1234Next >
24683 140 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

Great. So from DJI site looks like just a RC update for the P4P+. Correct?
2017-3-10
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

Kilstorm Posted at 2017-3-10 07:17
For me yes. From the few other post I've read from others who have updated, they too have reported that was fixed for them as well.

Not for me , still the same at 4k 60FPS , no change
2017-3-10
Use props
gregcrammond72
lvl.2
Flight distance : 68737 ft
United Kingdom

Airwolf13 Posted at 2017-3-10 07:17
Did thus fix the issue of skipping video when in 4K mode?

No not for me , its the same at 4k 60FPS
2017-3-10
Use props
fans24e5ac71
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143468 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greetings everyone! Just got my P4P+ and cannot get the maps to work. My controller is connected to WiFi, but no maps are displayed in any of the modes. I tried using the "Download Offline Maps" feature but it comes up with a "Network not Available" message. The airplane icon is visible and it does rotate when I move the aircraft around. I've Googled until I couldn't Google anymore! Any help would be appreciated.
2017-3-10
Use props
Kilstorm
lvl.1
United States

fans24e5ac71 Posted at 2017-3-10 14:44
Greetings everyone! Just got my P4P+ and cannot get the maps to work. My controller is connected to WiFi, but no maps are displayed in any of the modes. I tried using the "Download Offline Maps" feature but it comes up with a "Network not Available" message. The airplane icon is visible and it does rotate when I move the aircraft around. I've Googled until I couldn't Google anymore! Any help would be appreciated.

I didnt have any issues after the patch to be able to select North American/USA/Mass and download the entire state of Mass.  Then I went out in the filed and the map load with no delay or issue andwasnot connected to any wifi.
2017-3-10
Use props
fans24e5ac71
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Kilstorm, were you using the Offline Maps feature? Mine would never find a server. I re-installed the update, cleared cache and still nothing. I got online with DJI support and that was useless; they just wanted me to keep turning everything off/on and then go fly again to see if it was fixed.
2017-3-10
Use props
Punchbuggy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Ok, flew my P4P after update with a couple of batteries today. Flew perfectly - no issues. Horizon? Perfectly level throughout video, which was on for the whole flight. Didn't lose it - stayed perfect.
Ok, I'm surprised too (sorry, DJI) so will confirm tomorrow.
2017-3-10
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

fans24e5ac71 Posted at 2017-3-10 14:44

Try to download Here We Go Maps app from the app store and launch it and try to download the map from within it. I remember that it has the option for offline maps.
2017-3-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Just flew my P4 Pro + after the update and she flies like a dream, to say I am impressed is an understatement! and I plucked up courage to take her 1500 metres with no signal or video feed loss ;-)
2017-3-11
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm just into my 4th day as a drone owner and needless to say, the documentation on the P4P+ is scarce.

1) I've looked on every screen to find how to change to P,S or A modes and cannot locate it.

2) I cannot get the offline maps feature to work, says "Network Unavailable".  Therefore, I have no maps (yes, the RC is connected to WiFi)

3) Sometimes the RC will beep continuously when it's first turned on and the light flashes. Usually, I have to wait until the app starts and then turn it off.

If anyone has any information on where to find a comprehensive user's manual (NOT DJI's) then I would be forever in your debt.
2017-3-11
Use props
Woodwanger
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Dennis D Posted at 2017-3-11 06:01
I'm just into my 4th day as a drone owner and needless to say, the documentation on the P4P+ is scarce.

1) I've looked on every screen to find how to change to P,S or A modes and cannot locate it.

I'm sure you just change the P,S and A modes on the rear left side of the RC where there is a switch! I am also a newbie to all this but I'm sure someone will confirm that.
2017-3-11
Use props
Flycap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 149843 ft
United States

The tilted horizon may not be a big deal to some, but try doing aerial panoramas and having to to arrange images that PTGui can't align. It's a deal killer and had I known in advance I would have held off until the issue is fixed. Also getting the gimbal twitch in flight as well although I just edit past it. The inflight twitch reminds me of the Phantom 2 twitch that was never fixed where the gimbal would just randomly yaw all the way to the left or right. DJI, if you are going to call it a PRO, fix it where PRO's can use it in our business without constantly babysitting it.
2017-3-11
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The-CROW Posted at 2017-3-11 05:44
Try to download Here We Go Maps app from the app store and launch it and try to download the map from within it. I remember that it has the option for offline maps.

I'll try that, but not sure the P4P+ will allow it.
2017-3-11
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

Dennis D Posted at 2017-3-11 09:29
I'll try that, but not sure the P4P+ will allow it.

I have the P4P so I'm not sure if the P4P+ lets you install apps. Please let us know if it works.
2017-3-11
Use props
TheMann58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-3-11 06:32
I'm sure you just change the P,S and A modes on the rear left side of the RC where there is a switch! I am also a newbie to all this but I'm sure someone will confirm that.

You are correct, Woodwanger!  P, S, A flight mode switch is at left, rear of the remote controller. Beginners should stick to "P" mode for full GPS and vision position stability flight control. S is for SPEED mode - still has GPS positioning, but increases maximum speed to 44mph. A is for "Attitude" mode with no GPS positioning, which means the P4Pro will drift with the wind and not maintain position during hover.
2017-3-11
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Airmunn Posted at 2017-3-10 06:23
HELLO ALL,   Updated with the NEW P4P+ firmware.  Trying to figure out how the OFF LINE MAPS work... Downloaded my area and was expectiing to be able to use offline feature.  How do I use the OFFLINE MAPS ? I still need to be connected to WIFI to get the maps to work. HELP anyone?  Thanks

I wish I could help you. I just got my P4P+ and can't even connect to the "network" to get my maps. I have internet connection, but can't get it to download offline maps
2017-3-11
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

TheMann58 Posted at 2017-3-11 13:06
You are correct, Woodwanger!  P, S, A flight mode switch is at left, rear of the remote controller. Beginners should stick to "P" mode for full GPS and vision position stability flight control. S is for SPEED mode - still has GPS positioning, but increases maximum speed to 44mph. A is for "Attitude" mode with no GPS positioning, which means the P4Pro will drift with the wind and not maintain position during hover.

I guess it would've help if I had removed that sticker that said read manual first! Geesh!! Also, has anyone noticed the diagrams in the manual show the RC upside-down? I guess they assumed you were going to just flip it over instead of turning it around. Still can't get my offline maps to work....
2017-3-11
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

Will my saved videos at 1280 X 720 with the + android tablet still have choppy playback? pretty much 90% of all saved video to the device has choppy back :/
2017-3-12
Use props
Alpine Force 1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1430 ft
France

Alpine Force 1 Posted at 2017-3-12 04:25
Will my saved videos at 1280 X 720 with the + android tablet still have choppy playback? pretty much 90% of all saved video to the device has choppy back :/

( sorry the Crystal Sky Display unit  that identifies the + pack)
2017-3-12
Use props
marcus_hsc
New

Norway

Hi everyone

I updated the Phantom 4 pro+ and the controller yesterday and when inside the DJI GO app the controller starts to sound awful. A very loud and strange noise cuts through my ears. When inside the app pressing
for example autofocus in the middle of the screen the noise starts. When I start the motors of the Phantom the noise is there all the time. This never happend with the old firmware. Anyone here that experience this? It has to do with the new firmware. Here is a short video.

Please fix this ASAP DJI
2017-3-12
Use props
taurus35
lvl.4
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

Is anyone else seeing that the option to switch between 2.4Ghz & 5.8Ghz has gone missing in this latest update?

EDIT: I think I may have been looking at the settings when not connected to the Phantom fully. Flew briefly today & the option was available.....sorry for causing panic
2017-3-12
Use props
goldenorfephoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3405390 ft
United Kingdom

i am so glad i havnt updated my firmware & + controller if all these issues are occuring, mine flys perfectly at moment so not going to risk it untill next bug fix.      the off line maps are something i need but not worth it just for that
2017-3-12
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15673 ft
New Zealand

ok so this is not gotten outta hand.I own the Phantom 4 Pro and since i got the drone iive faced this issue with "Navegation System Error" Check Redundancy State. it happens everytime i start the drone   i have done IM caliberations , GPS caliberations  i have up graded firmwares and downgraded firmware i have uninstalled the app and then downloaded and installed it again,yet not changed before this would happen and after a couple of tries of switching off the drone and putting it back on ,the drone would work  but off late that frequency has gone lower and lower to where now it ust does not take off   what's happening DJI ? i asked the authorised dealer in mumbai and he says that its an issue with the app , is it ? i am beyond harrowed and ive come on holiday all the way to New Zealand from Mumbai  and my dam drone doesnt work. I NEED ASSISTANCE DJI
2017-3-12
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
New Zealand

ok so this is not gotten outta hand.I own the Phantom 4 Pro and since i got the drone iive faced this issue with "Navegation System Error" Check Redundancy State. it happens everytime i start the drone   i have done IM caliberations , GPS caliberations  i have up graded firmwares and downgraded firmware i have uninstalled the app and then downloaded and installed it again,yet not changed before this would happen and after a couple of tries of switching off the drone and putting it back on ,the drone would work  but off late that frequency has gone lower and lower to where now it ust does not take off   what's happening DJI ? i asked the authorised dealer in mumbai and he says that its an issue with the app , is it ? i am beyond harrowed and ive come on holiday all the way to New Zealand from Mumbai  and my dam drone doesnt work. I NEED ASSISTANCE DJI[img][/img]
Screenshot_2017-03-11-18-20-58-691_36.jpg
2017-3-12
Use props
fans552e88a2
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197680 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Flycap Posted at 2017-3-11 07:30
The tilted horizon may not be a big deal to some, but try doing aerial panoramas and having to to arrange images that PTGui can't align. It's a deal killer and had I known in advance I would have held off until the issue is fixed. Also getting the gimbal twitch in flight as well although I just edit past it. The inflight twitch reminds me of the Phantom 2 twitch that was never fixed where the gimbal would just randomly yaw all the way to the left or right. DJI, if you are going to call it a PRO, fix it where PRO's can use it in our business without constantly babysitting it.

Having followed the Phantom from the P1 days through to my current P4P I think I am more understanding and a tolerant of the quirks that still prevail in current models. Flight has become so much easier and improvements are impressive over the last few years. Unless you appreciate this then I guess its difficult to accept. Nothing is perfect
2017-3-13
Use props
fans552e88a2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The-CROW Posted at 2017-3-11 12:16
I have the P4P so I'm not sure if the P4P+ lets you install apps. Please let us know if it works.

No it doesn't hence why I went for the P4P and not the +. I like my reliable apple products too. Even if the + did start to allow 3rd party apps to install id have to buy the apps all over again. Just doesn't make sense.
2017-3-13
Use props
fans552e88a2
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Double D Posted at 2017-3-12 19:31
ok so this is not gotten outta hand.I own the Phantom 4 Pro and since i got the drone iive faced this issue with "Navegation System Error" Check Redundancy State. it happens everytime i start the drone   i have done IM caliberations , GPS caliberations  i have up graded firmwares and downgraded firmware i have uninstalled the app and then downloaded and installed it again,yet not changed before this would happen and after a couple of tries of switching off the drone and putting it back on ,the drone would work  but off late that frequency has gone lower and lower to where now it ust does not take off   what's happening DJI ? i asked the authorised dealer in mumbai and he says that its an issue with the app , is it ? i am beyond harrowed and ive come on holiday all the way to New Zealand from Mumbai  and my dam drone doesnt work. I NEED ASSISTANCE DJI

What platform are you? Im guessing Android? No problems with my P4P using IOS
2017-3-13
Use props
Arpin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4506073 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

After updating the latest dji phantom 4 pro firmware, when i turn on the RC (with display), it will state connect the aircraft to update your data, i dont know what is happening with this statement, and i feel uncomfortable with this problem, anybody know how to solve this problem, many thanks
2017-3-13
Use props
fansefd175a1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1329 ft
United States

Arpin Posted at 2017-3-13 12:30
After updating the latest dji phantom 4 pro firmware, when i turn on the RC (with display), it will state connect the aircraft to update your data, i dont know what is happening with this statement, and i feel uncomfortable with this problem, anybody know how to solve this problem, many thanks

Connect to wifi and accept new Terms for software  ( flying in restricted areas)
2017-3-13
Use props
AerialZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Most important update - NO MORE VIDEO LAG/CUT-OUT on R/C shooting 4K 30FPS.  I just came in from a short test flight after updating and am very pleased.  I only flew for about 5 minutes before heading out of the office but this was the big one with the P4P+.  I'm hoping to do a lot more testing in days ahead as it warms up a bit.
2017-3-13
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

Airmunn Posted at 2017-3-10 06:23
HELLO ALL,   Updated with the NEW P4P+ firmware.  Trying to figure out how the OFF LINE MAPS work... Downloaded my area and was expectiing to be able to use offline feature.  How do I use the OFFLINE MAPS ? I still need to be connected to WIFI to get the maps to work. HELP anyone?  Thanks

I may be wrong, but I believe I read that it only uses the base maps, and not satellite to hybrid maps.  Make sure you selected the "correct" maps.  I wish this was enabled  on iOS devices!

2017-3-13
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2128648 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arpin Posted at 2017-3-13 12:30

Im having the exact same problem.
2017-3-13
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansefd175a1 Posted at 2017-3-13 14:34
Connect to wifi and accept new Terms for software  ( flying in restricted areas)

Where can you accept these terms. My controller automatically connects to the WIFI so it doesn't give me any options to do this.
2017-3-13
Use props
Mavic 395
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fansefd175a1 Posted at 2017-3-13 14:34

where can to accept agree to new terms. my controller automatically connects to wifi
2017-3-13
Use props
fansefd175a1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1329 ft

Mavic 395 Posted at 2017-3-13 16:19
where can to accept agree to new terms. my controller automatically connects to wifi

You have to be i in restricted area to get warning.
Read here .....

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
2017-3-13
Use props
Double D
lvl.1
New Zealand

fans552e88a2 Posted at 2017-3-13 04:56
What platform are you? Im guessing Android? No problems with my P4P using IOS

used android and iOS ...still the problem persists
2017-3-13
Use props
Drondolet
New
Flight distance : 51083 ft
Russia

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-3-7 09:18
Still no GCS Pro for the Pro+?

Scandalous. What are they waiting for? Phantom 5?

Maybe it will in the next update? DJI Support - please do it
2017-3-14
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Netherlands

And please switch us p4p+ owners to google maps. Here maps are very outdated, lores, etc. Or give us the opportunity to install other apps.

I really regret my purchase of the + infact I am looking for a p4p controller to replace the +, doing so i will be able to use whatever software I want eg screen recording etc. And the ability to use google maps on my note 4 like i do with the mavic pro
2017-3-14
Use props
Plzi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1269475 ft
Czechia

I use P4P with HDMi out modul (HeadPlay display). Before update I can use headplay and simultaneously I see video in the mobile connect at RC (DJI GO 4) . Now when I connect Headplay is DJI Go 4 -  NO SIGNAL and video is freez. Firmware RC is now 1.4.0.0 I can downgrade 1.3.0.0. and do not it. I can use both device for pilot (DJI Go 4) and second operation for preview on the HDMI out! Please help me.Thx.
2017-3-14
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

New update...BUT STILL with choppy video issues when in 4k 60 frames.  DJI didn't do squat to correct the issues..HEY Natalie...your genius DJI engineers still working on a solution eh?  Pathetic!
2017-3-14
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules