Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Anybody else hating v01.03.0500?
2022 20 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yhadar
lvl.4
Israel

Since the update, the boot up sound changed and when I fly the Mavic doesn't stay as still as it used to. Anybody else has these problems with the firmware?

Thanks,
Yhadar
2017-3-7
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

So far mine is rock solid!  going out on the weekend again I will have a closer look at it.
2017-3-7
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

No new problems here over the last couple of versions, though apparently third party apps need updates to accommodate the very latest firmware.
2017-3-7
Use props
dr. D
First Officer
Flight distance : 8699150 ft
Netherlands

Yhadar, is the new sound so annoying for you that made another thread?
2017-3-7
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Haven't noticed much change in the start up tone of the Mavic, but the latest firmware has been rock solid to date.
2017-3-7
Use props
Chet2323

United States

Same here Rock solid
2017-3-7
Use props
zaphforty7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 915928 ft
United States

Wear headphones and do an IMU calibration (in no particular order)
2017-3-7
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

After updating my mavric keeps stopping during flight because it thinks there's something in front of it even 400 feet in the air. I was wondering if it might be a cloaked UFO??? But seriously I had to downgrade because .400 was stable enough. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We have reported the boot up sound and our engineers will get it solved as soon as possible.
Please try to do the IMU calibration on a complete flat surface then test again.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-7 13:50
After updating my mavric keeps stopping during flight because it thinks there's something in front of it even 400 feet in the air. I was wondering if it might be a cloaked UFO??? But seriously I had to downgrade because .400 was stable enough. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Did you get any error message when it stop?
Could you please sync your flight records and provide me with your DJI account email and the exact date this occurred?
I'll help to check it.
Is your DJI account email the same as your forum email?
2017-3-7
Use props
Socalrob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5892 ft
  • >>>
United States

The sound is no big deal to me, seems insignificant. The update went well for me like the others. Flys really well.  I am curious as to why people focus on the startup sound, it's such a small part of what we do with this thing.
2017-3-7
Use props
NoSale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

My firmware upgrade completed in about 15 minutes with no issues.  Fly very well.

No flying issues or such.  updated via iOS......
2017-3-7
Use props
GMG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-3-7 13:50

When this happened, we're you flying  into/toward the sun?  This is a known (and unsettling) issue, which I've encountered several times.
2017-3-7
Use props
Tang19699
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2138310 ft
United States

I don't mind the sound. I wouldn't let me land today. I held the left stick down for 30 sec and as soon I release it, it goes back to a 4-5 foot hover. No warnings...etc. Had to turn off the bottom sensor settings and was finally able to land.
Once landed, without turning anything off, I turned the sensors back on, took off for a short minute flight and re landed without any problems. Never had a landing problem before and hope it was just a fluke.
2017-3-7
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

Yes Litchi and Autopilot are unusable now after this update.
Received this mail

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team
2017-3-8
Use props
The Rev
Captain
Flight distance : 1256837 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-7 18:44
We have reported the boot up sound and our engineers will get it solved as soon as possible.
Please try to do the IMU calibration on a complete flat surface then test again.

When will they fix this?

Dear Litchi Pilots,

There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected.

The Litchi Team

Autopilot is also unusable
2017-3-8
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.1
United States

.500 is working well for me. No problems thus far
2017-3-8
Use props
joeyzahnd
New
Switzerland

No issues with the new update so far for me
2017-3-8
Use props
garnets88
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286611 ft
United States

I felt like the speed has reduced substantially after the new firmware update. I tried several times, its not going above 35mph in sport mode. Bummer
2017-3-8
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
First Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

garnets88 Posted at 2017-3-8 06:39
I felt like the speed has reduced substantially after the new firmware update. I tried several times, its not going above 35mph in sport mode. Bummer

Perhaps this is how they "fixed" the overcurrent thing.  I can only hit just above 36mph.  Maybe the wind is shifting so I have a constant headwind 360 degrees?  
2017-3-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Captain
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I lied, I hear the startup chime change now.
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules