New Pilots with Image quality problems...
1219 5 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

I know this is very simple and I should have realized it sooner, but hope this helps some new pilots/photographers.

I was constantly getting black and white zebra stripes on the video display from my Mavic.  I was trying to find some image settings that could effect this and found the overexposure settings.  The zebra stripe display was warning me that portions of my image were overexposed.  I turned this setting off and sure enough, the stripes went away.  This also led to another revelation.

Stupid mistake, but I didn't notice that the exposure lock icons was white not blue.  I had been flying with autoexposure turned off.  Silly me, but lesson learned.  Obviously, image quality has taken a major turn for the best!  

Hope this helps some others!
2017-3-6
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Live and learn.
2017-3-6
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

Well, I feel really dumb now.  After experimentation and referring to the manual, the blue on the AE lock icon means that the it locks the exposure not the other way around.  I also noticed that the EV was set to +7 but I have no idea why.  Changed this to -0- and looks good.  Sorry for the bad information.
2017-3-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is why it STRONGLY SIUGGESTED to read the manual!!! OR you can spend countless hours and or days learnign from mistakes!  
2017-3-6
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-6 18:13
That is why it STRONGLY SIUGGESTED to read the manual!!! OR you can spend countless hours and or days learnign from mistakes!

Dronist,

Your comment and silly emoji are not helpful.  I tried to offer advice that was humble and maybe helpful to some.  I neither presented myself as an expert or offered a thought that was anything but trying to be helpful.  I have certainly read the manual and I find it lacking in detail, especially when it comes to the DJI 4 app.  Nothing mentioned in the manual about some of the effects I mentioned earlier in my post.  Neither I or anyone else in this forum needs to be scolded by you.  TROLL.
2017-3-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-3-7 18:29
Dronist,

Your comment and silly emoji are not helpful.  I tried to offer advice that was humble and maybe helpful to some.  I neither presented myself as an expert or offered a thought that was anything but trying to be helpful.  I have certainly read the manual and I find it lacking in detail, especially when it comes to the DJI 4 app.  Nothing mentioned in the manual about some of the effects I mentioned earlier in my post.  Neither I or anyone else in this forum needs to be scolded by you.  TROLL.

First No one is SCOLDING YOU, or trolling you. The best advise given on this forum is, again and again and again, "READ THE MANUAL".

Second, you called yourself "STUPID", "REALLY DUMB"....and talking about silly Imogi
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules