Can it really be that bad !
776 5 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve0510
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Morning

Is it just me or is this forum just full of gripes about the Mavic ? I recently bought one and find it excellent, what is the general rule of thumb and feelings on this drone ? i'm not sure how many Dji have sold but I cant believe that a drone selling for upwards of £1000 would be allowed to be that bad by the manufacturer ! Would be nice to see some positive stuff as well !

Steve
2017-3-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

As many people told me, this is the internet. If you search for people with problems you will find them. You won't hear about the vast majority of the people that are happy with their drone because they won't come to these forums if they don't have problems. Like any product, there are problems. For instance, many people complained that the P4 had many problems. Now, it is one of the worlds top selling drone if not the first.
The Mavic pro is a great drone and many people love it.
Personally, I am extremely happy with my Mavic pro.

Regards,
Yhadar
2017-3-7
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

It was all positive for me for the first 17 days and a total of 4 hours flight time, until I started getting a gimbal overload error after spending 1,400eur having to send it back for 60eur and just pray DJI will fix it for free and send it back to you asap not after a month. When that happens and my mavic continues to fly without any problems then I'll start being positive again. Awesome piece of equipment but it was rushed to compete with the gopro karma.
2017-3-7
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

It's for sure not a bad product - but apparently there are some issues that have to be brought to the table. What is clear is that Mavic is a small, compact drone that cannot be expected to deliver the same performance than the big brother Phantom.
2017-3-7
Use props
Airobotix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 357310 ft
United Kingdom

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-7 00:02
As many people told me, this is the internet. If you search for people with problems you will find them. You won't hear about the vast majority of the people that are happy with their drone because they won't come to these forums if they don't have problems. Like any product, there are problems. For instance, many people complained that the P4 had many problems. Now, it is one of the worlds top selling drone if not the first.
The Mavic pro is a great drone and many people love it.
Personally, I am extremely happy with my Mavic pro.

I totally agree. With the many thousands of Mavics sold to date there are bound to be some issues, but I would wager that this is a very small percentage of the total. Most problems can be attributed to pilot error and / or, not fully understanding how the a/c works. There's no substitute for reading the manual and watching the tutorial videos BEFORE your first flight.
2017-3-7
Use props
Sangarone
lvl.2
United States

You have to remember that the mavic most likely brought in a massive amount of first time drone buyers, so I would chalk up a lot of the issues to user inexperience... That being said, for $1,000 I would say that people (myself included) shouldnt have to deal with an inconsistent camera, busted gimbal out of box, smartphone connection issues, shipping delays etc etc etc. If you fork over $1000 for what is essentially a toy, you should expect seamless everything... Considering it comes from China and not Japan, people should expect some issues and inconsistencies, in my opinion closer to a $500 product than $1000.
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules