4861cfa3 Posted at 2017-3-6 10:41
hello Ken i suppose i speak with you for my dji care service and crahs P4 pro no ?? this request is for a friend who have lot of problem for fly indoor mode and its for me stupid than DJI dont create poition flly under mavic for fix this problem...

Your P4 Pro has a manual ATTI mode, the Mavic does not and I don't think they're will be.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-6 10:58
AW
Sorry to bring this up again.... I was only thinking that he could help give us the visibility needed to get this added for Mavic Pro flyers. I am sure the software engineers have many things on their plate right now and our wish list is most likely a low priority

Rich, ATTI has been requested across all social media and been brought to R&D since the brginning. I don't think it;s a feature they will add.
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Thomas ASP Posted at 2017-3-6 11:15
Hello, I had the problem today. The drone go from ATTI to GPS and go forward without any reason and crash in my couch without any reason

The VPS should keep it steady. Also, if flying in your house I would not use a $1,000 aircraft.
2017-3-6
Use props
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 11:31
Your P4 Pro has a manual ATTI mode, the Mavic does not and I don't think they're will be.

dont worry ii know that for P4pro, you dont work at DJI care too ? i discuss with Ken last friday  so dont worry i know your product but for me its just amazing dont included ATTTI mode on mavic pro !!
2017-3-6
Use props
fans4861cfa3
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

the progress feedbak finallly with mavic production !!! why your engineer dont create option under DJI GO 4.0 where is possible to move in ATTI mode for mavic !! its crazy situation
2017-3-6
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 11:34
The VPS should keep it steady. Also, if flying in your house I would not use a $1,000 aircraft.

You have to be careful flying in any enclosed space let alone indoors. VPS will work but only with sufficient lighting, which is why I guess Thomas ASP crashed into his sofa. If you can flood the floor with light you should be ok.
2017-3-6
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-6 11:33
Rich, ATTI has been requested across all social media and been brought to R&D since the brginning. I don't think it;s a feature they will add.

Thanks Ken
I guess I have not been paying attention to this one. As you already know, I have many DJI aircraft that have Atti mode on them, so I am not worried about it for myself.

Rich
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-3-6 11:50
Thanks Ken
I guess I have not been paying attention to this one. As you already know, I have many DJI aircraft that have Atti mode on them, so I am not worried about it for myself.

No problem Rich, maybe one day but not for mow.
2017-3-6
Use props
andy heath
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730144 ft
United States

plug ya drone into assistant open factory version, edit this command line   g_config_control_control_mode[2]        “Normal”        7        to 3 at the end...thats atti mode
2017-9-30
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I only see a reason to fly indoors , like your house... fun... because if you really need footage inside a house, why not just shoot with the Mavic handheld?
2017-9-30
Use props
GrahamG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73369 ft
United Kingdom

Or with a camera. If you want to fly indoors but a £50 drone....which will bounce off your telly not smash it.
2017-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

lets be honest here though, it would be hard for Dji to prove that someone shielded GPS vs unshielded if its done externally with tape and foil..  logs would just show no GPS signals.  

i mean, we as a community have been asking persistently for an Atti mode switch/toggle/hot function to assign to a button on our remote to manually get around when GPS may be problematic (line in and out of signal/interference)  so its only a matter of time before the community starts improvising since DJi is not listening.
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-1 02:21
lets be honest here though, it would be hard for Dji to prove that someone shielded GPS vs unshielded if its done externally with tape and foil..  logs would just show no GPS signals.  

i mean, we as a community have been asking persistently for an Atti mode switch/toggle/hot function to assign to a button on our remote to manually get around when GPS may be problematic (line in and out of signal/interference)  so its only a matter of time before the community starts improvising since DJi is not listening.

When gps is weak or problematic your Mavic will automatically go to Atti mode this is exactly the same with all dji craft, if you had a switch for Atti yes you could switch it but if gps returns how will you know it’s back surely in this situation it’s better that it happens automatically, unless I’m missing something.

I understand some looking for Atti separate switch so as to practice in Atti mode although why you would want to risk €1100 craft when there are any amount of cheap craft out there that will give you plenty of practice flying without gps.
2017-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-1 03:34
When gps is weak or problematic your Mavic will automatically go to Atti mode this is exactly the same with all dji craft, if you had a switch for Atti yes you could switch it but if gps returns how will you know it’s back surely in this situation it’s better that it happens automatically, unless I’m missing something.

I understand some looking for Atti separate switch so as to practice in Atti mode although why you would want to risk €1100 craft when there are any amount of cheap craft out there that will give you plenty of practice flying without gps.

some people (me included) sometimes want to fly in areas that may have very spotty gps meaning the aircraft will freak out more and more..
2017-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2017-10-1 03:43
some people (me included) sometimes want to fly in areas that may have very spotty gps meaning the aircraft will freak out more and more..

Aircraft won’t freak out if it goes into Atti mode it will behave exactly the same way as if you have a switch if gps returns it will become more stable. I’ve had AC go to Atti mode and back to gps and I can tell you it’s no different than switching. I understand that there are those who want the thrill or experience of flying Atti, but one year on and many asking for a switch and with release of spark also with no switch this is not going to happen, and while I’ve heard some very silly reasons for getting a switch I have also heard some very valid ones, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
I would love to fly Mavic in 30mph in Atti mode around an open field it’s great fun maybe M2.
2017-10-1
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-1 03:52
Aircraft won’t freak out if it goes into Atti mode it will behave exactly the same way as if you have a switch if gps returns it will become more stable. I’ve had AC go to Atti mode and back to gps and I can tell you it’s no different than switching. I understand that there are those who want the thrill or experience of flying Atti, but one year on and many asking for a switch and with release of spark also with no switch this is not going to happen, and while I’ve heard some very silly reasons for getting a switch I have also heard some very valid ones, but I don’t think it’s going to happen.
I would love to fly Mavic in 30mph in Atti mode around an open field it’s great fun maybe M2.

mine freaks out when it switches in and out of atti..  ;/
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules