Resolution is poor
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Guys-

Sorry, I thought I posted this before. But then when I searched, it looks like I didn't.

Anyways, I created a video last fall going over a wheat field at about 20-25mph. As you can see in the video, it's blurry outside of 20 yards. I have my videos set at 1080p@60fps. I am wondering what is causing this blurriness. Is it the video editing process? I am using Cyberlink Power Director 14. Even the stock video is not super clear. There is some blurriness. But the final product is horrible as you can see here in this video (Starts at about 1:20 mark).

Any suggestions on what I can do? I actually re did this video and it still ended up the same. I am just wondering if the camera is not focusing fast enough. Thoughts?
2017-3-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's not a resolution problem.  It's a compression issue because the subject matter is just too much for the compression to deal with at speed.
2017-3-7
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

So what would be the fix for that?
2017-3-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

All bets are off when trying to appraise material that has been post-produced. Can you post a small piece of un-edited footage on Dropbox. But in any event, Labroides is quite correct, the limitations of the MPEG compression are what you are facing there, the question is, how much it is due to the camera, and how much due to the editing.
2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Like Geebax mentioned, if we can see a sample video straight from the SD card via Dropbox, that would be appreciated for further evaluation.
2017-3-8
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

Could also be because when you submit to youtube, it downgrades your resolution
2017-3-8
Use props
Blackbeagle
lvl.3
United States

Sloan Fischer Posted at 2017-3-8 10:31
Could also be because when you submit to youtube, it downgrades your resolution

Does this happen? I've seen a lot of YouTube video that are simply fantastic, in 1080p and 4K. I have wondered about the uploading process to YT. Does it degrade the quality of the video once it's on YT? That, I don't know. I'll see about getting a stock clip on  here to see what you guys think. But it blurs as well on the stock but not as  bad.
2017-3-8
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.3
United States

Blackbeagle Posted at 2017-3-8 14:07
Does this happen? I've seen a lot of YouTube video that are simply fantastic, in 1080p and 4K. I have wondered about the uploading process to YT. Does it degrade the quality of the video once it's on YT? That, I don't know. I'll see about getting a stock clip on  here to see what you guys think. But it blurs as well on the stock but not as  bad.

It does downgrade the quality, but only by a little bit. It is very annoying to be honest
2017-3-8
Use props
Phantom3ProPilo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 612825 ft
Croatia

It is mostly the PowerDirector
It compressed my footage so much no matter what format or settings I tried to render it in
The footage was 1080p@30fps
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules