Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Snail - i want one
4482 19 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Its not slimey and slow and I want it

2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

2017-3-7
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Wow man. Almost need seat belts on to the couch to view this. Lol.
2017-3-7
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Badbobstikibar Posted at 2017-3-7 18:25
Wow man. Almost need seat belts on to the couch to view this. Lol.

I've was watching them with my fatshark goggles and almost fell over, feeling a bit sea sick now
2017-3-8
Use props
Badbobstikibar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 620112 ft
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-8 02:46
I've was watching them with my fatshark goggles and almost fell over, feeling a bit sea sick now

That's funny. Can almost see ya doing it. I have a big outdoor movie theatre to watch it on when it warms up. This is how we watch NASCAR  night racing . When they show the incar shots , you feel like you're right there.lol screen size is 14 x 20  feet so watching your video will be cool.
2017-3-8
Use props
Sloan Fischer
lvl.4
United States

Fast! very cool
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

Badbobstikibar Posted at 2017-3-8 10:08
That's funny. Can almost see ya doing it. I have a big outdoor movie theatre to watch it on when it warms up. This is how we watch NASCAR  night racing . When they show the incar shots , you feel like you're right there.lol screen size is 14 x 20  feet so watching your video will be cool.

Sounds like a great party night. I'd be using it for FPV flying all the time, or even the Phantom output on a screen like that would be sweet.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans687d3f39
lvl.1

Italy

It's very fun,dji sell this quad complete?
2017-3-8
Use props
fans687d3f39
lvl.1

Italy

If dji sell this racing quad wins,I see a smiles of people racing owners
2017-3-8
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

fans687d3f39 Posted at 2017-3-8 23:04

Not yet, I haven't seen the frame for sale anywhere yet. Motors and bits can be bought from here - http://store.dji.com/category/snail

Some of the Takyon stuff is out here - http://store.dji.com/category/takyon

I'm guessing not long before you'll be able to buy a RTF kit. But there is enough to start with on a standard frame.
2017-3-9
Use props
fans687d3f39
lvl.1

Italy

mmm ready to fly is more interesting for lot of beginner people, and i hope dji move to this direction
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans687d3f39 Posted at 2017-3-8 23:04

Like others have mentioned, all that's available is a DIY propulsion kit. The frame in that video is 3rd pary. The smallest DJI frame you could put it on is a F330.
2017-3-9
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-9 15:22
Like others have mentioned, all that's available is a DIY propulsion kit. The frame in that video is 3rd pary. The smallest DJI frame you could put it on is a F330.

Hi Jamie, I have an eachine wizard x220 as a starter, but I really like the idea of the quick release props, so would I be able to just swap the motors out with the Snails? Are the motor fixings the same, will all the other bits go with the motors, will the 5048s tri-blade fit (is 50 the size, and 48 the pitch?)

The snail motors 2305 - so that's 23 wide and 05 high? bit bigger than than the 2205 on there already? I'll need to remove the little shrouds they put around the motor on the frame for sure..

Some specs on the wizard :

Wheelbase: 220mm
Compatible with max 5 inch propeller
Compatible with 2206, 2208 motor
Kingkong 5040 3-Blade Propeller
MN2205 2300KV Motor
20A BLHELI_S  ESC
F3 6DOF flight controller

Thanks
2017-3-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-9 17:34
Hi Jamie, I have an eachine wizard x220 as a starter, but I really like the idea of the quick release props, so would I be able to just swap the motors out with the Snails? Are the motor fixings the same, will all the other bits go with the motors, will the 5048s tri-blade fit (is 50 the size, and 48 the pitch?)

The snail motors 2305 - so that's 23 wide and 05 high? bit bigger than than the 2205 on there already? I'll need to remove the little shrouds they put around the motor on the frame for sure..

The Snail motors aren't compatible with 3rd party ESCs. You would have to switch out both, but the FC the Wizard uses should be fine. You are correct that the Snail motors are a tad bigger than what's stock on your rig, so a little tweaking would be in order.
2017-3-10
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-10 13:05
The Snail motors aren't compatible with 3rd party ESCs. You would have to switch out both, but the FC the Wizard uses should be fine. You are correct that the Snail motors are a tad bigger than what's stock on your rig, so a little tweaking would be in order.

Thanks, I'll order the complete propulsion set and some props. Time to get my soldering iron out..

I may wait a little while because I'm crashing quite a bit and I may as well kill these motors props before getting some nice ones!
2017-3-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-3-11 02:43
Thanks, I'll order the complete propulsion set and some props. Time to get my soldering iron out..

I may wait a little while because I'm crashing quite a bit and I may as well kill these motors props before getting some nice ones!

That sounds like at plan, best of luck to you!
2017-3-11
Use props
RogFlyer44
lvl.1

United States

hello guys I am new to dji forum and new to quadcopter in generals ( sorry if my questions are little dumb). i had a question about dji snail propulsion system which is do they work with naza m v2, i know naza would be too much for a smaller build but i really like to have dji's gps system onboard. If they do indeed work fine together can someone please explain me the gains settings for naza m v2 when paired with snail propulsion system.
PLEASE & THANK YOU
my build is
flight controller: Dji Naza M V2
motors: Dji snail propulsion
esc: Dji 430-r
battery: 2500mah 150c (more than 30amps continuous for 430-r's)
Frame: ROBOCAT 270
2017-4-25
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
First Officer
United Kingdom

RogFlyer44 Posted at 2017-4-25 23:01
hello guys I am new to dji forum and new to quadcopter in generals ( sorry if my questions are little dumb). i had a question about dji snail propulsion system which is do they work with naza m v2, i know naza would be too much for a smaller build but i really like to have dji's gps system onboard. If they do indeed work fine together can someone please explain me the gains settings for naza m v2 when paired with snail propulsion system.
PLEASE & THANK YOU
my build is

No idea, hopefully someone will be able to help. Decided tiny whoop is best until I stop crashing so much
2017-4-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

RogFlyer44 Posted at 2017-4-25 23:01
PLEASE & THANK YOU
my build is

There isn't a set gain settings when pairing the two up. The Naza V2 manual has some gain setting recommendations for a F450, which is a bit bigger than the smallest Flamewheel airframe that can fit the Snail system, the F330. That might give you a starting point. In general, you would want to start with higher gains to where it vibrates a bit and then work your way down in value.
2017-4-26
Use props
fans9d17ae71
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295 ft
Romania

Hi Guys,
I have already a snail system for FPV and another one on the way.. it should reach me next week. The system is brilliant... lots of power..but i cannot make it run ok with the snail esc. Very high oscillations at lower rpm. I need to raise idle speed on airmode and the quad does not descend as fast as want to... i modified through the programer the min throttle to 1048, but I cannot make it work. Can you help ? I see a lot of youtube clips that show the system work... P.S., I'm using Kiss FC, and now for me to enjoy the snail I use cheap blheli-s esc's.... help me please unleash the snail.
Thank you,
2017-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules