Rollback to previous firmware
2791 30 2017-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

Why doesn't DJI allow the rollback to previous firmware? With the latest firmware affecting so many people, wouldn't it be a simple thing to give the option to restore the previous firmware and wait for a fix for the latest version if we so choose. You can do it with your iPhone, last time I looked with my P4, why not the I2? What am i missing here?
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry about the inconvenience. This version of firmware contains some major change. To make sure users have consistent experience with the product, we decided not to allow the downgrading of Inspire 2 (for this particular version)

The release note of the firmware contains the following notice,
"Once the firmware has been updated, it cannot be downgraded to a former version."
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease+Notes_EN.pdf

Do you have any issues with the current firmware?
2017-3-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765909 ft
United States

question, has anyone felt like they have noticed a reduced speed with the I2 since the new firmware upgrade?
2017-3-8
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-3-8 08:46
question, has anyone felt like they have noticed a reduced speed with the I2 since the new firmware upgrade?

I have not done the update for 2 reasons:
1- locked ISO (at 500)  when using DLOG. (I understand why it was implemented, but do not agree with it in any way)

2- Firmware messing up X4s units.. So far the only fix I have seen is send in your now broken X4s to DJI to be fixed. No word from DJI on here about a firmware fix coming or anything.
2017-3-8
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-3-8 09:41
1- locked ISO (at 500)  when using DLOG. (I understand why it was implemented, but do not agree with it in any way)

Luckily the store i bought my X4S took it back, dji manhattan called them.  So now i have an X5S on order.  So it actually worked out well
2017-3-8
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

only done a couple of runs in sport mode yesterday with and against the wind. 82km/h 52mph (with tail wind) and 56km/h (34.8 mph) against the wind.

Pretty disappointing if DJI have reduced the speed as they marketed it with 107.82km/h 67mph which was quickly reduced to 94km/h 58mph

Can someone at DJI explain the speed reductions?
2017-3-8
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-8 10:18
only done a couple of runs in sport mode yesterday with and against the wind. 82km/h 52mph (with tail wind) and 56km/h (34.8 mph) against the wind.

Pretty disappointing if DJI have reduced the speed as they marketed it with 107.82km/h 67mph which was quickly reduced to 94km/h 58mph

I have taken mine out once since doing the upgrade.  It was windy, but my speed was reduced at least 30KMH, if not more.  Far from scientific so I will have to do more testing.  I too was very upset about the advertised speed vs the actual, but if it is reduced again and there is consensus here I'm pretty sure a class action suit could be filed (not that I want to be a part of that anyway).
2017-3-8
Use props
Electro-Nick
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5989180 ft
United Kingdom

Got a 70mph downwind and 50 and 57mph running crosswind yesterday on latest firmware, so no difference to the kind of speeds I've managed before the firmware update. No grumbles from me.
2017-3-8
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

I had to send my x4s in, but had I not sent in, DJI R & D instructed me to hold the camera until the buzzing stopped in order to make the camera work until the next fix.  My x4s is due to arrive at DJI by 3/10.  Here's to hoping they have a jig or factory tool do downgrade my camera and get it back to me quickly (or maybe even a beta firmware applied).
2017-3-8
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

GabeZ Posted at 2017-3-8 15:54
I had to send my x4s in, but had I not sent in, DJI R & D instructed me to hold the camera until the buzzing stopped in order to make the camera work until the next fix.  My x4s is due to arrive at DJI by 3/10.  Here's to hoping they have a jig or factory tool do downgrade my camera and get it back to me quickly (or maybe even a beta firmware applied).

sorry to hear. I kind of liked the ability to update via SD like we did / do in the I1...  ability to force an update if needed.. or a "hot fix" for a specific issue. I had one with the I1, my VPS basically got bricked during an update. contacted DJI... got a file in less than 12 hrs.. fixed the bricked VPS.. no worries. seems we cant do that with the I2? everyone that has issues with the last update.. have to send the X4s in. poopy situation.
2017-3-8
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Gybo102 Posted at 2017-3-8 17:23
sorry to hear. I kind of liked the ability to update via SD like we did / do in the I1...  ability to force an update if needed.. or a "hot fix" for a specific issue. I had one with the I1, my VPS basically got bricked during an update. contacted DJI... got a file in less than 12 hrs.. fixed the bricked VPS.. no worries. seems we cant do that with the I2? everyone that has issues with the last update.. have to send the X4s in. poopy situation.

I guess a buzzing and stuck x4s camera is a small problem along side all the others.  But I haven't flown since the firmware hurt my camera, so I don't necessarily know if I have the other problems as well.  I hope not.......  I can't do much with my Inspire 2 without a camera, and I don't want any more issues.
2017-3-8
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-8 03:26
Sorry about the inconvenience. This version of firmware contains some major change. To make sure users have consistent experience with the product, we decided not to allow the downgrading of Inspire 2 (for this particular version)

YES.
I use both Litchi and Autopilot to fly missions and recently both have advised since firmware update not to fly using these applications as the I2 will behave erratically and we need to wait for a new firmware release from DJI.
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D385%26typeid%3D385

If both these apps have problems then im sure the DJI GO 4 will do the same.
2017-3-8
Use props
Amadeusz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24190 ft
United Arab Emirates

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-8 10:18

I have experienced exactly the same issue.  I was able to reach 105km/h, before the firmware update....

After upgrading, I caannot fly faster than 75km/h in Sport Mode, what is totally disgraceful.

I insist that someone who is responsible for these changes, should give me my money back immediately.  I have marketed Inspire 2 to the client, as the fastest drone on the market and it can be very useful for car adverts. Now, when I have shooting next weekend, I just hope he won't need the speed of 100km/h.
Can Someone at DJI explain these speed reductions ?

I cannot wait for the next firmware and another reduction to 30km/h, because who cares ? Right ?

2017-3-8
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

"Do you have any issues with the current firmware? "
Um if I didn't do you think I'd create this post!
What Dr Jon said kind of sums it up.... My bird is grounded until a new firmware is released or DJI make it possible to rollback firmware.
2017-3-9
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Rex65 Posted at 2017-3-9 03:29
"Do you have any issues with the current firmware? "
Um if I didn't do you think I'd create this post!
What Dr Jon said kind of sums it up.... My bird is grounded until a new firmware is released or DJI make it possible to rollback firmware.

Rex I can feel the pain. But sarcasm is not likely to help you get a reply from Thor.

My only hope is the DJI do read these pages and take the feedback from them.
2017-3-14
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 06:28
Rex I can feel the pain. But sarcasm is not likely to help you get a reply from Thor.

My only hope is the DJI do read these pages and take the feedback from them.

Sarcastic.... Maybe.
You obviously didn't see Thor's first post which was deleted very quickly!
Anyway, just hope new firmware is released this week.
Cheers.
2017-3-15
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

Just to say I'm grounded as well. See this post. I'm exercising great restraint at the moment. However, I'd like to think there will be a custom firmware patch for me, or, a new one that addresses mine and other problems. I'm not enthusiastic about the thought of sending it back.
2017-3-15
Use props
sharif0
lvl.2
Flight distance : 621312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Has anyone updated the firmware and NOT had an issue with their X4s camera?  

Am I correct to assume that noboy has report an issue with the X5s camera with new firmware?
2017-3-15
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

I don't update... I use an X4S and always record on D-Log and I dont want a broke X4S and ISO stuck to 500...
2017-3-20
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

Drastic reduction . . . not just in start, but also stop.  TOP speed difference yes, but I'm NOT as concerned with that as I am the acceleration !
2017-3-20
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Question:  If the speed reduction was due to over-stressing the air frame with a possible crash outcome, would you feel the downgrade in top speed was justified and outweighs the loss of the craft?

Could be Marketing got ahead of Engineering and the real-world capabilities.
2017-3-21
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft
United States

Yes, Definitely the top speed in Sport mode has been reduced again.  Flight tested two full days of flying now and the top speed is reduced about 8-10 mph from before the last F/W update.
2017-3-21
Use props
Barry Goyette
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14928 ft
  • >>>
United States

I certainly get the "not wanting my x4s bricked" reasoning, but relative to the DLOG ISO lock, realize you're trading in a POS, ugly, (old) D-Log for one that is actually usable and frankly very pretty (new) and that the new DLOG at 500 looks far better than the old D-log at 100, and the old D-Log probably shouldn't be shot at anything above 400 to start with. :-) I.E. Its hard for me to imagine why you'd want to keep your old dirty ISO variable D-Log in the first place, because it's largely useless.

Other than my licenses seem to sporadically stop working in the air, I haven't really seen any issues with the firmware update. I don't look at my speed when I'm flying so I can't tell you wether I've gotten slower or not, (and frankly it doesn't interest me.)
2017-3-21
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
United States

Barry Goyette Posted at 2017-3-21 09:05
I certainly get the "not wanting my x4s bricked" reasoning, but relative to the DLOG ISO lock, realize you're trading in a POS, ugly, (old) D-Log for one that is actually usable and frankly very pretty (new) and that the new DLOG at 500 looks far better than the old D-log at 100, and the old D-Log probably shouldn't be shot at anything above 400 to start with. :-) I.E. Its hard for me to imagine why you'd want to keep your old dirty ISO variable D-Log in the first place, because it's largely useless.

Other than my licenses seem to sporadically stop working in the air, I haven't really seen any issues with the firmware update. I don't look at my speed when I'm flying so I can't tell you wether I've gotten slower or not, (and frankly it doesn't interest me.)

I ended up eating my words... took a risk with all the post update gimbal issues people have been having. I lucked out with no gimbal issues on X4s or X5s.
As far as DLOG goes, agreed there is improvement on it, but I still dont like being locked at one ISO.. and DJI is doing odd things like adding DLOG to RAW... wtf?
2017-3-21
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

I'm really upset about this.  Honestly I didn't purchase this for it's top speed, but from a pure commercial consumer perspective, don't we have any recourse here?  I mean it was marketed as X, then in real world is Y and now far worse...this isn't A typical of how a business should operate ethically.  They need to give SOMETHING BIG BACK TO US.  I'm thinking about logging a call into consumer affairs in DC as I have a buddy there and ask their opinion.
2017-3-22
Use props
DECinHSV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14255190 ft
  • >>>
United States

having severe issues with connection and the APP since upgrade. . . and DJI appears to NOT have heard anyone else having issues.  I guess its all in our minds???
2017-3-22
Use props
NJ Flying Slow
lvl.3
United States

funny, marketing still says top speed of 58mph...they better change that as it is false advertising.
2017-3-25
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

It seems a new version of assistant 2 has been released with no update in the Inspire 2 firmware as far as I can tell. Does DJI release a new version of assistant each time firmware is updated?
It's been a long 5 days for revised firmware!
2017-3-29
Use props
Rex65
lvl.1
Australia

I couldn't wait any longer for the new firmware.... So I took the bird up on the weekend. I didn't try any modes other than the default "look straight ahead' mode. It went OK, switching from video to photo the first photo was all white! Then the pics were as expected. Received many high wind warnings but it wasn't that windy.... Understand it may have been worse 60m up but didn't see that. I think the limit for this warning should be increased. Anyway, I thought the gimbal vibration felt after the firmware update would affect the video but it didn't seem to. I did increase the frame rate and shutter speed though. I did notice when landing the craft, it hovered approx. 1 m above ground before it landed. I had disabled all the new landing stuff with the new app as well, I think. For a moment I thought bugger I'll have to hand catch this thing! But after a few seconds it was back under my control.
My problem with the latest firmware is the gimbal calibration (not the initialisation when switching on) and the sensors..... also the reported problems with other software.
2017-4-11
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

NJ Flying Slow  Posted at 2017-3-8 13:53
I have taken mine out once since doing the upgrade.  It was windy, but my speed was reduced at least 30KMH, if not more.  Far from scientific so I will have to do more testing.  I too was very upset about the advertised speed vs the actual, but if it is reduced again and there is consensus here I'm pretty sure a class action suit could be filed (not that I want to be a part of that anyway).

Man, for sure!!! If I lived in the US or in a country officially covered by DJI I'd procceed to an action! It's up to you US guys to take action against this coward act! Wondering that another firmware just came out today and nothing was declared about the speed issue, despite dozens of buyers complaining and stating this major change in speed....
2017-4-13
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Thor, what do you DJI guys say about the speed reduction after the latest .240 firmware?! You're aware of this complaint, right?!
2017-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules