Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
GONE
12Next >
4476 72 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

I recently lost my drone, if someone finds can they purchase a new controller and use my drone or will it alert me on my flight logs as to where my drone is? please help!
2017-3-6
Use props
CCrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

If they find it they could buy a controller and pair it and take off flying and you would never know.
2017-3-6
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

However, if your FAA registration is displayed and perhaps your phone number too, they might just call you...
2017-3-6
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
United States

CCrew Posted at 2017-3-6 11:58
If they find it they could buy a controller and pair it and take off flying and you would never know.

wow that sux
2017-3-6
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136686 ft

Australia

Do like others and upload your logs from your last flight. Plenty here will try to work out where it has gone.
2017-3-6
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Yes, upload your flight log, lost drones have been found before.
Here: http://healthydrones.com/
Or here: http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-3-6
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87428 ft
Canada

any chance you will share the circumstances leading up to " gone" ?
2017-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Have you tried to find it with the GPS coordinate showing in your flight records?
2017-3-7
Use props
flatpicker9972
New

United States

What happen how did you lose it?
2017-3-7
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-7 01:47
Have you tried to find it with the GPS coordinate showing in your flight records?

yeah the two houses it landed in front of claims it was never seen...it was stolen
2017-3-7
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
United States

flatpicker9972 Posted at 2017-3-7 06:52
What happen how did you lose it?

i had an emergency landing it took me 3min and 35secs to get to location and craft was gone i looked around asked a few people,no craft in sight- went back to the car and cried! the plane literally landed right in front of the house...what could i do.....nothing.....definitely will remember this if I ever get a chance to save up and will definitely get insurance.
2017-3-7
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-7 01:47

yes the house that it landed in front of denies any knowledge of any craft in the area!
2017-3-7
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-7 11:40
yes the house that it landed in front of denies any knowledge of any craft in the area!

That sucks, were you watching the video feed while it was landing?
2017-3-7
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Doesn't sound like it was in VLOS, was it a fly away?
2017-3-7
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Flight distance : 689774 ft
Taiwan

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-7 11:23
yeah the two houses it landed in front of claims it was never seen...it was stolen

I would have called the police.  That is if I had seen it land or had the video on my phone.

Do you have video on your phone. Also you flight logs you can show right away to the police if you drone had landed at someones house.
2017-3-7
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-7 11:40

I'd call the cops, tell them you lost control of it but have GPS proof it land there. Depending on the cop, he or she might knock on the peoples door and ask. Don't know if you don't try. Was it a low battery forced landing?
2017-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-7 11:39
i had an emergency landing it took me 3min and 35secs to get to location and craft was gone i looked around asked a few people,no craft in sight- went back to the car and cried! the plane literally landed right in front of the house...what could i do.....nothing.....definitely will remember this if I ever get a chance to save up and will definitely get insurance.

"what could i do.....nothing"

Without seeing flight data, we can't answer that but it is most likely that there were several things you could have done to have prevented the incident.
Post your flight data if you want to find out the cause of the problem and learn from the experience.
2017-3-7
Use props
fansba24c470
lvl.1
United States

Here is my log - what happened to my drone!

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/L8D4H1LPGK7TGR6G1GU8/
2017-3-8
Use props
Simon Child
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

The kml file makes it look as though you took off from a 6th floor window ledge - is that correct??

The log shows it lost signal and set off to return home. If you are lucky and it made it home then you may find it on your roof! Or in the street below.

What RTH altitude was it set to? Since it was already quite high when it started RTH then it may not matter, but if for some reason it went lower then it may have hit a building.
2017-3-8
Use props
JackA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Did you look at the end of the green line?  Looks like it crashed into the awning of the building.
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

I took off from the sidewalk of that building that it looks like i took off from inside of...

Once Returning To Home it looked like it was coming back to me - then it just disappeared.... I looked from the other side of the building and saw nothing... What is my next step to finding this drone? Contact the building?
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

It was above the height of the building at the time of last sight - it was Returning To Home
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

It looks like there is an offset for the GPS (est in Yellow). It would make sense that the end point would also offset the same amount (est in Red)

Seems to have finished at about 400ft
Where was it the last time you saw it?

Any Video?
Manhattan.JPG
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Another thought is the Home Point may have had the offset and it is sitting on that roof  between Han Dynasty and Ernesto Jewelry.
Manhattan2JPG.JPG
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 13:47
It looks like there is an offset for the GPS (est in Yellow). It would make sense that the end point would also offset the same amount (est in Red)

Seems to have finished at about 400ft

No video - last time in sight it was about 400 ft up - above the roof of Devi Nails on corner of 85th & Amsterdam - this was when RC Signal was lost - and from there I could not see it any longer - even went around the building to see if it was still visible, but nothing...
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 13:55
No video - last time in sight it was about 400 ft up - above the roof of Devi Nails on corner of 85th & Amsterdam - this was when RC Signal was lost - and from there I could not see it any longer - even went around the building to see if it was still visible, but nothing...

In that case I think it has gone back to the home point it had loaded. In the photo above it looks like a courtyard but with a roof at the base. I think it will be sitting there unless it has been picked up by someone.
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 14:04
In that case I think it has gone back to the home point it had loaded. In the photo above it looks like a courtyard but with a roof at the base. I think it will be sitting there unless it has been picked up by someone.

Thanks for the tip - will try and go get it tomorrow!
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 14:05

Assuming it landed successfully then it may well have been noticed in there at night as it would sit in the dark with the LED's flashing. There are quite a few windows looking into that space. It will depend on how that area is accessed. If it is locked and gone then a key holder may have your aircraft.

Hopefully it will be there waiting.

It does seem like a dangerous location to fly.
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 14:24
Assuming it landed successfully then it may well have been noticed in there at night as it would sit in the dark with the LED's flashing. There are quite a few windows looking into that space. It will depend on how that area is accessed. If it is locked and gone then a key holder may have your aircraft.

Hopefully it will be there waiting.

Was shooting aerials for a Realtor - went there numerous times - but i guess today was an unlucky day - you don't think the LED's will go out as the battery starts to die?
2017-3-8
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Canada

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 14:05

Im easily confused, but shotxc started this lost drone post, now jasondrone is searching for it ?  or is it one member with two different aliases ? or is jason hunting for a free drone ? or is there other than my confusion at play ? lol
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 14:27
Was shooting aerials for a Realtor - went there numerous times - but i guess today was an unlucky day - you don't think the LED's will go out as the battery starts to die?

You had 58% battery left at last contact. The motors draw a fair load but the general background control and LED's do not draw a lot. I think it will be quite a long time before it shuts down due to a flat battery.

Having a look on Google Earth it looks like the area is a light well for the surrounding buildings but not with general access. If that is the case then someone noticing a flashing light at night would probably need to wait until the next day for someone to get in. You may also have a problem getting access but if it were me I would be there at sparrow's all the same.
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

timnwcove Posted at 2017-3-8 14:42
Im easily confused, but shotxc started this lost drone post, now jasondrone is searching for it ?  or is it one member with two different aliases ? or is jason hunting for a free drone ?

I thought that but I think Jason cannot start his own thread so has just added on here as he lost one too. My assumption is two different people from the information and style of posting.
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 14:42
You had 58% battery left at last contact. The motors draw a fair load but the general background control and LED's do not draw a lot. I think it will be quite a long time before it shuts down due to a flat battery.

Having a look on Google Earth it looks like the area is a light well for the surrounding buildings but not with general access. If that is the case then someone noticing a flashing light at night would probably need to wait until the next day for someone to get in. You may also have a problem getting access but if it were me I would be there at sparrow's all the same.

Be there at sparrow's all the same?
2017-3-8
Use props
timnwcove
lvl.3
Canada

Cabansail Posted at 2017-3-8 14:45
I thought that but I think Jason cannot start his own thread so has just added on here as he lost one too. My assumption is two different people from the information and style of posting.

thanks cabansail.  i did edit my post as it unintentionally sounded not as intended .  hope both birds are located and in good shape.
2017-3-8
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 14:54
Be there at sparrow's all the same?

Sorry

Get there very early.

Sparrow's  is used here as meaning first thing in the morning as in "I wake up at Sparrow's F@rt"
2017-3-8
Use props
JasonDrone
lvl.1
United States

Drone is still missing
2017-3-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sorry to read about two lost drones in one thread.
I hope that you both are able to discover where the drones landed. Alternatively, it's wished that if found by others, that they will search you out, to return your lost drones.

RedHotPoker

2017-3-9
Use props
Cabansail
lvl.4

Australia

Did you have contact details on it?
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

Wow... you flew from a building but flew above and behind you so your RC lost signal with the drone.

Wait who are we answering here?

LOST DRONE

LOST DRONE
2017-3-9
Use props
blackcrusader
lvl.4
Taiwan

JasonDrone Posted at 2017-3-8 14:27

Does not seem an easy area to have been flying in.  
2017-3-9
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules