Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autoflightlogic and Litchi are suffering Inspire 2 firmware update
1468 3 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

Just got message from Autoflightlogic Autopilot that recent Inspire 2 update could cause erratic flight behavior. Litchi sent similar message. Both softwares could be used with limited functionality according information they sent.
My tool is grounded and projects postponed or cancelled because of this. I see it is very good and responsible to report risks like these software vendors did. Service bulletins like in manned aviation should arrive to RPAS aviation as well.

Message from Autopilot email: "There is currently an issue with the latest DJI firmware for the Mavic Pro, Phantom 4 Pro and Inspire 2 which causes erratic flight behavior in Autopilot. We do not recommend* using Autopilot with these aircraft types until a resolution has been found for this issue. If you are using firmware 01.03.0200 or below, you should not see these issues.

* It is still possible to safely use Human Flight Control Modes and Waypoint Mode as long as Lost Connection is set to Continue Mission (LCMC).

We will send out another correspondence when this issue has been resolved."

Litchi (copied from forum): "There is currently an issue with the recently released firmwares for Mavic Pro (v01.03.0500), Inspire 2 (v01.0.0240) and Phantom 4 Pro (v01.03.0418) where the drone will fly erratically in some of Litchi’s flight modes. If you already installed one of these firmwares, we highly recommend not using these flight modes until the issue is fixed with a DJI firmware update. The following flight modes are affected: VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking active, Follow, Focus and Track. All other flight modes (including FPV, Waypoint, Orbit and VR with Immersive/Joystick Head Tracking OFF) are unaffected"
2017-3-7
Use props
ScooterC5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm actually surprised that either one of these companies even allow the software to run on non-tested firmwares.  They should really lock the software to the latest 'tested' firmware or earlier.  Once they test the software to work with the latest firmware release, they can then unlock the software (via an update) to work with that firmware.  Granted, users should be aware not to use the software until they have confirmation from the vendor that it works with the latest firmware, but this method of locking the software would at least mitigate a lot of risk.  No need for urgent bulletins hoping people see it before it's too late.
2017-3-7
Use props
Kopteristi
lvl.3
Finland

ScooterC5 Posted at 2017-3-7 22:04
I'm actually surprised that either one of these companies even allow the software to run on non-tested firmwares.  They should really lock the software to the latest 'tested' firmware or earlier.  Once they test the software to work with the latest firmware release, they can then unlock the software (via an update) to work with that firmware.  Granted, users should be aware not to use the software until they have confirmation from the vendor that it works with the latest firmware, but this method of locking the software would at least mitigate a lot of risk.  No need for urgent bulletins hoping people see it before it's too late.

Good idea.
I believe that is possible to do because everything is so linked to tablet. DJI Go should also tell all known problems on startup instead of commercials (modern service bulletin) and same info should be possible to be linked third party software startup screen.
Upcoming EU regulations goes towards professional aviation and I'm sure we see big changes on how we are allowed to fly our birds, if are allowed at all using drones sold today. Aviation regulations tends to spread around to the globe eventually.
2017-3-8
Use props
Heyandy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 413009 ft
United States

ScooterC5 Posted at 2017-3-7 22:04

Being in the "firmware" game myself on different things, the challenge is that even if the developers of Litchi and Autopilot are given the beta or pre-releases of new firmware to test, they can only test so many different use cases before DJI is ready to release the firmware to the "wild".  It would be difficult to say that a small handful of people using the new firmware will cover all cases.
I suspect that these vendors are forced into this mass email approach because once DJI releases the new firmware, thousands of users almost immediately upgraded.  Many more then were tested by the developers.

While I hope Litchi and Autopilot would find the obvious problems quickly (again, assuming DJI provides them beta versions of the firmware), they won't catch everything.
2017-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules